Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhye said:
I have got Poser. Perhaps an old version, but it's very difficult to use. It's very easy to create monsters :)
If you have broadband, I can send it if needed.
I tried Napoleon with PES3 but the result wasn't good. Louis XIV was much more close to the original.

About Canada, you already know: if you make an alternative version, it will have its own place in the site.
I'm downloading a big version of Poser 5.0 and 5.5... 2cd ISO whit Add-on and Extra 739mb. Yes i have broadband, my ISP is Videotron (4.5 megabits per second - download) I think the best available for family. If you want to send me the program, i would be more then happy... if you own a FTP server i would even more happy to go get it cause i don't use MSN, Yahoo messenger or IRC.

I don't think i will have problem with the program, i have been able to understand 100% Photoshop CS and 3d max studio. I don't think it's gonna be a big deal to learn sometihng else ;)

BTW, The download is almost done for Poser 5.0 and the other one Victoria is done. I'm going to try it roght now.

I have finish to download Poser, It's not a very good program to make a leaderhead for Civilization but a good to make a leaderhead in 3d. The fact is that Poser doesn't make the FLC file. So i have to find a program that can convert 30 JPG file (30 frame) in FLC format. If you have any idea what program can do that, let me know. I have post a face i did in 10 minute, the quality is not bad but now i need to find how to do a FLC file with Poser 5. After, i will work on the two face for napoleon and Louis XIV.

If you know something that can help me, i will be very happy.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 630
Posted update 2.47:

- Tuned French, Spanish and Portuguese strength
- Removed a barbarian camp near Iroquois starting location
- Removed sea next to Ireland (replaced with ocean)
- Fixed Hussars and Cavalry upgrade path to Tank. Now they become obsolete but not upgradeable

Take all the time you need, and try both Louis and Napoleon. If you need, I have some pictures of both and I can suggest the era-specific background and clothings.
Then, if the results are good, we'll together choose the best of the 2, and include it in v2.50 :)

i keep getting an error message when i try and start the game

"Art\Units\Ancient Settler\\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Art\Units\settler\settDefault.flc"

Rhye said:
Take all the time you need, and try both Louis and Napoleon. If you need, I have some pictures of both and I can suggest the era-specific background and clothings.
Then, if the results are good, we'll together choose the best of the 2, and include it in v2.50 :)
If you can send me your picture of Napoleon and LouixXIV, i will be happy cause i have some of them but nothing very good or good enough to paste on the face. The background and Cloth are welcome too :)

Napoleon is almost done, i've already work 10 hour for him but i'm learning the program at the same time. When i will know all the important stuff, it's gonna take an half hour to make a new leaderhead. :D

I will try to collect some where they can be better seen.

About the clothes, this is what I have in mind:

ancient -> Joan of Arc's background is OK; Brennus (Celts king) ancient cloths are OK, with some variations. I would recommend long hair.

middle ages-> blue background with yellow lilies. Or something like that, I need to check. That was Frenh flag. The cloths: a king's cloths, and a crown. I'll find some pictures. A grey wig is the typical hairstyle.

industrial-> I'm not sure about the background. Perhaps something about the revolution. Joan of Arc's cloths are ok. Short hair. Perhaps the hat Napoleon used to wear, but it's not needed.

modern-> Not sure about the background and the cloths. But I'm sure of: the hat: the typical french hat (a little cylindrical with the brim, I'll post a picture); short hair or bald; mustaches.

Please note that these settings may apply to both Louis and Napoleon

I am having trouble starting the game. I get this error message.

missing entry in "text\pedialcons.txt": Icon_Bldg_Holy_War

Although I bought the came in Thailand...I called Atari and they said it is the US version. I have the USv.1.22 patch for Conquests and it works fine.

Can anybody help? Thanks

that error happens when you haven't the last patch correctly installed, or when you haven't installed correctly the mod (for example, in case of wrong folder: check that in Rhye's of Civilization\text, pediaicons.txt is not missing.
Did you download the whole mod (12MB) or by mistake the patch 2.4_to_2.47?

Rhye said:

that error happens when you haven't the last patch correctly installed, or when you haven't installed correctly the mod (for example, in case of wrong folder: check that in Rhye's of Civilization\text, pediaicons.txt is not missing.
Did you download the whole mod (12MB) or by mistake the patch 2.4_to_2.47?

Yup...I downloaded version 2.6...then the patch to 2.7. When I extracted the 1.22 patch there was an error the first time...I then rebooted my computer and then repatched it and it worked. Are you referring to the 1.22 patch above?...maybe that's my problem.

I have the pedialcons file.

Thanks for your help

Anarki said:
Can we have a preview of Napoleon iboltscrew?
Ya sure but i have to fix some little detail like the nose and the skin color but i think he is well start in my opinion. If you guys have any idea, then go ahead, the more opinion i will have, the better it should be at the end.

Attachments

• napoleon_both.jpg
    napoleon_both.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 690
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom