Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

V2.92 has now Better BtS AI 1.01b, BULL 1.1, Unofficial Patch 1.50+ included... this merge caused whole lot of changes to all kinds of files, schemas too and once again all leaderheads need updates (new victory modifiers) so all leader modules will need updating...

Edit: There's also 15% speed improvement to turn times

That sounds impressive, zappara. Trying to get v2.91 running again now, somehow AND messed up performance.

Checkek your logs. There was some python script errors from RoM_Custom_Continents mapscript but when I tested the same mapscript on my computer, it works alright without errors. Second thing in your logs was that there is line: VERSION: Mod Loaded: none. Now for some reason your BtS thinks that it hasn't any mod loaded - in that line there should be Rise of Mankind mentioned. Everything else seems to be ok in the logs... so I'm not sure why the mod is not working correctly in your computer. Few things you could try:

1. delete whole mod folder and reinstall mod
2. check that My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets -folder doesn't have any files (though RoM should ignore any mods installed to custom assets anyway but they might cause some trouble...)
3. hold down shift button when mod is loading to clear out BtS cache
4. if those don't help, try reinstalling BtS 3.19 patch (in-game patcher doesn't apply it correctly, have to be patched manually).

In most cases where the mod crashes just when you start generating the map the cause has been incorrect BtS version but since you already got the right version, it's odd that there's crashes at that point...

I reinstalled both the mod and BTS. I patched it first to 3.17, then 3.19. Then in installed the mod again, and I also set my graphics to low settings, and it's still crashing. It's still giving me the Microsoft Visual C++ error (runtime error). I tried playing the mod on Huge maps, but haven't really tested it on the other sizes, seeing as I think my computer is able to handle it. Anything else I can do to make this work?

Edit: I've just tested it again (on smartmap), this time I changed the map size to "Standard", and it loaded fine. I have no idea why it's doing this. Any ideas?

Edit: Okay, and NOW it's giving me MAF errors! WTF?! I have 4 gigs of RAM in this thing! How can I put more memory into the game, or so that it has more access to it?

V2.92 has now Better BtS AI 1.01b, BULL 1.1, Unofficial Patch 1.50+ included... this merge caused whole lot of changes to all kinds of files, schemas too and once again all leaderheads need updates (new victory modifiers) so all leader modules will need updating...

Edit: There's also 15% speed improvement to turn times

Wait... how are you adding BBAI 1.0? Glider1 said that RevDCM 2.721 don't have BBAI 1.0, but RevDCM 2.8 will. So how come? Curious :).

I reinstalled both the mod and BTS. I patched it first to 3.17, then 3.19. Then in installed the mod again, and I also set my graphics to low settings, and it's still crashing. It's still giving me the Microsoft Visual C++ error (runtime error). I tried playing the mod on Huge maps, but haven't really tested it on the other sizes, seeing as I think my computer is able to handle it. Anything else I can do to make this work?

Edit: I've just tested it again (on smartmap), this time I changed the map size to "Standard", and it loaded fine. I have no idea why it's doing this. Any ideas?
Hmm, I guess trying the minimum settings is one thing that you could try. At least it helps to narrow down the possible causes. Or try one of the scenarios that are bundled with RoM, standard size preferably - if they work, then it might be some odd bug in map generation (scenarios are pre-made maps).

RoM is completely unplayable for myself and my mate in multiplayer. I have tried everything in terms of reducing map size, reduce amount of civs, disabling some of the RoM sub-mods, it doesn't matter... Still get a OOS error popping up every 4-6 turns in. I have noticed it says, "Out of Sync (code) then Options-(code)", as I don't remember seeing options being part of the oos error before.

Regardless multiplayer is off limits for us. Singleplay it works fine, I've only encountered the known minor bugs but I would really like to play this online...

Any help is appreciated.

Well, I've just did another test, with the Smartmap option, and I turned the options from high to a lower setting, and it's still giving me problems.

I keep getting the Microsoft Visual C++ error. I'm thinking I need a program installed to make this work. I don't think this has anything to do with memory unless I set it up to the highest settings.

Edit: I'm starting to think it is the stupid map generator that's causing the problem. I'm thinking it wants some extra program to make it work or something. The smartmap in LoR is giving me the same stupid "Microsoft Visual C++ Error". I think it needs something else installed that I currently don't have installed.

