Rise of Rome revisited...

Originally posted by donsig
Your half hour is taking a long time Ohwell...
Now now don't have to be sarcastic. He's probably just lost in a time warp. :lol: Or something came up.
Maybe his comp and/or connection broke down. Seems to remember Ohwell's having problems logging onto the net.

Mini-Update

I'm tired, homework calls ;) More to follow...(pardon the lame story :(

50AD - Our Mighty Legions march northbound along the river to our once glorious city of Pisae.

70AD - Death to Sparta! Two Magnificent Legions charge through the forests to the gates of Sparta, Greek stronghold! A Hoplite stares us down...

90AD - Warlord Hippo brutally beats insolent governor for attempting to begin production of a Spearmen over a MIGHT LEGIONAIRE :D Other governors take note...and caution. Sparta is charged, but after murderous hours Hippo orders a retreat, with half the assault units gone! A Muscular Legion trots north and cuts off a potential supply route so that no more smart-@$$ Hoplites can spoil our fun.

110AD - Resistance in Delphi ends! (Analysts credit Hippos offer of a free month's worth of satellite TV!) (Little do the peasents know that he also passed a crippling satellite tax only hours earlier! MWAHAHAHA!) Treacherous Greek archers are slain in our bloodstained eastern pastures.

130AD Pisae reclaimed! No resistance put forth by puny Greek militia :p

150AD - "LET US SEND FORTH OUR MIGHTY LEGIONS THAT THEY MIGHT SHEATH THEIR SWORDS INTO THE BEATING HEARTS OF OUR ENEMIES!!!" Bellows Hippo! First, we'll need more of them, and an empire-wide 'Build One Legion, get a second one FREE' policy is instituted. (Sans applicable production taxes! :eek: )

170AD - But first, decides Hippo in a rare moment of thought, let us smoke the peace pipe with our Greek neighbours, and extort the crap out of them while we're at it! Monotheism and The Republic are handed over in exchange for our removal of Macho Legions from their territory. The soldiers march two tiles back...where they join an incoming hoarde. The Backstab is truly an art, reflects Hippo, cackling machivialianly...

:)

I dub thee 'Hippo the Treacherous'. Can't wait to see what it looks like. Please post the save game!

Reminder: SkidiWili or Knight-Dragon is next - whoever shows up first - just post so we know who is playing!:)

Hippo, it'll be very helpful if you can at least load up your game first before you log off, no?

Anyway, I can't be playing within the next 24 hrs so if anyone wants to jump in front of me, pls do so. That includes you, donsig ;) since you're so eager to fight some Greeks (cos I am at the head of the queue IIRC so can drop downwards this next turn).

I think Hippo's 'ten' are up. Guess he couldn't find the file. He said to replay his turns. SkidiWili hasn't posted in quite awhile.

It is now your turn Knight-Dragon! Of course it's now the middle of the night on the other side of the world.

Oyvay...:(

Originally posted by Knight-Dragon

Anyway, I can't be playing within the next 24 hrs so if anyone wants to jump in front of me, pls do so. That includes you, donsig ;)

Donsig...you can go if ya want! :)

I'm at work right now so I can't play.:(

Knight-Dragon posted that message yesterday so he may be available to play. Oh wait, he's probably at work. I can play when I get home tonight (six or seven hours from now...):(

woah, you're working?? are you in New York?? its nearly 6:30pm!!

Yeah, I work till 10 or 11 pm. University library - it stays open till 3am (that's even later than the bars:crazyeyes )

I think we could use another steady player or two here so this game doesn't die out.

I am at 'work' right now. Anyone, pls go ahead with my blessings. :D I'll play in another 10-12 hrs so up till then, you can sneak in your turn ..... :p

Note - I don't know who is it but stop irrigating when we're a despotism. We ain't gonna benefit fr irrigated tiles anyway til we get monarchy. ;) Build mines and roads instead, even on grasslands.

Hightlights of my reign : -

AD 150 Captured Sparta. Greek hoplites are no match for Roman steel. :D Oh, and also Pisae.

AD 260 Linked up Athens to our empire. Barbs attked Pisae but were repulsed. Filthy ppl but we're too busy to deal with them yet.

AD 280 Building the Great Library in Rome. Only 40 turns ......

AD 290 Captured Thermopylae, the Greek capital. And 2 workers.

End

Note - Build barracks in Veii. Didn't notice we are churning out reg legionaires fr that city .... ;)

300 AD: Salamanca built Great Library.

310 AD: Egypt built Great Wall, England built Hanging Gardens.

340-410 AD: Lost 5 legions assaulting Mycanae. Thermopylae lost and recaptured. Legions rebuilt.

420 AD: Sumerians in north finally subdued.

440 AD: Lose one more leagion in large battle of Sparta Forest. One English archer invader still alive. Sparta emptied of defenders to protect workers finishing road to Sparta.

Just call me Quinctilius Varus. I probably also built too many roads and not enough mines.:( We just got monarchy and started on engineering.

Knight-Dragon is up. (BTW - I played 15 turns.)

EDIT: Knight-Dragon played before me, so jc011 is up!

Do you mean I'm up???

I can't play though, I don't have the patch yet, I'm on XP :(

Originally posted by jc011
Do you mean I'm up???

I can't play though, I don't have the patch yet, I'm on XP :(
What do you mean? The patch works fine with xp. :confused:

Otherwise, it'll Ohwell's turn.

Top Bottom