Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

Are you saying it's still bugged in your computer with RoM 2.91? I thought I had fixed all the bugs in it for v2.91.

Hi Zap - it seems to have fixed itself. I was playing with this annoying problem one day, the next day I boot up RoM and it's gone. No adding new mods, no patches or new versions of anything, same savefile as before... I don't know. :confused:

Thanks for addressing it though.

Sorry if it already been brought up, but it looked like there's some problem with japanese cottage and hamlet(don't know bout town) graphic.(Sorry can't give screenshoot, bad connection till monday prevent me)

Whenever I get a CTD it almost always happens during the computer's turn. In my latest game I hit a snag where the game would crash over and over again on this one paricular turn as soon as a certain group of enemy units would appear on the map. I was ready to start a new game when I thought I might try unchecking the "show enemy moves" option. When I did so, the CTD disappeared.

What is this meaningless drivel? If you are going to make a post, be sure to show a relevance of your post somewhere to something here :).

event i got

Alright, I'll give as much detail as I can.

I'm playing the latest version of RoM patched to BtS 3.19 like the instructions say, so that's all good. I've been playing on a Huge map, though I don't know the exact number of civs, quite a few rebel states have popped up. I'm running in 1280x720 resolution, 2x AA and High on all graphical settings.

Anyway, so I've played with no problems until the Renissance Era. Now, the game keeps crashing to the desktop. If I check out the event viewer, I can see that the module CvGameCoreDLL.dll is what's failing. Not sure what's going on, but I can't continue the game as it crashes after 1-2 turns.

My computer Specs are:
Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (I have something like 2gb of Video memory thanks to virtual memory allocation)
RAM: 4GB
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8800 (2.66ghz)
DirectX 11

I did a quick search for my problem in this thread, but couldn't seem to find it. If it has actually been answered do please point me in that direction. Peace :)

EDIT: Forgot you requested saves for crashes, so here you go.

First time trying out this big of a mod. Awesome job so far! However, between year 1155AD and 1160AD, the game stops responding. I tryed looking over everything that might be completing around that time, to no avail. So I'm gonna drop a log.zip on you in hopes that you can help a fan out real quick.

View attachment 249975
Thanks, tell me if you need a savegame.
Melt

The "construct X libraries" event should probably be moved from Writing to Literature, or changed to Schools of Scribes.

Alright, I'll give as much detail as I can.

I'm playing the latest version of RoM patched to BtS 3.19 like the instructions say, so that's all good. I've been playing on a Huge map, though I don't know the exact number of civs, quite a few rebel states have popped up. I'm running in 1280x720 resolution, 2x AA and High on all graphical settings.

Anyway, so I've played with no problems until the Renissance Era. Now, the game keeps crashing to the desktop. If I check out the event viewer, I can see that the module CvGameCoreDLL.dll is what's failing. Not sure what's going on, but I can't continue the game as it crashes after 1-2 turns.

My computer Specs are:
Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (I have something like 2gb of Video memory thanks to virtual memory allocation)
RAM: 4GB
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8800 (2.66ghz)
DirectX 11

I did a quick search for my problem in this thread, but couldn't seem to find it. If it has actually been answered do please point me in that direction. Peace :)

EDIT: Forgot you requested saves for crashes, so here you go.

Try to run the game on AI autoplay (Ctrl+Shift+X) for a couple of turns and see if the crash can be bypassed. If it can it's propably an event or something.

First time trying out this big of a mod. Awesome job so far! However, between year 1155AD and 1160AD, the game stops responding. I tryed looking over everything that might be completing around that time, to no avail. So I'm gonna drop a log.zip on you in hopes that you can help a fan out real quick.

View attachment 249975
Thanks, tell me if you need a savegame.
Melt

Try to look at my post here. You might have to go back a couple of turns. I'm suspecting it's an AI mongering for war, and promoting/upgrading his units. In the documents folder there is a file called MPLog that contains info about last moved units. I bet it's either a ship or a mounted unit causing the trouble.

