Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the to do list

Sure:
1) To write an updated readme.doc, because much has changed since 2.0
2) Post an already patched version, because last patch has grown too much (5MB)
3) Someone to write a strategy guide for RoC. I really really liked Kellos comments, and I'd like him or not only him to write a little paragraph for a civ. Of course, old kellos review is obsolete right now, so the work must be restarted. When I've got 31 guides, I would stick them all together in a .doc, write an intro and make it available for download in the first page.

Possibly:
4) Release an optional Expansion Pack containing some new units (more Guerrillas, Atomic Bomb, Elephants), a new civ (Khmer instead of Sumeria), a new French leaderhead (in development) and maybe something else
5) Release the (optional) Expansion Pack #2, with one more UU per civ
6) A site to put together all these things plus alternate versions

In the meantime, I'm looking for volounteers for the strategy guide. Just few lines for each civ you've played with v2.3
I could put them all together in a .doc, or put them all in the site if habee makes it.

It depends...
if you want the site to be only for RoC, I think that the best solution is www.rhyesciv.uw.hu (with the 's', I guess it's correct but not 100% sure)
If you want use site for other puropses, too (as you're registering it, you may want to use it in some other way and leave only a page for RoC) then www.habee.uw.hu\rhyesciv could be a good choice. However, in case you want to post something else, but still related to Civ, the best choice remains www.rhyesciv.uw.hu and then add a section inside with your files

In the meantime, I'm writing the new readme.
I want to include it in the whole package (already patched to 2.3 complete zip), and it would solve the problem "what to write in the site".
You can make a page for each paragraph of the readme: it would become an hypertext instead of a document.

I don't know if this is news or not, but in my first two minutes of playing this map, I found a bug.

Started out and popped a warrior out of Yenihseir. (Or however you spell that...) Borders expanded, saw an odd encampment thing out there. Thought it would be a barbarian camp, so I set out to eliminate it before it became a threat. My warrior got there, and I was given the message, "You have disturbed an angry Mauryan warrior."

Damnit, I think to myself, as three full-health warriors pop up around me. (Although personally, the likelyhood of something like that should be reduced if the barbarians are going to have a fair amount of health, I can understand it if you don't want to.) Two of the three attack - the third one fortifies, and somehow my warrior makes it out of there with two health and a promotion. Next turn, my warrior starts retreating back towards the main city so as to escape and heal the other warrior. Didn't seem likely, but there was always a chance.

Here's where I encounter a problem. The third warrior moves directly onto a mountain when I tried to run away. Confused, I try to find a reason why he could move there, hoping maybe it wasn't a glitch. I looked around the map, and found that the square he started in was a plateau - so I guessed that perhaps you have to be on a plateau before you can get on a mountain. I took a new warrior that had just been built, and moved it around to the back of the mountain where the plateau was, hoping to either lure the barbarian down from his perch or to corner and kill him when I reach the plateau. He doesn't budge. I reach the plateau, and guess what, I can't go on there either.

The bug: When a barbarian camp is popped and you disturb an angry warrior, if one of the three randomly selected squares are normally inaccessible to warriors, that barbarian will be stuck there, but will still be able to command a zone of control and can't be removed until you get a form of lethal bombardment, or get lucky with workers.

I don't know if this is fixable or not. But if it is, please try. This dulled my first experience with this mod just a bit, to say the least.

Yes, using 2.3. And the problem is that they can cross mountains. Your units can't touch them when they're in the mountains, making them nuisances that can descend upon your cities with reckless abandon. Really annoying, and can cost you the game.

also, while they are just sitting in the mountains, untouchable, your workers wont go outside if you automate them, and there is nothing you can do about it...

I've finished writing the new readme.doc
It will go to the new site, too, so I need someone (native english) to check if grammar is correct.
Please if you are a volounteer, post your email (where I'll send the doc) here or tell me with a private message, thank you.

Re barbs popping up or moving into mountains etc., I thought that was the intention and think it's a great idea. Such nuisance values should be appreciated! :D

I never automate my workers. My Guerilla units are not wheeled so they route them out. (Understand, I haven't played/experienced this yet, so my own appreciation values may change).

Rhye, I'm playing the latest version of your mod.

I was curious as to what was going on around the world later in a game of mine and was about to start a brand new game anyway so I used PowerBar to reveal the whole map.

I discovered that the AI is still sending a sort of "crusades" to battle lots of barbarians stacked in the camps...particularly in central asia... is this supposed to happen? I thought that if this barbarian behavior was removed then gameplay would be so much faster...

tammi said:
I discovered that the AI is still sending a sort of "crusades" to battle lots of barbarians stacked in the camps...particularly in central asia... is this supposed to happen? I thought that if this barbarian behavior was removed then gameplay would be so much faster...

I know, and there's no way to stop this, unless someone finds a way to stop respawn of barbarian camps

Sent the readme to roluce. The mail is 600kb

Jaybe said:
Re barbs popping up or moving into mountains etc., I thought that was the intention and think it's a great idea. Such nuisance values should be appreciated! :D

It was my mistake, because I thought that wheeled units were stuck, instead they can move FROM a mountain/plateau TO a plain/grassland/hill/...
So, if barbarians are wheeled, the first thing they'll do is to descend. Instead if not wheeled they'll move around and remain on the mountains for a longer time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom