RifE 1.20 Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Ok, here is another idea: what about the Dark council of the Scions?.
What if instead of being able to join the Undercouncil or Overcouncil, when Scions found the Dark council they switch to a unique civic in the membership slot?

Ah, and before I forget: There aren't any popups, when a council (under or overcouncil) members decide to declare war on you. Sometimes is easy to figure out that they decided to declare war (2 civs or more) but for most of the time, I just don't understand why that civ declared war on me. Can you make a popup for that?
Also, additional info for the approved options in the councils (So you can know if the overcouncil has approved global liberty, or the undercouncil secret codes)

EDIT: Um, and forbid foreigners from exploring lairs in your territory, I freaked out when a Scion scout explored my Broken Sepulter!

Frankly, no. We're doing away with nearly all unique civics for civs when we redesign civics.

I'll look into explanations for councils, as there will be a third (kinda sorta) soon.

I'm not saying a supranational council, just as the Doviello has council of the wild, Scions can have a Dark Council, that could give, perhaps, more % of awakened?

The Doviello Council of the Wild will not be Doviello-specific much longer.

That would help if they were still getting Awakened by the time you got the Dark Council built.

That's easy enough to do just by taking the Dark Council building into account, no need for a civic.

Hey Valk..

In v.1.3 would it be possible to change a tiny thing for the Sheaim?

The thing is, it's that annoying "we fear for our safety, even though we're a maso-apocalyptic faction that wishes the world to go boom.." when only pyre zombies are in cities...

Catch my drift?

Hey Valk..

In v.1.3 would it be possible to change a tiny thing for the Sheaim?

The thing is, it's that annoying "we fear for our safety, even though we're a maso-apocalyptic faction that wishes the world to go boom.." when only pyre zombies are in cities...

Catch my drift?

Simple solution: Don't defend with Pyre Zombies. :lol:

In my opinion, that modifier is a good thing; A pyre zombie alone shouldn't be reassuring to the populace, and it gets you to diversify the units you use rather than rely solely on Pyre Zombies.

That said, the Sheaim have numerous changes in store.

Alright.. it's just a bit ironic, that the most suicidal, masochistic, menacing, demon worshiping faction is afraid that a legion of undead are protecting them.. but they're happy campers if only one warrior is stationed..

Since no one is making the Sheaim any better at least this would be beneficial..

Hell even dural(?) is better at gating creatures for crying out loud..

Whatever you got in-store for 1.3 Valk I hope it's good for the sheaim players!

Alright.. it's just a bit ironic, that the most suicidal, masochistic, menacing, demon worshiping faction is afraid that a legion of undead are protecting them.. but they're happy campers if only one warrior is stationed..

Since no one is making the Sheaim any better at least this would be beneficial..

Hell even dural(?) is better at gating creatures for crying out loud..

Whatever you got in-store for 1.3 Valk I hope it's good for the sheaim players!

How do the Dural gate creatures? You mean the Kahdi? They've been removed.

As for what's in store... New warrior UU, easier access to the Gate, more gate spawns, new spells.

Here's an idea for the far future: Since the Ljosalfar supposedly have an emphasis on the archery line, and since the archery line is currently relatively useless, why not merge the archery and melee lines for them? (Or at least make it so that all Ljosalfar melee and recon units are capable of a weak ranged attack, a la Wesnoth.) This would make them a bit similar to the Bezeri (assuming you're going through with your initial designs), but then the other civs are far more similar with respect to their unit lines. On the other hand, it makes them more distinct from the Svartalfar, which is IMO a good thing.

Lore-wise, it could be explained that all Ljosalfar warriors must be practiced with the bow, but different warriors specialize in different things, etc. (It might be pretty similar to how elves are portrayed in other fantasy settings, actually.)

Something to consider once the unit line redesign comes around?

Here's an idea for the far future: Since the Ljosalfar supposedly have an emphasis on the archery line, and since the archery line is currently relatively useless, why not merge the archery and melee lines for them? (Or at least make it so that all Ljosalfar melee and recon units are capable of a weak ranged attack, a la Wesnoth.) This would make them a bit similar to the Bezeri (assuming you're going through with your initial designs), but then the other civs are far more similar with respect to their unit lines. On the other hand, it makes them more distinct from the Svartalfar, which is IMO a good thing.

