[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

So, it seems that the main candidates for the first First Look are Korea and Mongolia. Which do you think is more likely? I'd guess Korea, where we even reckognised who could lead them from the announcement - queen Seondeok of Silla.

So, it seems that the main candidates for the first First Look are Korea and Mongolia. Which do you think is more likely? I'd guess Korea, where we even reckognised who could lead them from the announcement - queen Seondeok of Silla.

They could introduce someone entirely new.

They could introduce someone entirely new.
Of course, but still, the main guesses are these two, since they were the most obvious new Civs from the announcement and people guess them most for the first FL.

The "feitoria or not" conundrum has me wondering about something. Remember when BNW was announced, there was a screenshot with an Assyrian Siege Tower? They didn't say anything about Assyrians at that point. How long did they wait to confirm that?

It might indicate that Portugal, or whatever owns that, is going to be close to the front of the queue for First Looks.

The "feitoria or not" conundrum has me wondering about something. Remember when BNW was announced, there was a screenshot with an Assyrian Siege Tower? They didn't say anything about Assyrians at that point. How long did they wait to confirm that?

It might indicate that Portugal, or whatever owns that, is going to be close to the front of the queue for First Looks.

If they start with Korea or the Mongols, I actually expect the one that isn't revealed first to not have its First Look until the last 4; I think a new civ would fit in well in the 2nd or 3rd FL spot, with Portugal/Netherlands/another somewhat-expected civ taking the other 2nd or 3rd spot. Then a civ with relatively little hype in the dreaded middle spot before kicking off the back half with whichever of Korea and Mongols wasn't revealed.

Of course if they start with a new civ then it's all bets off the table.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, BNW was announced in March 2013. I was eleven years old and I didn't know that anything like Civ exists, so I don't remember :p

If they start with Korea or the Mongols, I actually expect the one that isn't revealed first to not have its First Look until the last 4; I think a new civ would fit in well in the 2nd or 3rd FL spot, with Portugal/Netherlands/another somewhat-expected civ taking the other 2nd or 3rd spot. Then a civ with relatively little hype in the dreaded middle spot before kicking off the back half with whichever of Korea and Mongols wasn't revealed.

Of course if they start with a new civ then it's all bets off the table.

It's possible that since the last two civs released were Asian they'd push Korea towards the back of the queue. Of course the Mongols are technically Asian as well, but I don't think people tend to think of them in the same way as SE Asian civs, India, China, Japan or Korea.

Don't forget about the infamous "purple on the minimap" that led to so much speculation that Venice would be in the game; turns out Venice was in the game.

Yeah, 2 had corruption (or waste); but it wasn't half as punishing as in 3. In 3 if you built a city on another continent, you may as well have not bother for the little it could do.

Though I do believe Civ3 had colonies, which is a mechanic I kind of liked. Maybe it wasn't the greatest implementation, but the idea could have been refined into something better. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar return. It was useful if you wanted to lock up a resource on another continent.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, BNW was announced in March 2013. I was eleven years old and I didn't know that anything like Civ exists, so I don't remember :p

I'm 23, and you're making me feel old IT HAS NOT BEEN THAT LONG!

Though I do believe Civ3 had colonies, which is a mechanic I kind of liked. Maybe it wasn't the greatest implementation, but the idea could have been refined into something better. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar return.

Oh god, that brings me good memories, I can't believe we nailed that one PURELY because of the SPECIFIC color used in both the Venetian Flag and the minimap color.. like.. we're really into it here.. (they don't call us fanatics for nothing)

Oh god, that brings me good memories, I can't believe we nailed that one PURELY because of the SPECIFIC color used in both the Venetian Flag and the minimap color.. like.. we're really into it here.. (they don't call us fanatics for nothing)

I have long suspected that someone had inside info on Venice and kept pushing it in the forums. It was such a long shot and dark horse option, but it was argued over since the day BNW was announced.

Have you already talked about this building? It seems to be a Monument replacement and appears on one of the screenshots from the official civ page..Could be something from a new civ. Is anybody well versed with architectural styles of cultures and knows what this is?(truly sorry if this has already been mentioned but I havent had the time to read through another 20 pages of this forum :p)

You're only 23? Now I feel really old....And you were a member of this forum way before me!

But I did only started getting into Civ when I was studying at my first university.

Have you already talked about this building? It seems to be a Monument replacement and appears on one of the screenshots from the official civ page..Could be something from a new civ. Is anybody well versed with architectural styles of cultures and knows what this is?(truly sorry if this has already been mentioned but I havent had the time to read through another 20 pages of this forum :p)
We discussed that in the Screenshot Discussion thread.

Yes, we did here or in the screenshot thread, and it is so cool to think that they’re being that detail oriented. Makes me happy.

We're talking about screenshot content in the R&F screenshot discussion thread. However, we suspect this to be just different graphic style for monument around the world, and, according to the palace, this one should be Japan.

Edit: Okay, being ninja'd once, I get it, but twice? Come on :nono:

For now it is assumed to be cultural building graphics.

Top Bottom