RifE Launcher thread

So far I've only tried one unincluded mod, and neither version of Saila worked for me.

I totally forgot about that:
If you want to use "Saila, the Everchanging" v0.2 you have to fix it first (see link: http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1492#p1492 )

i hope shoggi will release a fixed version soon because i think some people are using this module without the fix and not realising that it will cause conflicts.

what's the "update shema files" button for?

it only replaces module's schema files (( for example the Civ4UnitSchema.xml )) with the ones in assets

it's mainly used by developers when we change schema file in dll

Sorry for quick and minor off-topic, but Lark has PMs disabled and I dunno if he/she reads visitor messages on his/her account page or not:

Lark, I just remembered why your name sounded familiar... I used to know a Celt Bard in Dark Age of Camelot named Lark a long time ago. Probably no more than a 5% chance of it, but please let me know if that's you, hehehe. :)

Back on topic now; apologies.

Thanks, GIR. There was a fixed Saila uploaded just today, so that was perfect timing.

Re MoreEvents + Imperial Roads compatibility: I don't know if this is why, but I could see the Muris Clan goblins before and I'm getting tomatoes now.

LunarMongoose: I'm another Alaudidae, sorry. I hope you find your friend.

Thanks, GIR. There was a fixed Saila uploaded just today, so that was perfect timing.

Re MoreEvents + Imperial Roads compatibility: I don't know if this is why, but I could see the Muris Clan goblins before and I'm getting tomatoes now.

just bad luck - Muris Clan goblins are a little common in the current moreevents mod

LunarMongoose: I'm another Alaudidae, sorry. I hope you find your friend.

That's fine, I did say it was fairly unlikely lol. :) And I'm not really looking for her; just thought I'd check given you were here hehe. (I'm still going to be extra nice and friendly to you b/c I like your name, though. *hugs* :p)

Whelp, back on topic again, mwa ha ha.

It be awesome that we be able to use the RifE launcher to download modmod's, might be useful to see if you can include SVN on it. So like for example, I click my launcher, click on mods, see a list of a downloadable or new versions of mods available, click download/update and the svn client pop up to tell me where to put it and it will start to download/update.

It be awesome that we be able to use the RifE launcher to download modmod's, might be useful to see if you can include SVN on it. So like for example, I click my launcher, click on mods, see a list of a downloadable or new versions of mods available, click download/update and the svn client pop up to tell me where to put it and it will start to download/update.

well ... there's enough problems with just moving folders within Program Files, so i'm not sure how many problems will be there if the launcher actually downloads something from internet and tries to put it into Program Files folder ... not to mention chance of downloading some malware

I just got back into civ IV and I'm playing on a mac with parallels now.
FfH works great with out any issues but RifE installs but the launcher won't come up
I get an error msg stating
the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)
any idea what I could do to fix this?

Fall further would start to load the game but then output a bunch of error msgs and force quit the program

I just got back into civ IV and I'm playing on a mac with parallels now.
FfH works great with out any issues but RifE installs but the launcher won't come up
I get an error msg stating
any idea what I could do to fix this?

Fall further would start to load the game but then output a bunch of error msgs and force quit the program

when is this reported ? is it reported when you start the launcher or when you click on the button to launch the game from the launcher ?

if it is the latter, can you start the game directly from civ4 ? ( start civilization4 -> advanced -> load mod -> Rise from Erebus )

edit: anyway, i checked for the 0xc0000135 runtime error, it means that you don't have .NET framework 3.5 installed, so if it will be the first case, install the framework ( should be available directly from microsoft site )

Sorry to necro, but I recently re-installed the mod (uninstalled it by accident while doing some late-night cleanup) and now when I try to manage the modules, I get an "unhandled exception" message that prevents me from, well, managing. It says the server is unavailable; what have I, in my wretched oversight, missed?

This may actually not be your fault; Could be the way it was programmed.

Essentially: The manager would check a page on the wiki to see if a module is up to date or not. The issue therein is that the wiki is no longer available (greyfox didn't pay for his web hosting, I believe?), so if anw didn't build in some form of exception handling... Well, exactly what you described would occur. :p

you still there ? we though you ... disapeared in an Hamstalfar heavenly world .....

why are some of the religions disabled? I began a custom game on erebus continent, and there are several disabled religions/techs, and i believe it says it disabled orcs as well

@Valkrionn
Thanks for clearing that up! Bit of a disappointment, but I'll manage.

why are some of the religions disabled? I began a custom game on erebus continent, and there are several disabled religions/techs, and i believe it says it disabled orcs as well
start a normal game in quick start.... play 1 turn. it will clear all options.

roughly, in the custom game, you can call specials options. however, those options are not called by a name (which could be specific to a mod), but by a number, thus a given number links to one option in one mod and another in another mod.
add to this that not all options are seen in the "custom game" screen and you get the mess you experienced.

Thus, the previous mod you played had some options checked... (like option 1, 10 and 12) and in RifE when opening the custom game you don't see all those options as checked: you only get to see "option 6 - 10 and 11" ... and in RifE, option 1 and 12 are NOT shown (thus you cannot un-check them) and are not the "No tech brokering" of the previous mod but a specific "no-AV" ....

The other option is that you are playing grigori or illian and thus cannot get any religion ... thus religious techs are barred to you.

Top Bottom