Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

@jonesinski; There are many "Epic" mods that have an all inclusive intent. The one I am playing now (CCM or Civilization Conquests Mod) is one. Others are DyP (Double your Pleasure), RaR (Rise and Rule) KCKutltimate. Other favorites that feature limited historical span such as MEM II (Medieval Mod) and AoI (Age of Imperialism) also have all inclusive intent. Have fun.

@jonesinski; There are many "Epic" mods that have an all inclusive intent. The one I am playing now (CCM or Civilization Conquests Mod) is one. Others are DyP (Double your Pleasure), RaR (Rise and Rule) KCKutltimate. Other favorites that feature limited historical span such as MEM II (Medieval Mod) and AoI (Age of Imperialism) also have all inclusive intent. Have fun.

Hey thanks moosezilla. So, another noob question, is there a way for me to combine mods, like play rhye's with the better graphics? Seems like I can only pick one or the other in civ-content.

Thanks

Only because you ask, (and be mindful of my motto: "I don't know nuttin'.") no and yes. No because it isn't something I personally can do (yet*). Yes because anyone can use editing (w/official and other editors), to make a mod w/everything they want. But... there are limits because we do not have access to the "source code":deadhorse:. Yet? That just means I haven't even tried to make anything that could compare w/the fine mods/scenarios mentioned in my previous post. So, if you want, this forum (not this thread) is here to inform and help and many other things entertaining. Please feel free to mod to what is considered by most everyone (here at least) to be the best the civ series has to offer.

Hi everyone, I just installed Civ3 in a laptop that has windows 7 home premium. It was tricky to make it work, but it seems finally I managed to have Civ3Conquests running.

I installed Rhye's mod, I chose the folder where i installed everything Civ3 Vanilla, Civ3PTW and C3C but when I run C3C and go to scenarios I cannot see Rhye's :(

I can see the Rhye's folders and files in Conquests scenarios subfolder. I see three folders called:

Rhye's of Civilization
Rhye's of Civilization X
Rhye's of Civilization XF

and two files:

Rhye's of Civilization Expanded v1.23 RANDOM MAP.biq
Rhye's of Civilization Expanded v1.23.biq

But I cannot see it in the scenarios screen in Conquests. Has anyone had this problem before? Please help!

Weird. I have Windows 7 Home Premium too. Installed it a week ago everything where you say it is, no problems.

Hi everyone, I just installed Civ3 in a laptop that has windows 7 home premium. It was tricky to make it work, but it seems finally I managed to have Civ3Conquests running.

I installed Rhye's mod, I chose the folder where i installed everything Civ3 Vanilla, Civ3PTW and C3C but when I run C3C and go to scenarios I cannot see Rhye's :(

I can see the Rhye's folders and files in Conquests scenarios subfolder. I see three folders called:

Rhye's of Civilization
Rhye's of Civilization X
Rhye's of Civilization XF

and two files:

Rhye's of Civilization Expanded v1.23 RANDOM MAP.biq
Rhye's of Civilization Expanded v1.23.biq

But I cannot see it in the scenarios screen in Conquests. Has anyone had this problem before? Please help!

I don't remember anymore.
Can anybody help him?

When I Dl'ed (for my new rig w/win7 home premium) and installed, I got "folder within a folder" (twice). I think I may also need to remove another layer. You have not put the .biq files into the Civ/conquests/scenarios folder but instead it is in Civ/conquests/scenarios/conquests/scenarios. The reason I think I need to remove another layer is when I try to load I get fnf Statue of Liberty. Will edit post to see if it works or not. EDIT:Yes, remove main folder to desktop and open. You find three main files within, move them to Conquests/Scenarios.

thanks for the help guys :)

Moosezilla, I checked the Civ3 main folder and then Conquest folder and you are right, there are two scenarios folder, one called scenarios and another called conquests. Rhye's files where only in /conquests/scenarios but not on /conquests/conquests. I copied the files to /conquests/conquests and now i can see then in the scenarios screen, but when i try to run it I get the error you mentioned:

Load Error, Error reading file, missing entry in "conquests\rhye's of civilization\text\pedialcons.txt": icon_bldg_statue_of_liberty

I didn't get what you say about removing some files to the desktop, could you explain please? thanks a lot!

