Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

Rufus T. Firefly said:
Hey, I never said that it was made by British. Because RaR is a bit unbalanced to western view and Taj Mahal was popular in Europe/America under British empire, it has sense that it will be "discovered" by European countries with the developement of Steam engine (IIRC british made the indian railroad network, no?).

Correct. The Mughals never discovered steam power.

Cabbit said:
Why not have the Taj Mahal require absolutism?

This makes MUCH more sense. And I agree with everything you said. :goodjob:

I don't have the time to view the whole thread (35pp :crazyeye: ), so I'll just say it: When i downloaded the RaR for C3c I noticed that there was only a "basic" game :cry: (540) turns, I would really like if someone made a "long" game of RaR aswell. (Or told me where to download one that is aleready made :blush: )

Thanks for making the Rise and Rule anyway, great game... :goodjob:

Lord_Azazel said:
I don't have the time to view the whole thread (35pp :crazyeye: ), so I'll just say it: When i downloaded the RaR for C3c I noticed that there was only a "basic" game :cry: (540) turns, I would really like if someone made a "long" game of RaR aswell. (Or told me where to download one that is aleready made :blush: )

Thanks for making the Rise and Rule anyway, great game... :goodjob:

There will be an extended version of the game. We wanted to release a version people could play sooner rather than later. Afterall you all have been waiting for R&R long enough.

Not sure when the extended version will be available though - thats up to Isak, because as I am sure you are aware the tech rates etc. have to be modified.

Isak said:
Hi Danilosilva

I've just downloaded the mod from 3DDownloads, and have no problems installing it, so something (possibly a bad connection, or a proxy-server used by your ISP) has corrupted your download. Try downloading it again, perhaps from the other download site (fileplanet).

Thanks Isak! On the third attempt it worked just fine - not that I did anythinig different! Don't know what's going on there... Fantastic mod, love the incredible attention to detail.

too many techs......going insane!!! ARRGGH!!!this is some seriously fun stuff though, great scenario!

Great scenarion. :goodjob: I'd echo the 'too many techs' cry, but it's fun and makes you think of what is best for what you want to do.

I'm playing as Rome on Rhye's 180X180 world map with RAR resources that was posted here a while back. It's going well even though I've had to fight with almost all of my neighbours.

One oversight, however. The victory point scoring is messed up-only one point per turn is awarded to every civ! :confused: I have 'corrected' this in the .biq for the next game.

Thanks again for all your work, it's AWESOME!

jimmygeo

jimmygeo said:
(...)
One oversight, however. The victory point scoring is messed up-only one point per turn is awarded to every civ! :confused: I have 'corrected' this in the .biq for the next game. (...)
jimmygeo

VP-Scoring? :confused: Yes, the settings might be odd, but they are relict from an earlier version with shipments.I think they are still in for the reason shipments could be implemented again.And keep in mind that RaR isn't primarily designed for VP-games.If VP was unintended in your game, make sure checking "default rules" in game setup before starting next game!

goethe said:
Some more bugs(?):

- hardy cultivator is the only settler unit with RADAR ability
- Korea and England can't build arquebusier nor flavor unit
- Korea can't build crossbowman nor flavor unit
- american champion has no ai-strategy (i.e. offensive...)

1. Not completly sure; likely a bug IMO, because settler has no radar...and only the starting tribes are designed to have radar AFAIK.
2/3. For korea, both is connected to implementation of the Hwacha.Will be fixed.For England it is likely a relict of an earlier, differnt UU.
4. Clear bug.

Thanks for bringing those points up!

the English don't build Arquebusiers because the Longbow was historically cheeper and more deadly than the Arquebusier which lead to the English being one of the last major powers to incorporate them into their armies.

I had intended the Hwacha to be a replacement for the Crossbow. It was meant to be the equivalent to the Arquebusier.

Korea and England would then have an extended period with their Longbows and Hwachas, but both units would be superior to the crossbow and if not equal too in A/D then at least cheaper than the Arquebusier giving them at least a numerical advantage at that stage of technological development.

Would I be able to use a graphics mod pack like...
Snoopy Terrain Graphics Modpack v4.5 for Civ3 Conquests
...with this mod and if not is there another one that would be compatible...?
Thanks for your help :)

Happy to discover the 1.1 patch :)

rhialto said:
The Korean turtle ship and trading boat can't upgrade :(

The turtle ship upgrades to frigate and has also upgrade button, are you sure you met all the prequesites for the frigate? Trading ship upgrades too - to caravel.

@ Morgan UK

Should be possible:

-backup you art /.../RAR/art folder
-place the files in the /.../RAR/art/terrain

Pfeffersack
Thanks for your help :)
By following your precise instructions it works fine, much appreciated.
Now to find all the other mods that I used to use after losing 120GB of data on my defunct hard drive :(

Is it a bug ?

The french UU is supposed to be an improved musketeer.
but its stats are 5(2)/2/1. that's not precisely a defensive unit.
Everything (unit's stats/civclopedia) seems consistent, but I don't think it's correct.

Is there a simplistic way for me to use this mod complete with a custom made map of my own...? I have trawled through as many of the guides and posts that I can and without the ability to use a search I apologise in advance if this question has been asked too many times.
I can use the editor ot make my map (Civ3ConquestsEdit) but I am not sure about the integration of the RoR mod within it and to be able to use all its features - if this is possible...?

Thanks again for any help or pointers :)

Yes. Open the RnR mod, then save it under a different file name. Then you can create a map or do whatever else you want to it. All of RnR's features will be part of this new Mod, and you will still have the original untouched to create additional maps in the future.

What I am wondering is if one has created a map based on RnR, will installing any updates to RnR also automatically update the mods/maps created based off RnR?

Top Bottom