• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rhye's and Fall of Europe: Starting Information

Do you also still have the problems with sourceforge? I still can't see what changes are made.

The latest update form sourceforge on this:

Non CVS SCM data
We are still working on validating SVN, Hg, Bzr, and Git data on the main sourceforge.net SCM servers. These servers weren8217;t compromised, but the SCM data was accessible to the attacker. At this time we don8217;t have any evidence of tampering with SCM data. We will publish the full results of our validation work when the work is complete.

We have also redesigned the platform for these services, and will be pushing out updated configurations and improved security controls. We expect the updates to this service and the results of this validation work to ship later this week. ViewVC (web-based SCM access) will be brought online as we ship the updated SCM servers

But you can pretty much do the same in TortoiseSVN too
Just go into the showlog section after connected to the SVN repository

The latest update form sourceforge on this:

But you can pretty much do the same in TortoiseSVN too
Just go into the showlog section after connected to the SVN repository

Thanks. I never noticed it.:blush:

The ViewVC is up and running again on sourceforge

Hey 3Miro, when do you plan to release Beta 7?
I won't be in town this weekend - going on a wine-tasting tour in Erdely (Transylvania)
Will be back on sunday 9-10 PM CET
If you plan to release it earlier, I will upload all my province and map updates before I leave - but they will probably be still incomplete

Hey 3Miro, when do you plan to release Beta 7?
I won't be in town this weekend - going on a wine-tasting tour in Erdely (Transylvania)
Will be back on sunday 9-10 PM CET
If you plan to release it earlier, I will upload all my province and map updates before I leave - but they will probably be still incomplete

I want to bring the next version on Saturday evening. It has been three weeks without a new Beta and people will probably have more time to play on Sunday rather than during the week.

Since we will have plenty of problems, I think we will give out a yet another version a week from tomorrow.

Have fun with the wine.

I have updated the first post with some new screen-shots from Beta 8 (which I finally got to play, and am very impressed with).
Yeah, its scary really. A complete about-face and adoption of a new (provinces) and suddenly its surging ahead as if there was a major lump blocking the attempt to try to force "standard" RFC into the RFC:E dress :D

Is it possible to download the mod with TortoiseSVN? And how, I cant find any info about it? So a little help would be appreciated. It would be nice to be able to get updates regularly instead of waiting for the beta updates.

3Miro, should we release Beta 9 tonight?
I also want to upload a few more commits before that
How much work do you want to do before the release?

3Miro, should we release Beta 9 tonight?
I also want to upload a few more commits before that
How much work do you want to do before the release?

You were working on the map of Anatolia, can you have that ready today.

There are still things to do with the respawn code, Turkey is still Orthodox and a few small things need to be fixed before we make Beta 9. I want to get hose done today if possible. Can you make your commits today (I will be mostly busy in the morning).

Okay, I will try to finish and upload everything I wanted to do today
This way you can release Beta 9 tonight or tomorrow morning, whenever you are ready...

Question: I still can't get the mod to load correctly, or rather, the game itself won't load. I can load the mod, but when I click on single player/play a scenario, I just get the regular screen (the other scenarios that I have); there is no going directly to the mod/scenario. I've tried loading the scenario through the shortcut included in Beta9, and through just double-clicking on the WBS file, but I just get "invalid mod, ignoring". How can I get this to work?

Update: the new shortcut to RFCE just causes CTD. Any thoughts?

This is a corrupt install of the mod (I am assuming BtS works just fine).

Find out where you have installed Civilization IV, it would be something like Program Files\2K Games\Civilization IV\....

Then find inside the folder that says Beyond the Sword\Mods. From inside there, delete anything and everything that is RFCEurope.

From the downloaded .zip file. Extract the zip file and it will come with a RFCEurope folder. Get the folder and move it inside Beyond the Sword\Mods. You must have a folder Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope with the latest stuff. Then you should be able to start the game from the file in RFCEurope\Private Maps.

Top Bottom