RFCEurope 1.3

Yeah. I only changed the name.

I actually didn't want to upload it yet, but I forgot to uncheck it. As it doesn't change anything else (IIRC), I didn't undo the change.

Okok, I don't mind
Only asked because I made some changes to the scenario file (mostly resource)

New commit is up, with some more important and/or not that trivial changes included:

ReduceCity mechanics (into towns) won't kill units on the plot
Revised initial stability for the different difficulty levels
Lowered almost all leaders willingness to vassalize voluntarily
Added a small initial food reserve on city foundation. Currently 1/5 of the next growth threshold.

I would love to hear some feedback on these, especially on the vassalization (I plan to make some further updates there eventually)
Also, as the new version has an updated dll for the mod, it will definitetly break save games

New commit is up, with some more important and/or not that trivial changes included:

ReduceCity mechanics (into towns) won't kill units on the plot
Revised initial stability for the different difficulty levels
Lowered almost all leaders willingness to vassalize voluntarily
Added a small initial food reserve on city foundation. Currently 1/5 of the next growth threshold.

I would love to hear some feedback on these, especially on the vassalization (I plan to make some further updates there eventually)
Also, as the new version has an updated dll for the mod, it will definitetly break save games

Increased or decreased? I've found initial stability to be a big challenge on Emperor, so interested to see if it's gone up or down!

Agree on vassalisation, and would reduce willingness to capitulate as well, as some civs (England in particular) seem too willing to capitulate very early.

Also did you see the discussion on the other thread about giving England another settlers and crossbow, to compensate for the extra challenge from often starting at war with both Scotland and France? Particularly important for the AI imo, to prevent the capitulation which seems to happen most of the time.

i have an england game right now....and imo its okey. i killed scottland around 1200. also france collapsed by 1250. but stability prevented me to take all the land i need. now its 1400 and the last city is under siege. so help the ai with no unit but something else!

imo its not really historical to own aquitania as england in 1. uhv:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/475833516853837179/
and
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/278378820692608760/

ok they took it for a few decade but imo its better for gameplay to leave it untouched, maybe france survive...

I think this is the main reason Aquitaine is in the English UHV:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angevin_Empire

England obtained Aquitaine in around 1150AD and held it for the next 300 years. It was French efforts to reclaim Aquitaine which contributed to the outbreak of the Hundred Years War, and the eventual recapturing of Bordeaux in 1451. It was the last parts of France to remain in British hands, along with Caen and Calais - if anything it should be historical territory for England up until 1450.

Also, many UHV have a part which isn't historical, but attempted/wanted by the civ.

Yep, the classic UHV receipt by Rhye was 2 historical (accomplished) goals, and 1 which can be interpreted as a failed goal

Btw, didn't get any savegames about the strange CTD connected to city conquest in 2 weeks or so
Does this mean it's more or less gone with the recent changes? Or just noone bothers to report it?

Increased or decreased? I've found initial stability to be a big challenge on Emperor, so interested to see if it's gone up or down!

Agree on vassalisation, and would reduce willingness to capitulate as well, as some civs (England in particular) seem too willing to capitulate very early.

Also did you see the discussion on the other thread about giving England another settlers and crossbow, to compensate for the extra challenge from often starting at war with both Scotland and France? Particularly important for the AI imo, to prevent the capitulation which seems to happen most of the time.

Actually it stayed the same on Emperor
+2 on Monarch, +6 on Viceroy
I will consider giving England a couple more units, but only for the AI

its not gone at all! we just dont want to spam the topic with it....
also i dont understand, how can 1 turn of anarchy take me down from +11 to -2 shaky??? or sometime even more. i never had anywhere anarchy to drop down with only 3 points. usually its minus 10 or more, but minimum -6 points. if its more then 1 turn, things get worse. like +5 to minus 25. another stability stuff is when nothing happens in the civ, but stabiliy shifts by turns, like: +5, +3, +4, +6, +3 ....etc. without any war, deal, stab building ....being done. why is that?

its not gone at all! we just dont want to spam the topic with it....
also i dont understand, how can 1 turn of anarchy take me down from +11 to -2 shaky??? or sometime even more. i never had anywhere anarchy to drop down with only 3 points. usually its minus 10 or more, but minimum -6 points. if its more then 1 turn, things get worse. like +5 to minus 25. another stability stuff is when nothing happens in the civ, but stabiliy shifts by turns, like: +5, +3, +4, +6, +3 ....etc. without any war, deal, stab building ....being done. why is that?

First of all:
I don't think you even noticed there are 2 types of stability, temporary and permanent
The temp is called "swing" stability, it easily go down by a big amount (for example on civic change), but will converge back to zero really fast (in a couple turns)
Second:
Regarding the small changes by turns, there are lots of small modifiers, which I'm sure you claim as "nothing happens". For example: garrison in a city, war activities around your cities, the state of improved resources in your territory, current economic state of your country, average happiness in your cities, health, different type of unhappiness causes in your empire, researching some techs, etc.
Third:
I'm probably just too tired ATM, but some of your posts just seems to be way too vague to be helpful.
Please read a little bit more before posting, or just simply check things more carefully. Do you even check your stability screen before stating that "nothing happened" in your civ, at least to see in which category was your stability changed?
Also, the stability page on the civilopedia might not be perfectly up-to-date, but will certainly give you a general clue about what is happening and why

i did noticed the 2 kind of stability, but there is way too little info about these topic, specially about swing, and i want to understand it more deeply (to be under control). i see there is more factor which i cannot change...even the "F2" sreen is misguides me sometimes. or something changed since "1.2"...

i did noticed the 2 kind of stability, but there is way too little info about these topic, specially about swing, and i want to understand it more deeply (to be under control). i see there is more factor which i cannot change...even the "F2" sreen is misguides me sometimes. or something changed since "1.2"...

You can get more info about it in the Civilopedia.
Civilopedia/Concepts/Stability Guide if I remember correctly
Slightly outdated, but will update the page soon enough

One of the big permanent changes in stability happens when territory changes to foreign (Byzantines for example at Arab spawn).

Can anyone provide me a savegame of the CTD (preferably from the previous turn) with the latest SVN version?

Can anyone provide me a savegame of the CTD (preferably from the previous turn) with the latest SVN version?

Here you go, latest SVN, France, CTD caused by imminent Austrian capture of Kanisza from Hungary, prevented by using WB to force peace.

Kanisza is the Hospitaller HQ, not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Attachments

• Europe France.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 79
Here you go, latest SVN, France, CTD caused by imminent Austrian capture of Kanisza from Hungary, prevented by using WB to force peace.

Kanisza is the Hospitaller HQ, not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Thanks
Most of my modding time in the last couple days was spent on trying to fix that damned bug
Hopefully I'm closing to a solution
Btw, it's Kanizsa, not Kanisza :)

Top Bottom