1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Europe: Small bugs/fixes

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by sedna17, Nov 20, 2008.

1. KaiserBenjamin

KaiserBenjamin Chieftain

2. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

No. You can never completely destroy a religion. You should never be able to purge Catholicism from Rome, or Orthodoxy from Constantinople and Protestants and Muslims should never be destroyed.

3. kochman

kochman Chieftain

Couldn't you raze the shrine city, and persecute the rest?

4. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

I don't think you understood my point. I can't purge Catholicism and Orthodoxy from Jerusalem. Is this intentional?

5. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

We made Jerusalem an exeption to that. Normally you should be able to prosecute. But you can't do that in Jerusalem. (Only there, no other city)

6. Feyaria

Feyaria Chieftain

missing text for new-civic-popups:
    TXT_KEX_CIVIC_COLONIALISM_STRATEGY
    TXT_KEX_CIVIC_FREE_LABOR_STRATEGY
    TXT_KEX_CIVIC_IMPERIALISM_STRATEGY
    State Religion Strategy says +3 xp, but its +25% military production

missing GP-Names
    TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_ANREI_RUBLEV
    TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_AFONSO_HENRIQUES
    should be Andrei and Alfonso?

7. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Yes to Andrei. No to Alfonso. Afonso is the correct Portugese spelling afaik.

8. jmerry

jmerry Chieftain

Note that consistency is more important than accuracy in XML entry names (although TXT_KEX might cause trouble). The vanilla files have "UNIT_VIKING_BESERKER" and "BUILDING_CHINESE_PAVILLION", after all. It doesn't matter what the TXT_KEY is named, as long as it's the same between definition and usage, and as long as its value is correct.

9. Feyaria

Feyaria Chieftain

The name entries are either written wrong or non existent, no time to search in the XML files.

I have screenshots for all the the missing texts, here just one:

Its ok for an alpha version, but if you want to go beta soon, these things should be taken care of.

10. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

We don't have strategy texts for civics yet. Feel free to make them and I will include them.

Fixed the missing GP-names. (in next version)

11. dragodon64

dragodon64 Noble

How exactly was this done? Say for instance I moved Jerusalem 1W to put in on the coast, would this still apply as long as the city is named Jerusalem or is it tile specific?

A somewhat related question, would moving the locations or Marseilles, Mediolanum, Antioch or Aleppo make it impossible for Genoa and Arabia to complete their UHVs, or do the boxes in the reference folder actually define the territory they must control?

12. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

It's done in C++ if I'm right. You should ask 3Miro for more info.

You just have to control those territories. So you won't be able to make it impossible. Otherwise it would be very frustrating for them.;)

13. Feyaria

Feyaria Chieftain

Assets/XML/Gameinfo/CIV4CivicisInfos.xml
    Line 239 _STRATEGY is missing after LIMITED_MONARCHY
    Line 1100 .... the _ ist missing between FREE and LABOR

Assets/XML/Text/CIV4GameTextInfos_RFCE_Civics.xml
    replace old state religion text with this new one:
    Code:
    	<TEXT>
    		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVIC_STATE_RELIGION_STRATEGY</Tag>
    		<English>Cities with State Religion train units faster</English>
    		<French/><German/><Italian/><Spanish/><Russian/><Japanese/><Chinese/></TEXT>

new texts:
    Code:
    	<TEXT>
    		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVIC_COLONIALISM_STRATEGY</Tag>
    		<English>Adds stability for each colony founded</English>

<TEXT>
    		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVIC_IMPERIALISM_STRATEGY</Tag>
    		<English>Adds stability for each city outside the core area</English>

<TEXT>
    		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIVIC_SERFDOM_STRATEGY</Tag>
    		<English>+1 production from farms, slower growth for cottages and great people</English>

14. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

You cannot purge any religion from Jerusalem. It makes no sense, it has held major shrines for all of our religions in the game (I not 100% sure about Protestantism, but the other have had shrines). This is surely intended.

In the other case, you cannot purge a religion from its holy city or if the city holds the HQ and/or wonders associated with that religion. It was great fun to have protestant England prosecute the Knight Hospitales HQ and lose the huge gold bonus. You cannot purge Judaism from the Temple Mount city and so on.

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I know this. It was an explanation to someone else. I might have not been clear enough.

16. KaiserKevin

KaiserKevin Chieftain

So I'm playing as Genoa and have some vassals. I'm Catholic and I want them to be Catholic to just cuz. Anyway sent a Persecutor out to gift them, and found I could eliminate religions in their cities. Furthermore, after doing it the persecutor is not eliminated, he just keeps going! Was able to eliminate Protestantism from Germany with a single unit and within like 3 turns. I assume we don't want this.

17. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

As Spain I had a 4 city-vassal of Portugal, I built two Persecutors and sent them, each of them cleaned 2 cities from Protestianism. I thought it was weird but probably coded in and now that I think of it it's not bad.

18. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

This is a bug. You should only be able to prosecute in your cities and gift prosecutors to to others. If you want them to prosecute protestants, you should make sure they are Catholic to begin with.

19. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

@ Sedna

With revision 322, the civilopedia doesn't work anymore. And when I load a testgame as France, the whole game crashes. I had just enough time to see the error said it had something to do with Alexander. (now Abu Yusuf Yaqub) Their are also XML files in the art directory. What are they doing their?

20. sedna17

sedna17 Chieftain

Oops, I thought I left it in a working state when I closed last night -- must have missed something -- probably there's a file that is local on my machine which I forgot to add to the SVN. I'll try to fix it tonight.

The XML files in the art directory are because I grabbed some of the LH art out of the Civ Gold mod. This was nice because they had the artdefines all set up, so I didn't have to figure out which files to point to (sometimes it's ambiguous). At some point I will delete them, but please leave them there for now.