@Xydonus

v2.92 will have some improvements to multiplayer mode. By the way, which RoM version are you using?

I am using 2.91, the latest, and a clean install for both parties since we never had RoM before.

Edit: I'm starting to think it is the stupid map generator that's causing the problem. I'm thinking it wants some extra program to make it work or something. The smartmap in LoR is giving me the same stupid "Microsoft Visual C++ Error". I think it needs something else installed that I currently don't have installed.

I think only those map scripts starting with RoM_ in their name work with RoM because of the extra terrain types.

Edit: Looks like I am wrong about Smartmap not working in RoM. However some of the options may cause problems.

I think only those map scripts starting with RoM_ in their name work with RoM because of the extra terrain types.

And I already said I'm using the ROM_(mapname) maps in the list when I go to "Multiplayer" and "LAN" games. Unless I'm supposed to be using some other way of doing this.

The problem has to do something with that "Microsoft Visual C++" error I keep getting. I think the map generater's bugged or something.

I think i just read Afforess said that BAI 1.0 had some bad 'waiting for players' and CTD bugs. Does 1.01b fix those?

So this is happening when you are trying to MP? I don't think you mentioned Multiplayer before. And I assumed you were just trying Single Player games.

Microsoft Visual C++ is a DirectX problem If I recall Correctly.

Have you tried to re install the DirectX version that came with BtS CD? It's a slightly different version of the standard 9.0c that was out when BtS came out.

Also you may need to check your video cards drivers.

Your 4GB of ram should be enough to play RoM2.91.

Also try setting up a Single player game without the Map Generator. I only used it once had a bit of trouble with it and have never used it since.

JosEPh

So this is happening when you are trying to MP? I don't think you mentioned Multiplayer before. And I assumed you were just trying Single Player games.

Microsoft Visual C++ is a DirectX problem If I recall Correctly.

Have you tried to re install the DirectX version that came with BtS CD? It's a slightly different version of the standard 9.0c that was out when BtS came out.

Also you may need to check your video cards drivers.

Your 4GB of ram should be enough to play RoM2.91.

Also try setting up a Single player game without the Map Generator. I only used it once had a bit of trouble with it and have never used it since.

JosEPh

I have DirectX11 installed on this machine. And I checked the driver updates on Nvidia yesterday too, they haven't been updated since April 13th or so.

Edit: I installed the DirectX9 from the BTS cd as you just mentioned, and it seemed to copy a bunch of files over. I'll go see if this fixed it. Hoping it works.

Edit: Nope, no go. Just tried Smartmap and it still gives me the error.

As a test just try RoM_Archipelago from the RoM start game setup page.

Do Not use Map generator at all. Do not try MP, only single player Custom game.

Try 7 AI and your Empire choice, Epic speed, and see if that starts.

JosEPh

As a test just try RoM_Archipelago from the RoM start game setup page.

Do Not use Map generator at all. Do not try MP, only single player Custom game.

Try 7 AI and your Empire choice, Epic speed, and see if that starts.

JosEPh

Alright. I did as asked. I set the map size to Standard. I put on RoM_Archipelago with 7 AI's, Epic speed. I don't see any map generator with this setting, so I'm assuming it doesn't really use it, unlike Smartmap. Anyway, I put on the settings you recommended in Singleplayer, and it crashed. Although it might have been due to the other settings on the left that I checked/unchecked. Are there ANY of those settings that would give it problems? Like "Advanced Start" and so on?

I have installed RoM 2.91 along with AND 1.73 (and Patch J). None of the wonder movies are playing for me, except Arc of the Covenant. I searched but didn't find an answer to this problem. (I do not have the "No Movies" option checked.) When I discover a religion, these movies are playing. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know how to fix it?

I have installed RoM 2.91 along with AND 1.73 (and Patch J). None of the wonder movies are playing for me, except Arc of the Covenant. I searched but didn't find an answer to this problem. (I do not have the "No Movies" option checked.) When I discover a religion, these movies are playing. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know how to fix it?

This query should have been in the AND forum. However, first make sure that the last (or very near last) entry in the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file in the Modules folder is :-

Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>WonderMovies</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

Top Bottom