Richard Pryor Dies

I could've sworn that Richard Pyror was already dead - from a second freebasing accident.

I remember watching "I Ain't Dead Yet", about him - and he didn't show up! I guess he was alive, after all.

The Bravo channel here often shows his old standup stuff, I always go out of my way to watch them

cgannon64 said:
I could've sworn that Richard Pyror was already dead - from a second freebasing accident.

I remember watching "I Ain't Dead Yet", about him - and he didn't show up! I guess he was alive, after all.

He was alive, just suffering bad from MS at the time, I beleive...

Talking about a comedian that been copied so many times[Eddie Murphy,martin Lawrence,and many others].

omg so incredibly ironic. I remember watching Rich Pryor's special (I ain't dead yet) on comedy central saying to myself how arragont this guy has to be to have a special boasting about how he's still alive.

R.I.P. Mr. Pryor. :(

He was a great, great comedian. He's responsible for most great comics of today.

Pryor rules.

:(

He was a great comedian.

Unfortunately, due to his MS he was basically dead a while ago.

Sadly he didnt cross the pond- i know nothing about him.

I still remember the old sketch he did on Saturday Night Live back in the 70s when he did the "Word Association" sketch where he and Chevy Chase threw racial slurs back at one another. Brilliant and cutting edge, even by today's standards.

sysyphus said:
I still remember the old sketch he did on Saturday Night Live back in the 70s when he did the "Word Association" sketch where he and Chevy Chase threw racial slurs back at one another. Brilliant and cutting edge, even by today's standards.

i saw that one once, long time ago, i still remember my reaction to it: :eek: and :lol:

RIP Richard Pryor :king:

Jawz II said:
blazing saddles wasnt bad either

While Gene Wilder & Pryor did a few movies together, Blazing Saddles wasn't actually one of them. I'm not a big Pryor fan, although I liked stuff like Brewster's Millions & See No Evil, Hear No Evil as a kid. Seen some of his stand up too, it's pretty good.

sanabas said:
While Gene Wilder & Pryor did a few movies together, Blazing Saddles wasn't actually one of them. I'm not a big Pryor fan, although I liked stuff like Brewster's Millions & See No Evil, Hear No Evil as a kid. Seen some of his stand up too, it's pretty good.

I think he's in the writing credits for Blazing Saddles though...

R.I.P.

sanabas said:

oh yeah, youre absolutly right, how could i mix that up? :eek:

damn

Top Bottom