Rise of Mankind 2.8 Feedback and bug reports

When in world builder I CTD when placing one of the newest techs to 2.8 (fertilizer I believe).
I haven't tried to recreate it yet.

Add: +1 for forest chopping requiring iron working.
You can't place manufactured resources to map plots as those resources do not have graphics. Manufactured resources are accessible only through buildings & wonders.

Zappara, I found a bug in the python files, it's throwing (debug) asserts at me.

Look in the RevInqUtilities.py, it is checking from lines 33-45 for civics in Standard BTS, not RoM, and not finding them, which could cause problems.
Oh, can't remember seeing those civic lines so obviously that's a new bug then. I'll get it fixed soon (not today since I'm visiting my mom and fixing her computer so I don't have access to RoM files today). I quess you'll have to turn off inquisition option from BUG options to avoid those errors.

I've tried it twice on Marathon, and both times have gotten dogpiled before turn 200. The WHEEOHRN was probably before turn 100 both times. Is this intentional? I've noticed a -1 diplomatic factor about "first impressions", but I haven't done anything else to annoy these AIs.
This RoM version is harder than previous versions. If you enable Barbarian World option (custom game) it's even harder... ;)

The techAcquired event handler breaks when I give myself a religion (specifically, 3 religions + holy cities) at the start of the game. Haven't looked into it more as I want to actually play :p

ETA: Re: placing manufactured resources, can you give them a graphic? Just so we can't CTD by mistake!

Yep, I definately hate the idea of waiting for iron working to get olives and apples.
Cutting down forests on large scale occurred on classical era and this was the reason for this change.

Running Win 7, 64-b, 4GB RAM, quad-core
Playing ROM 2.8 with Afforess 1.4beta 8.
Loaded modules: static leaderheads and custom civilization

CTD earlish in the game (researching Feudalism I believe). CTD has happened several times I've loaded from save. Due to custom civ/config I don't know if you can load a save game?

I think the errror is this (from xml.log) -- it appears like 15 times in a row with the same error.

Spoiler :

[79588.109] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4EspionageMissionInfo/EspionageMissionInfos/EspionageMissionInfo)
[79588.109] info type NONE not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4EspionageMissionInfo.xml

EDIT: There's actually a lot of lines in the xml file saying the same thing -- that info type NONE not found. Any ideas?
I don't have time to test and debug reports that have any number of modmods installed so could you please first ask in the relevant modmod discussion about the bugs you've encountered. I'm sure the modmodders will give me info if the bug is actually caused by the main mod and not the modmods. At the moment I don't have any modmods installed and that probably won't change any time soon so I can't really test these situations.

Those NONE lines can be ignored, even regular BtS makes same kind of lines as many of the xml defines in each object has NONE in place if the modifier is not set to do anything. Xml.log is probably the last file to look when hunting bugs, other logs are more useful.

The only bug I've run into (and I don't mind actually) is one where when I try to improve a forested tile with say a plantation or cottage in one go (without first chopping)

The forrest is instantly removed and the improvement is instantly placed.
(While if I chop first and improve second it takes the usual amount of turns)

Note: I tend to use multiple workers on a single tile in the early game to speed up the resource linkage in the BFC and I haven't noticed this on single workers :)

EDIT:
And I don't really mind having a chopped forrest AND improvement in a single turn when time is critical in this game ;)

The only bug I've run into (and I don't mind actually) is one where when I try to improve a forested tile with say a plantation or cottage in one go (without first chopping)

The forrest is instantly removed and the improvement is instantly placed.
(While if I chop first and improve second it takes the usual amount of turns)

Note: I tend to use multiple workers on a single tile in the early game to speed up the resource linkage in the BFC and I haven't noticed this on single workers :)

EDIT:
And I don't really mind having a chopped forrest AND improvement in a single turn when time is critical in this game ;)

That's not a bug, it's a new option that's been added in this version (or if it was there before it wasn't enabled by default). I was confused by it initially too. Just press CTRL-ALT-O and in the bottom left you will see two options called "PreChop Forests" and "PreChop Improvements". If you uncheck those it should go back to behaving the way it did before.

Hi, first of all, I love this mod! Can't even imagine how much work goes in it. Zappara, and all the others in the credits, AWESOME WORK!!! :goodjob: :goodjob:

I saw many comments about being unable to chop of forest and jungle until ironworking being too hard. First game I played, yes, I needed to get used to it, but my second round went great. If you build workshops (which you can build in forests) it's not even that hard.

