RFC Sagas: Egypt

The final diplomatic actions of the Middle Kingdom, designed to keep it safe and secure, ironically brought about it's doom. Signing a peace treaty with the Phoenician coalition, and establishing good relations with the up-and-coming Roman Republic, while a prudent and practical idea, angered the powerful reactionary military faction, who wanted war to be unending until Egypt had control over the entire world. Soon after these actions were done, the military staged a coup, deposing the reigning Pharaoh Nekht-Khem, and installing a puppet Pharaoh named Ra-Amen in his place. The Middle Kingdom of Egypt had come to a sudden and unexpected end.

Spoiler :

The Greek-City States, well aware that the New Kingdom of Egypt would not consider even them as friends, decided to nip the problem in the bud, and declared war on Egypt. The upper echelons of the New Kingdom of Egypt welcomed the challenge, but the commoners below realized that the so-called Security War, might spell doom for the Egyptians, and had spelled doom for many of their young men.

Spoiler :

Year 1: Despite its violent and cynical beginning, the New Kingdom of Egypt spawned some of Egypt's most beloved men during this time. The Pharaoh Namer, considered by many to be one of the greatest Pharaohs in Egypt's existence helped calm the angry populace with many rousing, personal, and surprisingly honest speeches. In his most famous speech, dubbed by historians the "Patriot's Speech", he declared that the war started by the Egyptians so many years ago must be finished by Egyptians. He also spoke of the loss of his son in battle, and how it paled in comparison to the many losses suffered by the Egyptian populace. He also took place in many of the battles of Egypt himself, and surprisingly, invented the Egyptian calender.

30: This year the Pharaoh Namer died. The Pharaoh's assistant Ptah-Hotep, a well-respected man in his own right, declared him to be the Pharaoh to aspire to when following Pankemetist tradition. In order to assist people in following his example, he wrote one of the first accurate biographies (as far as historians can tell) in the world. Today, Ptah-Hotep's birthplace is considered a must-see for any devoted Pankemetist.

Spoiler :

60: This year is considered the high point of the Security War. During this period, Egypt held, in addition Egypt proper and the Levant, Eastern Anatolia and the ancient city of Babylon. However, in a few years it became apparent that Egypt could not keep this territory. It simply did not have the populace or resources to continue fighting the Greek coalition.

Spoiler :

75: The Egyptians met the Indians on this year. For years, the Egyptians had known that the Persians, had abandoned the "enemy's religion" of Pankemetism, and instead turned to the mysterious eastern religion known as Buddhism. Meeting the Indians provided a chance for Egyptians to learn more about the religion, and although they found the ideas of reincarnation, Karma, and Nirvana interesting, Buddhism did not catch on in Egypt.

Spoiler :

270: By this time, the Egyptians had become, quite frankly, sick of war. The Security war had lasted very long, even by ancient and classical world standards. In addition to the Greeks, the Romans, sensing an opportunity, had invaded Egypt proper intent on conquest. In an effort to save his kingdom, the Pharaoh Hotep-Ui, made a peace treaty with Greece that renounced all claims on Greek lands. None but the most extreme warmongers protested; It had become apparent a hundred years back that Egypt could not win the war against Greece.

Spoiler :

300: Egypt was still at war with Rome, however, which had superior troops and weaponry. In an effort to finance the war, the aging Hotep-Ui ordered a form of currency to be established. Soon, the Pankemetist Kingdom of Axum to the South began trading with the Egyptians with Egyptian currency, and even taught the Egyptians some of their unique Pankemetist practices.

Spoiler :

Sorry guys, short update

The Dark Ages Era

The Security war ended in 435, when the emperor of Rome, Bacchus, signed a peace treaty with the Egyptian Pharaoh Nes-Em-Ab. In the treaty, Rome acquired the city of Abdju, renamed the city of Abydos. It was a long-fought battle against Rome, and almost the entire population of Egypt was either drafted into the army or died of the plague. The suffering of the entire population of Egypt, from commoners to noblemen alike, was incredible during the final days of the security war. A few years after the war, the Roman Empire split into the Eastern and Western Roman Empires. Although Egypt was able to reacquire Abydos, the Levant was lost against the Eastern Roman Empire's might. Although it has been argued by historians whether Egypt could theoretically fight, most agree that it's citizens were far too exhausted to allow such an event to occur.

The New Kingdom of Egypt puttered along for a few years, before finally, a popular revolt against the government that caused so much suffering was replaced by the so-called Just Kingdom.

Alright, a civilization saved from destruction, but at a huge cost. Cleopatra's Dream failed. Need you guys to pick a new UHV, hopefully an easier one. I simply don't think Egypt had the resources for that dream to ever become a reality.

Never mind! Egypt is beyond my skill level. This is why I was Asking you guys to help me. RRRRRGH! Well whatever

What do you want the next Civilization/mod/scenario be? I'm not gonna limit it to RFC, it can be almost anything that has a preset map. Also, what will the three starting UHVs be.

Never mind! Egypt is beyond my skill level. This is why I was Asking you guys to help me. RRRRRGH! Well whatever

What do you want the next Civilization/mod/scenario be? I'm not gonna limit it to RFC, it can be almost anything that has a preset map. Also, what will the three starting UHVs be.

i wish i could've help you, but i'm afraid egypt is beyond my skill too :(

It would be so much easier as egypt if there was some way to prevent the Arabian spawn

also, assuming you didn't get completely conquered, I would say continue this story. Sometimes, stories of defeat can be equal to, if not better, than stories of victory. Does it still suck getting beaten in a war? yeah, it sucks a lot. But the thing is not to give up, but to come back and hit the enemy harder. There is nothing more satisfying than defeating an enemy that you fought tooth and nail to survive against

especially in a multiplayer game

i figured as much. In which case, I would like to suggest that the next story be that you take on the Civ 4 Buddhist Challenge for Vanilla BTS. Rules are simple

Found buddhism
Build the three buddhist wonders (Angkor wat, mahibodhi, and Shwedagon Paya)
you can only draft 10 times the whole game
no slavery or caste
can world builder gold and marble in your bfc
you can only bulb philosophy or aesthetics with the oracle
You can only declare war if you find it holy or think they're a threat (real or imaginary :mischief:)
can only send out settlers with buddhist missionaries

if you would prefer to play it in rfc or it's modmods, I could see about adapting the rules

Egypt is very difficult. Sorry we couldn't help more :(

I'm currently trying those goals, setting an alternate UHV determined by the readers was an intriguing idea! I think it can be pulled off, but it's certainly not easy. But once you got Combat III elephants even the Roman legions will fall for sure.

Since you were asking for advice some tips from someone who excessively played RFC Egypt:
Your start was too slow. Going straight for Masonry had your capital work unimproved tiles and once you got the tech a single worker is rather slow at getting up the quarries. Research Pottery first and try something more like this:
worker → warrior → start on granary until 2 pop → second worker → grow to 3 then settler → grow to 4 then whip granary for 2 pop
Workers farm the wheat, put a cottage on the marble and two more cottages, make sure one is where the BFC of the capital and second city overlap. After that it's soon time to quarry the stone.
Also, you can usually steal your third worker from Jerusalem with either an axeman or war chariot depending on your research path.

Zoro was a bad choice for the religion goal. It was a big early tech investment that slowed you down further without returning anything, can't even go Organized Religion without sacrificing the classical wonders. It's much better to shoot for a ~600 BC Taoism with three plantation resources in your core to raise your happy cap.

Top Bottom