RFCEurope 1.0

Congrats to everyone, especially to 3Miro, must feel like a second PhD thesis :) I was checking the progress since early alpha's, never followed any modmod that long :lol: It is strange google news does not tell anything about this achievement :goodjob:

Congrats to everyone, especially to 3Miro, must feel like a second PhD thesis :) I was checking the progress since early alpha's, never followed any modmod that long :lol: It is strange google news does not tell anything about this achievement :goodjob:

Yesterday I had a dream: this team put me on the thank list of RFCE......I was so happy yet feel flattered. I always wanted to create a game since childhood, now I am going for different career, but still like to help. Thank you all!

Truth be told, RFCE too longer than my PhD.

I did give a talk about game modding in Florida State University, although not too many people came. At least some people noticed this as a professional achievement, not just something I was simply wasting time with.

Congrats on a great mod. Anyone who downloads this will appreciate all the work that has gone into it.

I really enjoyed playing the mod, but one thing I have noticed is that the Civil War aspect of the game still makes a lot of civs collapse too early.

I still enjoy playing it, though. It's definitely a fun game, and I like the projects idea for a Europe-based mod for resources.

In my Bulgaria game, all the cottage/hamlet/village/town art is missing. That is to say, they are functioning, but do not visually appear. Help someone?

In my Bulgaria game, all the cottage/hamlet/village/town art is missing. That is to say, they are functioning, but do not visually appear. Help someone?

Oh boy, we missed that one. We will have to release a patch soon.

merijn_v1, try starting a game with Bulgaria and build some cottages with the WB, they don't show up. Do you know how to fix this?

I believe it's a bug in the XML. If so, it will be very easy to fix.

@ All
If you spot the same problem with Poland, Hungary or Lithuania, don't worry. It's the same bug.

EDIT: Fixed.
Unzip the file: .../Mods/RFCEurope/Assets/XML/Buildings (If it doesn't replace anything you're doing it wrong!)

I believe it's a bug in the XML. If so, it will be very easy to fix.

@ All
If you spot the same problem with Poland, Hungary or Lithuania, don't worry. It's the same bug.

EDIT: Fixed.
Unzip the file: .../Mods/RFCEurope/Assets/XML/Buildings (If it doesn't replace anything you're doing it wrong!)

Nice, I will try to release a patched version some time soon.

What do you think about the feature that you cant attack new civs for a few turns? I am thinking about the situation when you play Byzantines. You almost always start at war with the Arabs and Bulgars. For new player this is challenging, peace would have been a lot easier. But if you are an experienced player I am only grateful since my welcome SoDs are always ready to celebrate.

Auto peace would turn up difficulty since even if I am strong in military I cant afford the stability penalty for capturing/razing cities as Byzantines.

What do you think about the feature that you cant attack new civs for a few turns? I am thinking about the situation when you play Byzantines. You almost always start at war with the Arabs and Bulgars. For new player this is challenging, peace would have been a lot easier. But if you are an experienced player I am only grateful since my welcome SoDs are always ready to celebrate.

Auto peace would turn up difficulty since even if I am strong in military I cant afford the stability penalty for capturing/razing cities as Byzantines.

Thanks for the feedback, but we are no longer adding features to 1.0, only bug fixes. Please share your idea on any of the RFCEuropeII threads (which is really any thread other than this one).

Here is one good thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=298542&page=294

Umm, didn't we add this feature a couple months ago? :)
I vaguely remember, but IIRC it's 5 turns by default, and only the human player cannot declare war on the AI, the AI is free to do anything

Also, I think that the faith points are missing from the screen if I play as Bulgaria.

It seems a serious bug . But just in Bulgarian games ?

Umm, didn't we add this feature a couple months ago? :)
I vaguely remember, but IIRC it's 5 turns by default, and only the human player cannot declare war on the AI, the AI is free to do anything

Yes, it is implemented already. But for each civ it is a certain percentage chance that they will start at war. Bulgar/Arab vs Byzantium is very high, in that case it is free to attack them upon spawn. If the war probability was set to 0% they would always start at peace, found their cities, and probably live longer.

Indeed, the 5 turns auto peace doesn't apply on preset wars
I'm still not convinced if we should change that
Preset wars are supposedly an advantage to the newly spawned civs
Even if war benefits an experienced player with the old civ too, those wars are also very important for the new civs

Top Bottom