Also the "first impression" and "behind civ's must work together to catch up" diplomatic bonusses are a cool addition to the mod. (plus of course all the other stuff :p never got to see it though)

---

But now here's our problem, ever since I installed version 2.8 multiplayering has become impossible for me and my friends. We play with three people and 7 AI. Now, each time any of us attack any sort of thing, a creature, barbarian, each other or the AI the game instantly goes out of sync. All players need to reconnect and it works again. Until something gets attacked again. Making the game impossible to be enjoyed.

The weird thing is that whenever we are being attacked, so, when one of our units has to defend, nobody goes out of sync.

We've gone back to the previous version. :sad:

I still hope there's gonna be a fix for this or perhaps some ideas on what we're doing wrong..

Thanks a bunch,
Snub :)

playing a game ROM2.8 full my religion screen is empty, although some religions are discovered.
The corporation screen is showing the normal way

edit: I re-installed the game, runs o.k. now

That's not a bug, it's a new option that's been added in this version (or if it was there before it wasn't enabled by default). I was confused by it initially too. Just press CTRL-ALT-O and in the bottom left you will see two options called "PreChop Forests" and "PreChop Improvements". If you uncheck those it should go back to behaving the way it did before.

I was just about to come here to say I found the issue...
Is was a "bug" just not one with RoM per-say ;) The pre-chop function had issues with my own home-made pre-chop mod (I added that one in without checking if RoM had such a thing)
This made the pre-chopping go haywire and give me insta-chop improvements :p

So, false alarm :)

There seems to be something slightly off with the limit on inquisitors. You can't actually have more than 3, but you can attempt to build more, and you end up with the production converted to gold and an "unable to complete..." message. That's not much of an issue for me directly, but currently one of the AI civs has 11 of it's 14 cities all trying to build inquisitors at the same time.

:sad:

Though 2.8 is GREAT ! there seems to be a small multiplayer problem.
We get the OOS way too often, for example:
*) moving troops from ship to land (first landing, at least)
*) attacking AI's city ( first attack, at least)
*) attcking barbarian animals ( first attack, at least )

will investigate further and then post logs also ...

I also did see some python debug info during game, while founding first city - that could be connected to special characters of the city name, as i have no seen it with normal names.

I have no user interface for the game..... please help! :(

Hello, I recently downloaded RoM 2.8 and when I'm in the world builder trying to place the new resources, such as smart medicine, my game exits, no error messages, just exits as if I did Alt-f4. BTW why was the Marshall of the w/e removed? I don't see it listed in the patch notes.

@LordofDarkness

Original from Zap:
You can't place manufactured resources to map plots as those resources do not have graphics. Manufactured resources are accessible only through buildings & wonders.

It tells me that on snail that game still lasts only 1590 turns. If that's the case i'll only be halfway through tech tree when it ends. isnt it supposed to last 3000 turns on snail?

Edit : When i started game it showed it lasting 3000 turns. After save and reload it shows only 1590. The game plays slow like it's suppsed too i'm just losing half the turns.

Edit 2 : I know why it's not working now. I was using a custom made map I made with version 2.71. Everything esle just fine with game so far. Believe it'll work just fine now.

Loving 2.8 :salute:

When adding a built warlord (s) unit to another unit (after researching military training), I can build another one and keep building a new one everytime I add the new one to a unit. Don't know if its supposed to work like this or not, but my army is vastly better trained than the AI at the moment because of this.

I havent got very far yet but I love it so far. The Ai is much more aggressive, declaring war much earlier at least on snail speed. One of the civs destroyed before I even met them. Love the interface changes and seeing the once hidden ai attitude modifiers. I really havent got very far into game yet though. I'm gonna have to make a new map first. I'm looking foward to using all the new units I see in the game too. They look very nice.The new setting giving the barbs a free city for each civ looks very interesting too. Since I like playing with 23 civs it should make for an exiting game when I decide to use it. Thank you so much for this mod Zappara. It's very much appreciated.

Zappara, I am curious as to why the Carrier (not the Nuclear Carrier, mind you) seems to require either Diesel OR Uranium. Shouldn't it be only Diesel, and NOT Uranium, since it isn't yet a Nuclear Carrier?

Top Bottom