Try to run the game on AI autoplay (Ctrl+Shift+X) for a couple of turns and see if the crash can be bypassed. If it can it's propably an event or something.

Did what you said and set the AI to autoplay for 5 turns. Hung for a couple seconds then crashed to desktop as usual before even advancing any turns :cry:

Thanks for your quick response though. :)

i've now finished a 2.91 game, and found this quirk:

the AI is somewhat erratic when negotiating peace with the player. during the same war, while losing badly and having cities under threat, the same AI would sometimes agree to peace by giving me cities and money, and sometimes actually demand cities and money from me (i didn't sign peace, but checked to see what the AI would give me for peace). in addition, on two separate occasions two AIs would agree to be vassalized (option is white), but would not agree to peace unless i gave them back a city. i have never before seen a case where the AI was open to being vassalized but actually not willing to agree to it...

After some tinkering, I have an update on my problem.

I started a second game, this time on a large map and with fewer AI's, and increased my virtual memory, all to see if it was a memory issue. Around 1300AD The game began to crash to desktop again. Just to double check the memory problem, I set my graphics to low and tried to play the turn, still crashed.

Also I'm not getting the Memory Allocation error, it's just giving me the "Civilization IV has encountered an error and needs to close" message, so I really don't think this is a RAM issue. All the error messages keep pointing me back to the CvGameCoreDLL.dll module, and I lack to specific know-how to debug the issue.

I got a little farther tech wise in this game, but still it was around mid renissance era that the game decided to call it quits.

My update for now :)

Are you saying it's still bugged in your computer with RoM 2.91? I thought I had fixed all the bugs in it for v2.91.

I can confirm that it's fixed in 2.91 version. I can use Alt+X with no problems and have already planned dozens of cities.

Not sure if it was reported before, but during early turns I received several messages reporting errors on culture and population events. They didn't seem to show up after barbarians replaced animals in game. Not sure if that's related though.
I'm playing clean RoM 2.91 version with no mods installed and no changes in files.

OK tried a search for previously reported issue but no soap.

I can't get to research Metal Casting although it shows in the science tree with Mining as the only prerequisite. I went back and uninstalled BTS and previously loaded BUG and BAT mods to start over. Reloaded BTS and ROM only, but still can't research Metal Casting.

Don't know what to from this point.

Buck

OK tried a search for previously reported issue but no soap.

I can't get to research Metal Casting although it shows in the science tree with Mining as the only prerequisite. I went back and uninstalled BTS and previously loaded BUG and BAT mods to start over. Reloaded BTS and ROM only, but still can't research Metal Casting.

Don't know what to from this point.

Buck

Did a quick check in the civilopedia, it also needs pottery. Make sure you've researched that too and then try.

Whenever I try to start a new game on the Rise of Mankind mod, the game freezes and then crashes to the desktop saying "Beyond the Sword has Stopped Working." I tried reinstalling the game and the mod several times to no avail. I have a good graphics card and processor, but I tried the game on the lowest settings anyway and it still crashed. I'm on a windows 7 laptop, and beyond the sword is patched up to 3.19. Can anybody help?

I don't know if it is a bug.

Using merchant to do "trade mission" give me always 102 GP. I can send them in a little or big city, far or near... but I have always the same GP. Is it ok? Or there is something wrong?

Sorry for my self-quote... I only want to understand if it is a bug or if I do something wrong...

Whenever I try to start a new game on the Rise of Mankind mod, the game freezes and then crashes to the desktop saying "Beyond the Sword has Stopped Working." I tried reinstalling the game and the mod several times to no avail. I have a good graphics card and processor, but I tried the game on the lowest settings anyway and it still crashed. I'm on a windows 7 laptop, and beyond the sword is patched up to 3.19. Can anybody help?

Did you use autoupdate to 3.19 or installed from file? Did you install it in Documents or Program Files folder?

Top Bottom