RFCEurope 1.0

UP: +2 :culture:, +1 :) per city without state :religion:
Pagan Shrine: +1 :culture: without state :religion:, +1 :) with Paganism

Problem: no city shows any :culture: for a pagan shrine :(

The city :culture: sliders are OK:
Vilnius: expected :culture: 5 got: 5 (palace, UP, shrine)
Gardinas: expected :culture: 4 got: 4 (UP, shrine, religion)
Ryga: expected :culture: 5 got: 5 (UP, shrine, orthMon, religion)
Minskas: expected :culture: 2 got: 2 (UP)

It seems only the city manager was unable to show the :culture: bonus. I tried to figure out how in RFC the Apostolic-Palace-Production-Bonus works but failed. Any ideas?

Yeah, culture display is sometimes strange on city screens
Besides the pagan shrines for Lithuania, there is an issue with all the civs which have preset culture modifiers (Portugal for example)
That part of it is originated somewhere in Rhye's original code
Anyway, since this is only a display issue (culture works as intended), it's very low priority to fix

Been playing on the SVN version and it's very good.

I don't think the UK and Ireland map needs much changing, but I have a couple of ideas for some tweaks if you are taking suggestions?

Glad to see this is finished!
Good work everyone!!!

Actually it's far from finished, I still have a couple things planned
But thanks, in behalf of 3Miro and the other modders too! 1.0 was a big milestone in the mod for sure :)

Been playing on the SVN version and it's very good.

I don't think the UK and Ireland map needs much changing, but I have a couple of ideas for some tweaks if you are taking suggestions?

Some small suggestions and tweaks are always welcomed
What do you have in mind for the British Isles? Changing the map itself? The resources? The city name map?

On the map itself I would rather not make big changes, maybe some minor ones. But depends on what do you have in mind of course
I'm not perfectly statisfied with the resources (and the city placement because of that), so feel free to play around with it
The city name maps are far from perfect, it was just a quick draft actually. I would be gald if you would improve them

What about the Byzantine UHV (the first one) - do I need to lower the population of other cities of mine to pass it? For example, Constantinople is 10 and Alexandria - 11. No foreign cities are above 10 or equal. Will the UHV be counted as accomplished?

You need to hit "no growth" in your other cities like Alexandria before they become to big. You fail if one of your cities are bigger than Constantinopel.

Yeah ezzlar is right, not even your cities can be more populated then Constantinople.

I just hit the focus on food button letting the AI make the most food for me. In the meantime be sure to get new health and happiness resources, make 2 wonders at Constantinople (Marco Polo's Embassy and Round Church are easy to make) and any building that gives culture to you. That should always do it, but be sure Alexandria don't pass it, being yours or on the hands of the arabs. Alexandria gets big faster then any city in this mod.

Yep, Alexandria and the whole Nile-delta region is a bit more powerful than it should be
I had a WIP version of the map with Egypt, the Levant and Anatolia changed, where this was also fixed among many things
I'm not yet sure though whether I should include those changes for 1.0

I started playing with the Norse yesterday (the fastest UHV game on RFCE), and the initializing tip was something like that: In RFCE there's nothing you can do to avoid plagues.

True, except for a single 100% sure way of avoiding it: Complete the Norse UHV (or make the fastest Arab game, ending before going too far on 1300, not so surely as the Norse). The Norse UHV game is always plague free, so for you who hate Plagues, go for the Norse UHV.

But if you hate plagues so much, I think the Norse UHV game will be even more annoying hehehe.

This is the main part for German translation plus some changes in "unique power" display.

HHG

(more to come)

Attachments

• Assets.zip
    885.4 KB · Views: 64
Problem: One parameter is missing in calls to "spawnUnits" in Barbs.py:"onImprovementDestroyed"

Fix: see zip

edit: ... and added the same handicap mechanism for barb spawns as everywhere

Attachments

• Barbs.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 57
Oh, nevermind my PM
Didn't see these posts when I sent it...

EDIT:
Why did you change all those civics?
It's for your personal version, and only uploaded by mistake?

EDIT2:
You didn't base your changes on the latest SVN version......
I have to merge all your changes in manually :/

@ HHH

Do you have SVN? It might be useful to add you as a modder on sourceforge, so you can upload the changes yourself.

@ Absinthered
What do you think of adding HHH as a modder?

Why did you change all those civics?
It's for your personal version, and only uploaded by mistake?
for the german version I changed the text to be more medieval. All other languages got the colors and icons. Additionaly I removed most of the spanish text - the contents was the same everywhere. Additionaly I adjusted the text to the "real" settings. I stumbled upon this when I analysed the text to reimplement the stability dependencies.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean ... this file had duplicates and unused entries. I sorted it, removed the duplicates and commented the unused stuff. Sorry - I forgot to tell you, but this was one of the first files I analyzed.

You didn't base your changes on the latest SVN version......
I have to merge all your changes in manually :/
Sorry for that, It's based on 647 or 649 but it's hard for me to check the svn daily. I made a lot of changes when offline. I try to be better with this in the future.

EDIT: One major glitch I found was about drafting. Drafting is referenced 2 times but totally disabled in CivInfo

@ HHH

Do you have SVN? It might be useful to add you as a modder on sourceforge, so you can upload the changes yourself.

@ Absinthered
What do you think of adding HHH as a modder?

Since there are a couple ongoing translations, it would be no use
It's enough if he uses the latest SVN version of the mod, at least for now
We will see later. If he stays this interested in helping in the mod, we might add modding access to him as well

for the german version I changed the text to be more medieval. All other languages got the colors and icons. Additionaly I removed most of the spanish text - the contents was the same everywhere. Additionaly I adjusted the text to the "real" settings. I stumbled upon this when I analysed the text to reimplement the stability dependencies.

I don't mean the text file in the XML folder
But the GameInfo/CIV4CivicInfos.xml file itself
There are lot of gameplay changes there

Sorry for that, It's based on 647 or 649 but it's hard for me to check the svn daily. I made a lot of changes when offline. I try to be better with this in the future.

Next time get rid of all your previous files, and have a fresh start based on the latest version.
I will tell you when I merged in and uploaded everything, and you are good to go

I don't mean the text file in the XML folder
But the GameInfo/CIV4CivicInfos.xml file itself
There are lot of gameplay changes there
What I have fixed here. I removed all those hard coded texts from the civic-strategy XML and let RFC create those text based on CivicInfos.xml. So all civic benefits are now shown based on the real values defined in CivicInfos.xml. If you use the former file version of CivicInfos.xml but the modified XML/Text you will see what I mean on the Civics-Screen. Some of the former bonus text are gone. What I have done here is to adjust the values to what was intended. Now you can adjust values in CivicInfos.xml and will see the immediate change in Civics-Screen without modifying any further text-files. If you tell me what is "more" correct, the STRATEGY text from XML or the contents of CivicInfos, I could change it to what you think is best. Long story short: I removed the hard-coded civics bonus text and set the values so that the Civic-Screen still shows the same bonus.

Some text observations:
Why did you change the quotes only in german?
Why do you give the norse these names in german: normann and norwegian?

Some text observations:
Why did you change the quotes only in german?
this is W.I.P. - I changed where I found a german translation for the quote. or where I found a german quote with the relevant key-word. Most quotes are still in english - even in german tags.
Why do you give the norse these names in german: normann and norwegian?
The men from the north are called "Normannen" in medievial. Later this changed to norway and when denmark raises you can talk about scandinavians. But the peoples living there before are "Normannen". The french Normandy got its name from them not vice versa.

What I have fixed here. I removed all those hard coded texts from the civic-strategy XML and let RFC create those text based on CivicInfos.xml. So all civic benefits are now shown based on the real values defined in CivicInfos.xml. If you use the former file version of CivicInfos.xml but the modified XML/Text you will see what I mean on the Civics-Screen. Some of the former bonus text are gone. What I have done here is to adjust the values to what was intended. Now you can adjust values in CivicInfos.xml and will see the immediate change in Civics-Screen without modifying any further text-files. If you tell me what is "more" correct, the STRATEGY text from XML or the contents of CivicInfos, I could change it to what you think is best. Long story short: I removed the hard-coded civics bonus text and set the values so that the Civic-Screen still shows the same bonus.

Ummm, what are you talking about?
The CivicInfos.xml is not only a text file
If you change anything there, that has serious consequences on balance
I'm fine whatever you changes in how the texts look (Text/CIV4GameText_RFCE_Civics.xml), but why would you changed the actual effects of the civics in the Gameinfo/CIV4CivicInfos.xml?

Top Bottom