Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added one more difficulty with new barbarian units.

The game I'm testing right now is going very well. Even Japanese unwanted crippling seems to have gone. Demigod level is working fine.

I hope that tomorrow the patch will be ready for the release.

Attachments

• grenzer.jpg
    grenzer.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 410
Changes in v2.3:

- Barbarian units aren't standard warriors and swordsmen anymore: they are wheeled (to be able to move when randomly generated upon mountains), exert zone of control, and warriors will have +1 HP (this will stop early expansion and is one more difficulty)

I've been very busy these days.
Friday I had an exam.
Saturday I travelled to Piacenza to see my home football team getting promoted to Serie A.
Tonight I found the forum not working.

And now....here's the patch 2.3; I hope the last.
As you can see, it features a long list of fixes, not only the privateer thing.

Originally Posted by Aeon221
NOOOOOO!!!!!
What do you mean?
If he was like me, he was ready to start a new game THEN, not start a game on a version that would be obsolete within hours! :lol:

Time to unveil new projects:

When I'm 100% sure that this is the last patch, I'd like:

1) To write an updated readme.doc, because much has changed since 2.0
2) Post an already patched version, because last patch has grown too much (5MB)
3) Someone to write a strategy guide for RoC. I really really liked Kellos comments, and I'd like him or not only him to write a little paragraph for a civ. Of course, old kellos review is obsolete right now, so the work must be restarted. When I've got 31 guides, I would stick them all together in a .doc, write an intro and make it available for download in the first page.
4) Release an optional Expansion Pack containing some new units (more Guerrillas, Atomic Bomb, Elephants), a new civ (Khmer instead of Sumeria), a new French leaderhead (in development) and maybe something else
5) Release the (optional) Expansion Pack #2, with one more UU per civ!

Please note that 4 and 5 are very distant projects and I don't make any promises right now. I cannot guarantee any time limit for those releases, and I cannot guarantee if they will ever be released. So, I don't want any suggestion about what to add in a EP.
Feedback on patch v2.3 would be useful instead, because I want to be sure that everything's alright now.

It seems that I always forget something.
My mistake this time was leaving american horses as bonus resources. I've corrected at once (and fixed the problem that wouldn't allow American civs to build cavarly units.

Please Jaybe and Troy re-download the part 1 of the patch as I've uploaded the fixed version

Please Jaybe and Troy re-download the part 1 of the patch as I've uploaded the fixed version
Thank you for the personal note re re-downloading! :)

Can't use this mod... or any other mod, it always gives me some mistake, very close, but not exactly the same as the one that actually gives me here:

File not found

"Art\Units\Ancient Settler\..\..\..\..\..\..\Art\Units\settler\settDefault.flc"

To date, while making my own mods to v2.3, the only "error" I have found is that:
Paratrooper is not flagged as being Wheeled

Other than that, in the Read Me you state that the barbarian units ARE wheeled, though obviously meant to say that they are NOT wheeled.

OK, I'm uploading a fixed version now. I've made Mod. Paratroopers no longer wheeled, and updated and corrected the readme and the civilopedia.

As it seems that only you (Jaybe) and Troy have downloaded the patch until now, I'll still replace 2.3 with the fixed version (d)

FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS DOWNLOADED THE LAST PATCH, PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD PART 1

(Jaybe, as you're modding my biq, you only need to unckeck "wheeled" to mod.par. and get the updated readme and civilopedia from the updated zip)

Hi
I am just now download the patch.
What do you think about an homepage?
I can creat one for this mods. Do you want it?

A homepage would be a good thing :)
But I don't know HTML (for now), so if you have free time and you want to do it...I'll support and help you.
Anyway for now I feel this thread is still OK for home of this mod...maybe a homepage would be more useful in some weeks or months, when there will be the strategy guide, the expansion pack(s), etc.
With some more material the site would be more interesting. You could also make a section with alternate versions (Troy's, Jaybe's, Aeon's, etc.)

So, my suggestion is to wait, and instead do some things before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom