Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

I'm starting a new game in RoX. In player set-up, which boxes should be checked under the rules section????

I am going to play at Emperor level.

RE: Question about scenario's based on the mod:

I am sorta doing one... although it kinda went nova and turned into a full remake... I just had all these ideas I wanted to toss into it ;p

El Justo is doing mods out the wazoo using Rhye's map, but not really his mod.

Its just too difficult to use the mod itself, because there are SO MANY invisible resources and other little changes like that. Since you dont know where everything is...

The only two strict usages of the mod are Soma's CoE (newly named ;p)... and I am ashamed to say I forgot who was doing the other one... sorry!

Just a thought I had now about dealing with the invisibles: just give them names and pictures and it would be so much easier to mess with them... DOH!

Anyway, if anyone is bored enough to want to write civilopedia entries or critique resource placement or stuff, they can always hop over and visit ;p

Well, I started my game, on random as I said, and on my fifth try (which I promised myself would be the last) I got Israel. So I said, what the heck, and started playing. It's been rough but I believe my Maccabees will soon be taking Babylon or the Egyptian capital (whose name I've forgotten) or Persepolis... Or maybe Mecca...
I gotta go, but I'll write down a thought I had before I forget it: we could make Despotism even worse by raising upkeep to 2/unit... We can balance it out with some free unit upkeep (global, not per city) and stuff, but generally the idea is that Despotism should only be used when you haven't got any other gov't to use.

I like that idea! However, it is already really hard to protect yourself in the early game as a small country, so that might not be the best ways to hurt the despot. Making it xenophobic and decreasing the work rate... thats just cruel ;p

No roads, and no culture in your conquests... lets see you expand NOW mwahahaha

PS: I think if we remove the +1 commerce bonus of road the ai will build less of them, removing some of the clutter. You could just give all the other relevant improvements a +1 commerce bonus to compensate.

Roads provide enough benefits that they will still be built, but now there will be no good reason to spend a ton of time all over building them.

Isn't the +1 trade bonus hard-coded into the game?

And I've started messing around with the mod, myself. I love it, and I love WWII (history :p ), so I thinks to myself, "Hey, WWII should be in RoCX!" Here's my city placement so far, and in the Edit Rules: Civilizations tab, I edited the names, nouns, adjectives, titles, and leaders as much as I could (so Churchill still looks like Elizabeth! :eek: ), labeled the Civs I'd delete and renamed some others. They would probably be replaced by one (or a few) South American state(s), since South America had NO part in the War. Also, Rhye's map seems perfect for having a large, complex World War scenario with relatively few units/cities; I myself don't like the MASSIVE ones done so far, they're too complicated.

Also, I changed the terrain a little for proper city placement. I moved the river delta near Arkhangel'sk and the river around Omsk. Addis Ababa is where it would be on Rhye's map, but the settler named Addis Ababa is where it should be (check a globe anyway; I could be wrong). And to be accurate to the geography of Hawaii, I changed Honolulu's terrain to hills (again, see a historical map of Pearl Harbor; it shows lots of hills to the north of the bay). And yes, Eastern Europe is a mess. If any of our European friends could help with that, that would be fantastic, as I am only a porr Midwest American boy with no sense of historical geography. :cry:

The city placements don't necessarily take advantage of the visible/invisible resources on the map (none wee changed yet), but these can be tweaked to give different Civs different strengths, though I wouldn't want Germany to be forced to take a resource dive, nor Britain or America a sudden increase. The war should be "fair" in hidden bonus resources, meaning no timed "declines" like Rome's, Egypt's, or Babylon's in RoCX.

If anyone would like to use it for a mod, PLEASE, be my guest, and don't bother giving me credit for anything; I was just messing around! :p Although, I am pretty knowledgeable about WWII and its armies (all sides), if anyone needs any suggestions... ;)

I hope someone finds the time (and the use!) for this, and once again, thanks a lot, Rhye! :goodjob:

SilverKnight

EDIT: Is there any way we newcomers to the thread could find the strategy guides written for certain Civs for RoCX? Thanks! :worship:

Updated RoCX WWII map can be found here.

Rhye: I know I have asked you before, but what boxes do you recommend I check under rules??? Thanks!!

@Silverknight: OF COURSE NOT! You can change anything like that in the terrain box. It lets you set how much each terrain bonus (like roads) gives.

@Edit: Just go to Rhye's website. Its in his signature.​

@Jeff: Check what you normally would. Its just like the usual epic game, just with more toys and logic ;p

Hello.

When I play Rhye's Xpansion Random Map, why does the message tell me to make the temperature cold, 60% water and 3 billion years? What difference does it make?

