RFC Europe: Small bugs/fixes

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I can't seem to build Cluny Abbey. Well, I can, but when I end the turn, the game freezes up. It stays on the "Waiting for other civilizations" point for a long while, I quit waiting after a few minutes.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I can't seem to build Cluny Abbey. Well, I can, but when I end the turn, the game freezes up. It stays on the "Waiting for other civilizations" point for a long while, I quit waiting after a few minutes.

Did anyone else experience this?

Checked it with Burgundy, no problems for me

Never happened to me before. Cluny Abbey with Venice and France, no problems.

By the way, something strange happens with Cordoba sometimes. When they're still Cordoba they appear as Hafsid Caliphate. Last time it happened I was with the Norse and I passed by Tanjah and that was their capital. Maybe a bug similar to that of no Islamic Holy City (corrected on patch 1.01), but with Cordoba triggering their later name when they respawn, as an african city is its capital (probably by not founding their capital in the first turn, or by having it conquered early enough for Tanjah to replace it).

Not the first time it happened, but the only one I investigated.

By the way, something strange happens with Cordoba sometimes. When they're still Cordoba they appear as Hafsid Caliphate. Last time it happened I was with the Norse and I passed by Tanjah and that was their capital. Maybe a bug similar to that of no Islamic Holy City (corrected on patch 1.01), but with Cordoba triggering their later name when they respawn, as an african city is its capital (probably by not founding their capital in the first turn, or by having it conquered early enough for Tanjah to replace it).

Not the first time it happened, but the only one I investigated.

I'm not sure
They can only be named Hafsid Caliphate if they already respawned, of that I'm certain
Their respawn coordinates are set around Tunisia
I guess the problem appears when Cordoba collapses and respawns very early in the game, but have no idea where can be the bug

Well, not what happened at this game with the Norse:

At their spawn they are already treated as Hafsid Caliphate, this was the game their capital was Tanjah (they never lost Cordoba, so I don't know how they got Tanjah as capital). But I'm playing another game now with the Byzantines, and Cordoba is Hafsid Caliphate again, with capital at Cordoba.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 516
Is it normal that Toledo, Valencia, Tangier and Sinope were respectively traded to Cordoba*3 and Byzatium ?

Yeah, those three cordoban cities are given after the spawn, and Sinope was taken by the barbs and flipped back after some turns, a lot common with the byzantine anatolian cities. The problem is the Cordoban already being called Hafsid Caliphate since the beggining

Yeah, those three cordoban cities are given after the spawn, and Sinope was taken by the barbs and flipped back after some turns, a lot common with the byzantine anatolian cities. The problem is the Cordoban already being called Hafsid Caliphate since the beggining

Yeah, but I still couldn't find what can be wrong
XML for DCN is fine, and I don't see any bugs in the getRespawned and setRespawned functions either :confused:

Also I have never seen this in any of my testgames...
Can you post your savegame?

Here they are, both the Norse and Byzantine games with the bug

Attachments

• Norse.CivBeyondSwordSave
    547.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Roman Empire.CivBeyondSwordSave
    470.8 KB · Views: 186
Currently I, can't play RFCEurope. The mod loads fine and the title screen, music and civilopedia are all stellar but there's no scenario, only the WBQuicksave.

I went to the configuration settings and unlocked "make public maps available" and put the RFCEurope scenario in the Public Maps of the mod file AND the programmer files and while the non-RFCEurope maps appear (1000AD, Earth18 civs, etc.). but the modmod's scenario does not.

I've downloaded the most recent files several times and nothing changes. The problem must be me because the same problem occurred with RFC: DoC. But I have two seperate computers (one of which is new) with the 3.19 Patches running the most recent versions of original Rhye, C2C, and GEM.

Sorry for being a bother, but I've had the same problem on two separate computers and I really want to play some RFCE.

EDIT: I also tried the WBSaves posted above and I got an error that said "failed to uncompress data"

Wow that worked. I would have never guessed that.

Can I ask why is RFCE special to other mods and needs to be in the programmer files? I'm genuinely curious.

That's not special to RFCE. Many mods won't work properly if you don't install them in the program files.

This is very likely the reason DoC doesn't work either.

Well thank you very much! And I'm loving RFCE so far!

Good luck with the rest of your progress on this awesome modmod!

Oh, I see it's already answered here
Great then, and watch for further updates.
As soon as I'm able to fix the strange bug, the official RFCE is 1.3 is released

I can load the RFC Europe mod, but than I can't start the game. When I go to load a scenario, it gives me the list of saved scenarios, but not anything else. And I can't press play now either causes its greyed out. Whats wrong?

I can load the RFC Europe mod, but than I can't start the game. When I go to load a scenario, it gives me the list of saved scenarios, but not anything else. And I can't press play now either causes its greyed out. Whats wrong?

Possible answer:

Did you install the mod in My Games/.../BTS/Mods or Program Files/.../BTS/Mods? It should be the latter.

Another possibility. Have you updated BTS to 3.19?

SVN 1161

- Changed 1st Scottish UHV to "by 1296 AD"
- Changed 2nd Scottish UHV to 2500 attitude points

The new UHV 1 code gives "achievement failed" since the beginning.

Talking abut UHV 2, I never succeeded in getting 1000 attitude points because France always collapsed before.
Now 2500 points in some 208 turns mean an average of 12 points per turn: isn't that too much? And what if France collapses?

Top Bottom