Ring map with city states

krc

King
The ring map with Civ5 restricts the number of city states to 5, and forces them onto the central "polar" region. Based on the comments within the script, this was done to make the map more suitable for multiplayer. Since I only play single-player, I have edited the script to allow the usual number of city-states, placed anywhere on the map.

To use this map script, first unzip the file, then copy Ring2.lua into the Maps folder, which is usually called
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\Maps

It will show up in the selections in the advanced setup; it is called Ring2.

Attachments

• Ring2.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 927
I'm really enjoying this map so far. With more city-states around the map, it makes expansion much more bearable than the norm. Its funny to see how empty the subcontinent in the middle of the map is, though. Filled with nothing but barbs and unoccupied space asking to be settled.

Thanks for sharing!:)

I'm really enjoying this map so far. With more city-states around the map, it makes expansion much more bearable than the norm. Its funny to see how empty the subcontinent in the middle of the map is, though. Filled with nothing but barbs and unoccupied space asking to be settled.

Thanks for sharing!:)

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. I've only tried it twice so far, and both times there were still one or two CS in the middle.

I just tried my first Ring game and was disappointed by the lack of city states until Astronomy. I look forward to trying out your variation!

Thanks for this! I only just around to trying the Ring script, and was quite disappointed with the CS placement.

Top Bottom