1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind 2.8 Feedback and bug reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Shoemaker78

Shoemaker78 Chieftain

I have RoM 2.81 and AND 1.55 installed

When I found a new religion I dont get the option to convert to it as state religion and I cannot convert to it in the religious advisor screen either.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need a specific tech or something to be able to have a state religion?

2. Stormwind

Stormwind King

Folklore, Atheist and Secular don't have a State Religion, so you can't switch to any religion.

3. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Your initial religion civic block religions. You will need to switch out of it. ;)

4. ZodiacHeroHK

ZodiacHeroHK Chieftain

I have found a bug -

This is 2.81 Lite ( i cannot successfully play full or mega version due to unknown reason )

Please end the turn on this saved game, there is 1 city which to join me due to my high culture, HOWEVER i cannot reject even with the reject button..

5. ghostmaker650

ghostmaker650 Warlord

Hey,

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I have a question about the "world bank" building, It says it gives
    10% :gold: to all cities
    adds 50% :gold: to reserves
    and gives 2% interest on :gold: reserves per turn

But it's not giving me the 2% :gold: interest :( I seem to remember that it worked in previous versions, I'm just wondering if you know and that this was intentional. If so maybe you can remove the part that still says it gives you 2%, because this kinda screwed me, if I had known I wouldn't get the 2% interest I wouldn't have wasted my time with it.

Thanks,

EDIT: I think I'm mistaken, after reluctantly doing some math in my head it seems that I am getting 2% interest on my reserves, it just doesn't show it on the :gold: per turn number, it does it automatically behind the scenes.

6. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

yeah breh sometimes Civ is like that

7. Talin2009

Talin2009 King

Multiple research still bugged in 1.61, though to a lesser extent. Now it works like this - if i choose target tech and on tech path there are 2 techs which visually appear on same vertical position - they both will be researched same turn.

For example, i target economics, and had cartography + clockworks both researched same turn (they had 6 to 7 turns if research separately).

p.s. oops, that was supposed to be posted in AND bugs topic, my bad.

8. hackkpo

hackkpo Chieftain

Hi i have a really big problem, while i'm playing the event handler is keeping the whole time poping up messages of some kind of error is a pain in the ass really, because those messages are covering the half of the screen all the freaking time. Sorry about my english. I'll appreciate some solution. Txs.

9. braydog92

braydog92 Chieftain

I can download this file, but when I unpack it with either 7-zip or WinRar, it still doesn't work. It is the same as the regular BTS. I really want to play this mod, it looks great. Any suggestions on how to get this up and running? I have Vista 64-bit edition and Steam if that helps.

10. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Could be corrupted, try redownloading.

11. braydog92

braydog92 Chieftain

I've downloaded it multiple times, from multiple mirrors. I'm evidently doing something wrong. I am so :cry:

12. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Why not try downloading 2.92? 2.8 is way outdated.

13. braydog92

braydog92 Chieftain

I actually downloaded 2.91. I'll try 2.92 and start posting on the right thread.

14. Azzer

Azzer Chieftain

Latest version 2.92. No modmods. Completely fresh and full patched install of BTS, and clean/fresh install of RoM.

Limited Religions seems to have a fault somewhere - though I can't quite work out where - it's either related to one city challenge being switched on, or random events being switched off, or perhaps both of those settings combined (playing a game without one city challenge, and with random events, limited religions does seem to work to restrict you to 1 religion founded).

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is a known bug with Limited/Choose Religions in this version of RoM.

16. Warpiglet

Warpiglet Chieftain

Hey - so I'm not sure if this is a bug, because sadly I'm not getting an error message. Basically, when I load the mod it goes to the desktop for a moment (something it would do on another machine I played this on before starting), but instead of having it restart, nothing happens. It's like I never started Civ or RoM. Other mods and the base game appear to be unaffected.

Has anyone else experienced this and perhaps have a solution?

Any help is appreciated - Thanks.