RFC Europe map development thread

I think Iberia is too strong in resources. No matter if you play Cordoba or Spanish you always end up with an early conquer and get all the goodies. The geographic area is too good. You control the Gibraltar strait for water units and on the land side you only have to defend the Pyrenees between Spain and France, a small easily defended choke point.

This thread has been abandoned for a while, but there are still some map problems especially in the far east :
I know the Byzantines start off with lots of cities already, but Mistra in the Peloponnese and a city in northern Anatolia are really missing. They were important parts of the empire.
There is still a problem with the silk route. IMO, its representation right now (3 silks and a tea in the south-easter corner) is not satisfactory. I think that it could be replaced by 2 or 3 special resources (called silk route) that would make it possible to build trading posts in Persia, India, Mongolia,China... that would be like early colonial projects, each giving its own bonuses.

Yeah, this would be awesome
The eastern civs would get the opportunity to build some early colonies
There could be a Silk Road Acces resource the same way we have the Atlantic Acces
One north east of the Black sea, and 3-4 more on the south eastern border of the map

Top Bottom