@Aeon221: I hadn't been in that part of the editor for a long while, it must have slipped past me! :blush:

@Rhye: Actually, I'm updated to v2.69 of RoC and v1.23 of RoCX (though I haven't had time to start a game yet :( ), but I guess I'd started the city placement during v2.66, since I only update every .02 or .03 versions. And yes, I would rather start from RoCX; it's my favorite variation!

SilverKnight

Its a random map... it makes a ton of difference?

I really do not know anything about the random map stuff, but I have a feelin it will all work out if you just do what you normally do to a random map ;p

@Silverknight: thats right, let your cheeks be BURNED by your idiocy! YOU FOOL!

:vomit: :dance:

there, now I have puked on you as you dance in your blissful ignorance! See, watch me give a cigarette to a baby

Hahahahaa sorry ;p

couldnt resist the urge :mischief:

my understanding of the random map recommendations is that those are the ecology settings that will give you a random map with a distribution of tile types proportional to those on rhye's full earth map.

since there are a number of restrictions on movement and production in this mod relative to vanilla C3C, this can be important for retaining many of the benefits of speed the mod has.

however, i will also note that, in my experience, the civs are not truly balanced for random map play. a lot of the balance that occurs in ROCX is due to the extensive LM tile placement around civ start locations.

but still, enjoy! it's the best mod around!
EW

I just hit Random on most options (the ones not mentioned in the readme) and go! Try it and figure out which ones you don't like. Also, for standard C3C rules, enable all forms of victory besides Wonder (impossible in RoCX anyway) and Re-spawn AI. Personally, I don't check re-spawn AI, check accelerated production (I must have Civ-ADHD :bounce: ), uncheck Preserve Seed, and leave Cultural Conversions checked.

SilverKnight

Nooble said:
Hello.

When I play Rhye's Xpansion Random Map, why does the message tell me to make the temperature cold, 60% water and 3 billion years? What difference does it make?

It's important if you want to create a world similar to the RoC Earth. In particular, 3 billion years is very important: only with that setting you'll have mountain barriers

SilverKnight said:
@Rhye: Actually, I'm updated to v2.69 of RoC and v1.23 of RoCX (though I haven't had time to start a game yet :( ), but I guess I'd started the city placement during v2.66, since I only update every .02 or .03 versions. And yes, I would rather start from RoCX; it's my favorite variation!

it seems you have to restart the city placement with the RoCX biq...

V. Soma said:
Ah, Rhye, so you have time now!
Care to see and try Clashing of Empire, the now born "baby"? :)

I would really appreciate your opinion on it...

sorry soma, I'm not a good player, so all my suggestions come from looking in the editor. I just saw that you've improved the coasts, btw. That's good.

Oh, well, who is good player or not... maybe a multiplayer can decide that! :)

All I need really is testing... almost any kind of experience and feedback is useful

I think removing commerce from roads would make them unbuildable... An improvement is only usable when it has a bonus to commerce/shields/food. =\

Ciao Rhye!
Hai dato un nuovo aggiornamento al tuo mod??
Volevo chiederti una cosa: se voglio fare una nuova partita singola con conquests ma voglio che le civilità (per numero partecipanti) siano superiori al limite massimo, quale file devo modificare per fare in modo che siano di più??
Altra cosa, il tuo mod può essere usato nella modalità multiplayer via lan??

ciao, siamo fermi alla 1.23 e non mi muoverò più da lì. Ho fatto una versione multiplayer, la puoi scaricare dal sito.

Per cambiare il num max di civ, devi aprire il file BIQ che ti interessa, e cambiare rules->world size oppure player properties. E' più difficile spiegarlo a parole che a farlo.

MY ENTIRE CIVILISATION FELL APART IN ONE TURN - THIS MUST BE A BUG!

playing my first game on your (up until now wonderful) mod. English, Absolute Monarchy, around the year 1400 however I can't be sure of the exact date as the year counter simply reads "NOV" every turn - however this isn't really my concern. I have taken about 60% of Europe including all of France, Netherlands, Germany, Byzantines and Austria. I have 18 cities under my control, apart from Byzantines all fully asimilated. Most cities surounding London are size 10.

things were fine up until I decided to build my forbidden palace in Vienna, 3 tiles S.E of France. On the turn it was built corruption went through the roof and turned most of my cities into one gpt wastes of space. Even cities next door to the capital in London were not spared the same depressing fate (London was unaffected).

I have never seen anything like this while playing civ3. Can you, or anyone else shed some light on this?

Thank you

OSW

Top Bottom