Ok, here goes: 1)download Ryhe's. 2)open the file. 3)browse to Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios. 4)click ok. 5)up till now easy,but within the file Rhye,s you find Conquests/scenarios that contains what needs to go three up in your folder tree. By the way instead of loading direct, you could load to desktop and pick out the 3 folders and two .biq to place into (#3) above correct place. There are, I think, four additional files that are not needed to play. I did not start play as I know there is an issue w/Ancient Settler soon after start, so I am playing CCM now. If you need help with that search this tread for Settler and have at it. Still have questions,I'm still here, more or less. I am trying to add a .bmp of my file screen shot.

Attachments

• pic_6.png
    pic_6.png
    440 KB · Views: 170
Well, after playing this mod for as long as i have, i figured it was time for me to finally make a post thanking Rhye for creating it. I cannot even imagine the number of hours i've spent playing and tinkering with this mod over the years. I have tried playing other Civ games, but every time i get about 1/4 of the way into the game, and i miss good ol' RoCX. I've made a number of "custom" versions of the map which has always kept me coming back to try something a bit different.

In all honesty, the only flaw in the map that i ever gripe about is the tendency for the European civs to end up settling in deep Siberia (and thus wasting precious settlers). I fixed this once by creating a line of swamps that stretched from the Black Sea into Russia, and leaving a couple tiles open with barbarian units that i created that were immobile, and required late-middle ages tech to defeat. It created a few other issues though... Sometimes there's just no way to deal with a bad AI, hehe. Anyways, this mod is about as close to a "perfect strategy game" as i've ever seen. (and i've played a LOT of games over the years)

So thanks Rhye; if Civ 3 was a gem, you cut it into a crown jewel.

Oh, and since there seem to be a lot of issues with installing this mod on newer systems, i thought i would give a bit of advice...

When it comes to installing any game in the newer Windows OS (Vista and 7), do NOT install them to the Program Files folder. Create a folder on your hard drive called Games. (c:\Games) Then install your games there. (so for Civ, it would be something like c:\Games\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization 3\....) The Program Files folder has special restrictions that keep a lot of older installers from working correctly. It will not affect your system in any way to not install them into Program Files, and it will solve almost ALL of the oddball issues that crop up when installing mods and patches. It also makes it easier to find things when trying to backup save games and anything else.

I hope that helps at least some of you get this mod going, 'cause it is worth it! :)

Ok I've just installed on Win 7 and put the folders in the correct location and upon loading the scenario I am receiving this error message "Missing Entry in text/pedialcons.txt: ICON_BLDG_Statue of Liberty". I just installed the game after not playing for years so I have done nothing to it but instal this mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've read through over a dozen pages of this thread and can't find anything on it. I am also all patched up.

Hey Rhye i just wanted to say i sincerely do like the effort you put into Rhye's of civilization, graphics, reworked tech tree, the works, it's cool. Just one reason i'm not playing it after i installed it last night. I'm a sucker for the zoomed city view. I just love being able to actually see the buildings...i know weird right. It's a shame, but i'll keep it around in case i change my mind. I guess what i mean about it is what good are new wonders if you can't see em? I'm not griping, it's just personal preference. I will be playing with your strictly graphics mod though, and thank you for expanding ur version of terrain graphics to be usable on all versions of civilization. Water looks simply breathtaking.

i just actually noticed the other day though that your terrain mods don't allow you to see the aerial view in conquests either, but you can still see the aerial view using it in PTW....any idea why? not sure about vanilla

IIRC, if you do any editing to the game files it will automatically disable the city view ability in Conquests. Not to mention, w/ all the new buildings and resources in Rhye's map, there would be a lot of missing stuff.

I might be wrong, I tried to look for the article where i read this, but the years have made it difficult to find info on it.

I do remember that a lot of people were irritated that when Atari released Conquests, it did not include graphics for the new wonders in the city view screen.

Top Bottom