Lore-wise, it could be explained that all Ljosalfar warriors must be practiced with the bow, but different warriors specialize in different things, etc. (It might be pretty similar to how elves are portrayed in other fantasy settings, actually.)

Something to consider once the unit line redesign comes around?

OR we could make the archery line not useless.... :mischief:

That said, not a bad idea. Something to consider for 1.5.

There is a serious lack of choices in the economic civic paths, in ALL my games, all the civs ended using Foreign trade, (unless they had a favour), and honestly, Foreign trade is the best bet in most peaceful scenearios, as merchantilism no foreign trade penalty is too much for a mere 40% extra gold and 1:) for market. Also agrarianism become less useful as game progress and conquest is useless in peace times (it is more as a last resource civic also, as military is produced with food).
Guardian of nature, while being somewhat a solution to unhapiness if you follow fellowship, requires a tech which is as expensive as Arete or mind stapling, but only gives a promotion and this civic, nothing else (I think is somehow useless compared with those).
With all this, I have to say that economy civics are very unbalanced, the opposite face of government (all government civics are viable in certain situations of the game, IMO).

Also I add that in my current game of 14 civs, EVERY civ uses foreign trade, except those who don't have the tech for foreign trade (still using descentralization, seems to be a better option than agrarianism?), and 1 exception using hidden path and another agrarianism.
Please rework economy civics, thanks.

EDIT: Aristocracy, God king and city states seems to be the only civics I always see. I've yet to see a civ using Republic or Theocracy with all those choices.

Ahah, I rarely use anything but God-King :p

That said, the civics are gonna get overhauled soon.

Hey Valk I wanted to know for 1.3 will there be more improvements that can be built on squares like walls, or even watch towers that you build which have a decent range of view and can auto attack a nearby enemy every turn with a ranged attack sorta like the Citadel of Light I guess?

Also I think you mentioned Mechanos will be more closer to their lore as in no longer having any magic based units or buildings in cities ect.

Will this include Gates, and would they just get a Gate equivalent like a Air Port/Zepplin Pad ect?

Also to me the demon faction when they come in game seem far too...friendly, I mean shouldn't the demon spawns of hell, unleashed upon the world simpily declare war on everything good/neutral on the spot, instead of talking to me all diplomatic like and wanting peace? :p

When the Infernals spawned in my last game they immediately declared war on everything good/neutral.

When the Infernals spawned in my last game they immediately declared war on everything good/neutral.

Then you either got extremely (un)lucky or you were playing with the Aggressive AI option enabled.

...or it could be because the Infernals automatically declare war on everyone (except demon barbs) their summoner is at war with.

lol, yeah, forgot about that one. ^^'

/]rchon;9418158 said:
Hey Valk I wanted to know for 1.3 will there be more improvements that can be built on squares like walls, or even watch towers that you build which have a decent range of view and can auto attack a nearby enemy every turn with a ranged attack sorta like the Citadel of Light I guess?

Also I think you mentioned Mechanos will be more closer to their lore as in no longer having any magic based units or buildings in cities ect.

Will this include Gates, and would they just get a Gate equivalent like a Air Port/Zepplin Pad ect?

Also to me the demon faction when they come in game seem far too...friendly, I mean shouldn't the demon spawns of hell, unleashed upon the world simpily declare war on everything good/neutral on the spot, instead of talking to me all diplomatic like and wanting peace? :p

Nope.

All I changed was to remove the Machinarum, and change their air units from blimps to thopters.

Nope, still have a gate if you go that far down useless techs; That said, that's pretty much what the Railroad is meant to replace.

Leader AI is being worked on.

...or it could be because the Infernals automatically declare war on everyone (except demon barbs) their summoner is at war with.

That'd probably be it. No Sheaim in that game so the Balseraphs took on the role of "let's destroy the world" instead.

Hey heres my ideas how about a new civic? A hybrid economy that lets you sacrifice population or spend gold to finish production in a city, provides extra hammers for every couple of points of population in your cities but also increases anger and maintenance of said cities perhaps enabling it with the research of Taxation or Mercantilism? And I don't know if you're planning any new leaders but introduce a new trait Demonic, you start at peace with Agares with -10 research and you have a 20-30%? chance of units starting with the Demon promotion.

Top Bottom