Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said I was very good? lol, just trying to have fun. My only prob with Civ is that the things that make it harder make it less fun. The AI should be smarter, not stacked with advantages. imo...

Anyway, thanks for your Mod/maps Rhye. I've spent many days playing on them.

-Sky

Skywacker, the advantages given to them in RoC are pretty balanced and I think mainly serve in helping them survive. You should try playing unmodified RoC 2.62 at Emperor. Use Austria or Rome or some other powerful civ if you aren't very good - in RoC civ choice is what really dictates difficulty.

Rhye, I didn't end up starting the game yet, but I will tomorrow and this weekend will see a great growth in Japanese power. :D

My weekend will see a great growth in the number of pages of writing in the world ;p so I doubt there will be time for much else haha

Yeah Rhye I looked at yours and it was bloody amazing! HAha thats why I said mine was utterly worthless ;p

I looked on globalsecurity.org and here is what I found out about US subs:

LA class can hold 12
Seawolf class has launch equipment, unspecified as to whether it actually carries or how many it can carry (primarily a quiet attack sub)
Virginia class can carry and launch, but carry capacity is unlisted (cheaper form of Seawolf)
Ohio class can carry 24 Tridents, which is probably synonymous with 24 cruise missiles.

However, heres something about the DD-963 SPRUANCE-class (DD stands for destroyer): Originally developed as Anti-Submarine (ASW) destroyers, in the 1980s and 90s twenty-four ships of this class were upgraded with the installation of a 61 cell Vertical Launch Missile System (VLS) capable of launching Tomahawk and Harpoon missiles.

Just finished my first session as Japan (played up to 1000AD).
Only have one complaint so far: the Samurai's pedia entry says "The War Elephant recieves two additional Hit Points on its Health Bar." This may be true but it has little to do with the Samurai. ;)

Hi Rhye,

I've checked 2.62 and it's great! However, I have found some anomalies in RoC: first at all, marsh and jungle clearing are coming together: both of them are available (this isn't bothering me, but maybe you don't know this). Having such a large basic turn setting, it will let to clear marsh and jungle possible only on a few tiles, so basically the original idea of having large jungles will not be affected.

Another thing is that when you play the basic game, depending on world map size and number of civilizations, sooner or later any piece of land will belong to one of rival civilizations, and then (at the latest) wars will begin for the already occupied land. In RoC this is not going to happen, because there is always some land (till navigation in Eurasia, Africa and Oceania), later in Americas and Australia, so basically that moment of every settleable land is belonging to someone is never arive. And because of this, there are too few wars. In my games Australia, for ex had a plenty of free, settleable land even in modern times.
Maybe you should try to fine-tune a bit settler costs, or make food/shields production boost even more for european civilizations in the beginning of industrial era, or anything else that can help them to ocuppy all free land till the end of industrial era, at the latest.

Solution : disable all conditions victory and set agressivity to 5

enen said:
Hi Rhye,

I've checked 2.62 and it's great! However, I have found some anomalies in RoC: first at all, marsh and jungle clearing are coming together: both of them are available (this isn't bothering me, but maybe you don't know this). Having such a large basic turn setting, it will let to clear marsh and jungle possible only on a few tiles, so basically the original idea of having large jungles will not be affected.

Another thing is that when you play the basic game, depending on world map size and number of civilizations, sooner or later any piece of land will belong to one of rival civilizations, and then (at the latest) wars will begin for the already occupied land. In RoC this is not going to happen, because there is always some land (till navigation in Eurasia, Africa and Oceania), later in Americas and Australia, so basically that moment of every settleable land is belonging to someone is never arive. And because of this, there are too few wars. In my games Australia, for ex had a plenty of free, settleable land even in modern times.
Maybe you should try to fine-tune a bit settler costs, or make food/shields production boost even more for european civilizations in the beginning of industrial era, or anything else that can help them to ocuppy all free land till the end of industrial era, at the latest.
The first is on porpose - just like in real life, it's very rare for large areas of jungle or marsh to be cleared, and it takes ages to do so.
The second is simply not true, unless you're playing on the wrong difficulty level. In my games on RoC there are plenty of wars, and land runs out pretty quickly, until the right techs are discovered for colonization of Africa, Australia, and the Americas, and then when that space runs out there are again wars for territory. (Even during the colonization phase.)
Also very often there are wars that are not territory-based, like the Mongols trying to invade Europe or China, and other stuff.

So if civs run out of room that causes them to go to war?
And if the only victory condition is domination, they will fight more also?

I found in my game that mutual protection pacts and the availability of alliances dramaticly increases wars. At one point I was at war with every single nation except the Mongols who was also on the wrong of things.

-Skywacker

Argh. Should I fix it in the biq and restart? The Chinese just finished the Teracotta Army, and I recently had a war with them. Not sure I want to fight them if they have U2s.
But I really don't wanna play as Japan again if I restart. I would rather someone else who hasn't played as Japan in RoX do that, while i play as someone else (China, Russia, Mongols, Austrians, or America. Or someone else that requires testing.)

Blasphemous said:
Argh. Should I fix it in the biq and restart? The Chinese just finished the Teracotta Army, and I recently had a war with them. Not sure I want to fight them if they have U2s.
But I really don't wanna play as Japan again if I restart. I would rather someone else who hasn't played as Japan in RoX do that, while i play as someone else (China, Russia, Mongols, Austrians, or America. Or someone else that requires testing.)

Do what you want. Japan itself doesn't need testing.
The Kamikaze needs testing ASAP. You could edit your biq and assign it to the civ you want to pick

I WANT A PATCH PLEASE ! Ready for 0.51 or 0.52

Well, it would be unbalancing and unhistorical to give another civ the Kamikaze. Can someone else please volunteer to play a test game as Japan all the way till the early modern age, to see how the Kamikaze works out?

I can test tomorrow, but today is study/writing day. earliest I will have data is Sunday.

HOWEVER, since the general UU trend in the mod is AWAY from missile units, I would like to suggest that someone think of a non-missile unit... since I cant ;p

Maybe a ship of some kind, considering how powerful the Japanese Navy was, or an Infantry unit of some type with higher defense and the ability to build fortifications. Japanese troops WERE famous for their quality, and also for their dogged defense of every scrap of territory they controlled.

I am against the mobile tower of the Persians; it doesnt seem like a very useful unit, and when you consider how long Persia been inhabited it seems like we could do better. How about some kind of Iranian unit? Or (like we need another one) a horse archer UU?

Blasphemous said:
Well, it would be unbalancing and unhistorical to give another civ the Kamikaze. Can someone else please volunteer to play a test game as Japan all the way till the early modern age, to see how the Kamikaze works out?

unhistorical? I'm talking of a test game, not of the definitive version of the mod!!

Gunner said:
How big is the X pack now? I have dial up and dont want to have to download large files needlessly.

I would like to test it if you need someone to do Japan urgently. Or if you dont I would still like to.

Now it is about 35 MB. It may grow up to 80 MB.

Don't worry for the dial-up, I'll break the pack in many parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom