1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Mar 12, 2010.

1. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Download Rise of Mankind v2.92 (Torrent 447mb, magnet link)

or download RiseOfMankind2.92torrent.rar from this post, open it and double click the torrent inside. Both downloads require torrent clients.

Unfortunately the upload rate will be abysmally slow from my end since my connection's upload rate is really low... but you'll get the mod eventually. :rolleyes:

Now, I'll go get some sleep... I'll update the main threads some other day this week...

Attached Files:

2. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Just noticed that the victory stats screen throws python exception in v2.92... nothing too serious though, doesn't seem to affect gameplay.

3. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Yeah, Firaxis dropped the ball on it and broke it. I found the fix for it in FFH2. Feel free to compare my victory screen with yours.

4. omgitsnuc

omgitsnuc Chieftain

I'm pretty far in at 1420 AD and have so many freaking hours into it. I have a super computer and I'm only playing on a huge map the load times between rounds are not bad HOWEVER at the end of my latest turn it doesn't crash or anything it just stays loading... I can see the little earth icon still spinning I can move around the map and see little effects moving and all but the next turn won't load. Tried reloading before the turn, Restarting the game and I even left my computer for 4-5 hours and it's still stuck loading. No crashes not even if I alt tab....

I"m REALLY into this game so i would looooooooooove the help any ideas??? I'm on 2.91 btw with windows 7.

5. omgitsnuc

omgitsnuc Chieftain

So I loaded a save about 5-6 turns before the point I was stuck and now I'm about 15-20 turns later so it chugged right through, Hopefully no more issues...:confused:

6. BumpInTheNight

BumpInTheNight Chieftain

ED again: Bah, disregard everything, got it working :p

I was having trouble getting RoM to work until I noticed in an error log that the BTS.exe was referring to itself as v3.02...turns out the patcher that I'd used to go to 3.19 was not for the right release (I have D2D's version) and that patcher just silently fails instead of informs you it didn't actually do anything. So I grabbed D2D's patcher and life is good, RoM 2.92 loads perfectly.

Great mod!

7. BumpInTheNight

BumpInTheNight Chieftain

Bug in 2.92: Every time I finish something that unlocks a religion I end up getting two founded instead, the first one is the one I pick and then a random second one shows up right after.

8. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

just out of curiosity : why did you remove industry? I havent seen any complains or bug reports about it.

9. Afforess

There has been a few complaints about it being OP, but I was surprised at the removal as well. Left me scrambling with some Better RoM changes.

10. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Had this TXT error?

11. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Is this with Choose Religion game option or with RevDCM's Choose Religion option or with both settings on?

True, there hasn't been complaints about them. However I felt that I had already included enough different types of improvements to RoM and the more there is different improvement types, more difficult it is to decide which improvement should be built where so it should be less confusing now for new RoM players - having fewer improvement types also helps AI players. It was one of those decisions where I had think about new RoM players, AI players, game balance etc - sometimes less is better when looking overal picture.

If I had the time, I'd overhaul the whole improvement system since I had this cool idea some weeks ago... but maybe I'll use that idea in Civ 5 if it has similar improvement system still in place...

Hmm, I thought I had fixed that one.. oh well, got to check event txt entries once again :D

12. BumpInTheNight

BumpInTheNight Chieftain

This is just with the one you pick when you initially create a custom game through the main menu. Btw I've also seen several info log messages about various generic units dying such as "An Axeman has died!" akin to when other player's generals are taken down, seems pretty random and I'm very certain its not my own units.

Another thing I've noticed is ranged bombardment's 'attack units' option doesn't seem to work for me, I click it and it'll green highlight a valid target square I want to shell but when I click it does nothing. The regular 'auto reduce defenses' button works though. I think the last version I'd played was 2.80 so I apologize if it just works differently now and I haven't figured it out.

13. Afforess

don't leave us hanging! Give us a brief idea of what you would find ideal.

14. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Well, since I learned how LSystem works for improvements when making Vertical Farms I began to think that all improvements would "grow" as the time passes ie. simple mine becomes booming mining town (mine + lots of buildings), lumbermill near river evolves to industrial town, farm on hill grows to have windmills, buildings, castle etc. This would mean that every basic improvement type would upgrade over time and looks change according to eras - up to modern day specialized suburbs. For this to happen, it would require to change everything in the mod that affects improvements in any way + huge amount of work with PlotLSystem...

15. Afforess

Plus a person skilled with blender. My lack of art talent has been my greatest hindrance to modding.

16. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Don't need blender - the art is already in the mod ie. the city sets... Vertical Farm uses city set buildings (SMAC) for those green buildings ;) Though I haven't seen good future building cityset (I've checked all of them).

17. Afforess

Blender would be needed for some kind of farm upgrade and subarbs.

Speaking of art, did you see the new Turkish bombard and unit sets in the database? ;)

18. Aveloren

Aveloren Chieftain

Quick issue with the new 2.92 version a friend and I have encountered...

OOS issues are VERY common. At least one every 2-3 turns, quickly flashing and going away. A slight annoyance and nothing more. The real problem is the utter magnitude of OOS errors that occur, compared to 2.91, which do not automatically fix themselves. It is consistent from game to game, the only extra mod we us is the Leaderhead pack 2. This issue is repeatable every time. Sadly, the game is not playable in multi (direct IP connection) due to this.

19. Azazell

Azazell Chieftain

When I step into a Village, I don't see any information about gold or technology, etc :/ Is this a bug ?

(I Have ROM 2.92 )

20. BumpInTheNight

BumpInTheNight Chieftain

+1 that's been happening in my games too.