Rhye's of Mankind

Heathcliff

Tactician
I got an idea, but I don't have the time nor the moddingskill to make it happen.

What about combining two of the largest mods:
Rhye's and Fall of Civilization
and
Rise of Mankind

From Rhye's you take: Different spawndate, stability, uvh, uu, ub...

From Rise of Mankind you take: Techtree, all new wonders, buildings and units and all the other new features.

Do you think this mod would be fun to play?

I would love to see this happening tho I realize it will take quite a lot of work and time so even if several people (no way 1 man can do this) agree to do this it will take a while before the first test version is out (imagine all the balancing and bugs that will need to be fixed!).

I liked the ROM mod when I looked at it, but it's load times were ridiculous.

I liked the ROM mod when I looked at it, but it's load times were ridiculous.

If less you have a pimped machine like mine!! mine is 3 years old but was good quality when I got/pimped it

I've considered getting a new system.

One of the big things IMO is the amount of ram. I only have 512 mb of DDR or whatever ram and the computer seems to always be using it ridiculous amounts. I'm gonna try to figure out what kind of ram I need and get another 512 stick. It'll probibly be worth it so long as it's cheap and you can still find em. I know with dling torrents and watching documentaries all the time the HD ones are whores on my ram as well, as are the torrents.

Though I may just be shifting the bottleneck to my processor by doing it. I'm not sure how much extra speed it'll buy me.

I tried to get into the startrek mods, but the waits were psychotic on that one.

Nope. RFC and RoM are two entirely different mods. RFC tries to change as little as possible and achieve a perfect balance, and I have the feeling that RoM does exactly the opposite. It seems like a perfect match, but the result would be awful IMO.

No. I hated RoM. I like mods that add quality, not ones like RoM that just add a ton of random stuff.

The only feature I would really like is Influence Driven War.

I don't know if anyone here plays FFH, but it might be interesting to see a FFH modmod using a set map with RFC's spawning/collapsing and UHV's.

you could probibly ask the ROM or FFH moders if they'd be interested in making such a map for their mods. It would take only a little programming

you could also hit your pc with a hammer and put it in a microwave (same result)
although i would like new resources

As you have bumped a lot of threads at once i have decided to put what i have to say in only one thread to stop any more unessential bumping.
i think all the idea's and enthusiasm to improve the game is good but RFC has been finished as a mod and will no longer be added to. where your imput would be much more useful is in the modmod section where there are still lots of active mods, for instance jakov in RFC abundance was looking for UU's UP's e.c.t. for some new civ's he(?) wanted to add to the mod and i am sure is still looking for suggestions.
so basically feel free to suggest things but try the modmod subforum to do it.

Top Bottom