Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

I have tried to install the Rhye's MOD twice, to no avail. The installer chooses the correct path, the installer says it is 100% complete. But the content does not show up in Civ-Content. Nor do any of the files show up in the Conquests or the Civ folders. It looks like the installer is installing nothing.

I am using Civilization III Complete (Conquests 1.22)

Any ideas?

As an update to my last post, I figured it out... the MOD works correctly now.

I was allowing the updater to install into "Infrogrames Interactive/Civilization III," whereas my directory was "Firaxis/Civilization III Complete."

I just started playing this recently and for some reason Elimnation seems to be actived, even though I have it unchecked.

First city of any civilization thats taken, wipes out the entire Civ.
I've tried several games and made sure the box wasn't checked, but it still works as tho it is. Any suggestions?

Ok, I didn't think about that, how do you actually disable it in the eidtor though? I have never touched it before. I opened it up and looked around, no clue where to disable it at.

So I saw 300 on Tuesday (in Imax even!!) and it was so awesome it made me want to go back in time and join the Spartan army. Failing that, I loaded up Rhye's mod and have been playing a few games as the Greeks. : )

Hi,

I am playing my first real game on Rhye's (expanded version) on patched Conquests. It's an awesome mod, but there are many weird things happening. I am wondering if there is some fix for those:

- Date doesn't work. Shows "Nov." only;
- Tech tree arrows messed up;
- Some cities don't seem to produce culture even though they have temples, libraries etc. It does show something like "5 per turn" but the bar does not grow and they never expand;
- At some point I bough a tech from another civ but I remained without it. But maybe here I just messed up something and didn't actually buy it.

Any help appreciated.

Rodrigo

I just switched from Theocratic to Constitutional Monarchy and the changes have been to the much worse. I get slightly less corruption, but the unit costs are huge.

I am wondering if it ever makes sense to use Constitutional Monarchy, and in what conditions? One would think (from real life) that it is a pretty decent form of government...

It seems like I would need to have few units for it to be worth it, but that would mean Constitutional Monarchy is no good for Civs at war, which strikes me as odd.

Thanks,

Rodrigo

- Date doesn't work. Shows "Nov." only;
Sounds like a labels.txt problem. I think you should try and re-install :(

- Tech tree arrows messed up;
Are you sure you have the RoX arrows here?

- Some cities don't seem to produce culture even though they have temples, libraries etc. It does show something like "5 per turn" but the bar does not grow and they never expand;
I think the city must be full of foreign citizens and your government must be Xenophobic. This is normal :)

- At some point I bough a tech from another civ but I remained without it. But maybe here I just messed up something and didn't actually buy it.
Sounds like you didn't

Before you reinstall, though, did you DL the .zip files, or the .exe? And if it was the .zip files (which I'm guessing is the case), did you DL them all?

Thanks, Virote, this is very helpful. Just a few clarifications:

- If I reinstall, will my current game be still playable?
- What is RoX arrows?
- What is "DL"?

I installed a long time ago and don't remember what I did. I have a vague memory of using an installer program, though.

Should I delete anything manually in order to reinstall, or should I just repeat the installation process?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

-Dunno
-Rhye's of Civilization Expansion
-Download

I'de guess just try and use the installer again, hoping that it will fill in what you're missing, although I'm not 100% certain...

I just started to play this mod to try it out and I have a few questions...

I noticed in the Earth version you only start off with just a settler and that's it. Is it supposed to be like that? I ask because I checked it inside the editor and it looks like you are supposed to start with a Worker and warrior, and also when I start the Random Map version, you start off with a worker. Is there a bug here?

Another thing I want to know... Is there a reason a Settler and several other units cost so much? I mean a Settler costs as much as a grreat wonder in a normal game! That makes it hard to do anything if you can't build any settlers. Is there a method to this madness? Would it mess anything up in the mod if I put the cost of a Settler back down a bit closer to what it was in the actual game. (Actual game is 30 but I was thinking of going 60-90 shields).

I could use a little clarification on these things.

I noticed in the Earth version you only start off with just a settler and that's it. Is it supposed to be like that? I ask because I checked it inside the editor and it looks like you are supposed to start with a Worker and warrior, and also when I start the Random Map version, you start off with a worker. Is there a bug here?
Yeh, it's supposed to be like that, as the worker gives the human player too much early exploitation (humans can use workers well- the AI can't!) The AI still gets one, though, because if the human doesn't have one, and the AI does, they should be about even :lol: Read the various readme files, etc., to understand more.

Another thing I want to know... Is there a reason a Settler and several other units cost so much? I mean a Settler costs as much as a grreat wonder in a normal game! That makes it hard to do anything if you can't build any settlers. Is there a method to this madness? Would it mess anything up in the mod if I put the cost of a Settler back down a bit closer to what it was in the actual game. (Actual game is 30 but I was thinking of going 60-90 shields).
This scenario is about slow growth, so as not to completely fill up the planet in the Ancient Age/early medieval.

Yeh, it's supposed to be like that, as the worker gives the human player too much early exploitation (humans can use workers well- the AI can't!) The AI still gets one, though, because if the human doesn't have one, and the AI does, they should be about even :lol: Read the various readme files, etc., to understand more.

Well, crap. :p That may be the case for you seasoned vets but for rookies like me that seems like 'against all odds' handicap designed so I have no chance. And I'm playing on ony regent. I usually set my workers to automate anyhow so maybe that's part of the problem. I just can't stand babysitting all the time.

Fell free to revert back to any original setting you want. Some mods I place beside the orig editer to revert the whole thing back to exact default measures.

For me, Its the added buildings that fix previous ailments, or the extra units balanced with more techs and turns that make for a more refined game, thats all I want. The rest I can do as I see fit. (like you say everyone is differant. I raise artillary costs and don't rely on heavy army numbers that hide their advance. I also don't cheat the AI in trade. Who needs to give out more concessions then that? ;) )

Any slight changes like cost, tech rate, or nurfing is done by me on the second time round. The example here is settler cost, with other mods it maybe techs going by to fast for ether me or the AI, or a particular unit I find is kicking to much ass for its designated class.

Worked good in Rise n Rule and probably would be just as smooth in this game. Both are 3rd expansion type mods. Balancer Reloaded is the only other one and it hasn't changed any original values just added stuff NOTE: its defualts map sizes are way out of sync and need to be refitted! Balancer's tiny map is equal in size to the default games huge map! This can be changed in "world sizes" along with the rate of turns it takes the AI to discovery new techs. A good rule of thumb to balance these two most important variables can be found in the Conquests "editer help" file under "Techrate"
You should flip through this document to better understand all the aspects of a mod. :goodjob

Sorry for going on again! Enjoy man :goodjob:

No need to appologize T.A., I always enjoy every thing you have to say. It's really helpful.:goodjob:

You sound like you have the same preferences as I do. Balancer reloaded was a good reccomendation. Although I have noticed that the leaderheads are all screwy for each Civ. (All the leaderheads show up for different civs than they're supposed to.) Same deal in RnR. I really like the the leaders that were set up in this mod. In that area it's really well done. But I think I might have to make some of my own modifications to make it more fair and balanced, and not so expensive for regular units that later become obsolete.

This is a whole new world for me. It's going to take some learning. ;)

I ran the installer, and it installed, yet it doesnt show up anywhere. Wtf?

HOLY SH!T! This mod takes up 3.71 Gigs?! WTF!

Geminisama - I am sure most would appreciate if you could change the tone of your posts. Two like this in a series of 12 sounds a bit nasty. The mod being 160MB zipped, I sincerely doubt it may reach 3.7 GB installed. You must be checking the wrong folder.

Top Bottom