• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rise of the Daimyo

I see the Mori refugees are crowding the Date also. Something must be done.

gps to Calis.

It is time for WAR!

The Uesugi are sorry to end the long friendship with the Mori. You are too arrogant, Daimyo Lanzelot. You bring your pregnant peasants in to steal from our rice paddies, then you dare to tell the Daimyo of this proud land what to do. The time has come for war.

We see your men, your towns, and your ship along the coast. Do not dare to advance or have your people disembark from your ship. You have already taken too many chances. Now your people will pay for your mistake. Good-bye, my friend. If we capture you, we will burn you with honor.

West of Fuji
Samurai Archer 4/4 vs Yamabushi 5/5 = Yamabushi 2/5
SA 4/4 vs Yamabushi 2/5 = Yamabushi 1/5 retreating from SA 4/4
Mounted Samurai 4/4 kills Yama 1/5
MS 4/4 captures Settler and turns it into 2 Workers
Yama 4/4 captures unmanned New Matsue and then New Yanago.

Attachments

• shogun2.jpg
    shogun2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 179
  • Bow Monk.jpg
    Bow Monk.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 178
  • dusk battle.jpg
    dusk battle.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 173
Calis, did you get the save I sent 3 days ago?

We follow our friends of the Uesugi and declare war on the evil, rabbit-like expanding Mori.

New Iwakuni:

5/5 Mounted Samurai vs. 4/4 Yamabushi --> 1/5 Mounted Samurai
5/5 horseman vs. 4/4 Samurai Archer --> 1/5 horseman retreats from 2/4 Samurai Archer
4/4 Mounted Samurai vs. 2/4 Samurai Archer --> 4/4 Mounted Samurai
(town autorazes and we capptured a settler, more brood)

Yamabushi captures another settler and gets two more slaves

Mounted Samurai captures a worker

GPS to Xakzen...

Daimyo Xakzen continues his war with the Ronin near Odawara:

Daimyo 4/4 vs Ronin (2/2) -> Daimyo (4/4)
Horseman (4/5) vs Ronin (2/2) -> Horseman (4/5)
Horseman (5/5) vs Ronin (2/2) -> Horseman (3/5)

gps -> Lancelot

Daimyo Lanzelot shakes his head in sorrow and disappointment. He doesn't feel anger, only pity for his old friend. How can a once honorable Daimyo have fallen so deep and become a traitor and a cowardly murderer of innocent peasants, women and babies. This outrageous burning down of peaceful villages without a proper declaration of war that would have given these people a chance to retreat into the safety of their country cries up to heaven! After a week of mourning, the Mori Samurais will mount their horses and come to take bitter revenge.

That Daimyo Calis would readily join such treachery was to be expected, and the Mori Samurais have been prepared to counter this aggression immediately. The First Mounted Battalion arrives on the scene of the unspeakable crimes and is ready to show the yellow Date Samurais that even though the Mori love arts and music, they do know how to wield a sharp sword. Let's see whether the Date are as "brave", when they have to fight Samurais rather than women and children!

Daimyo Lanzelot

Daimyo Lanzelot shakes his head in sorrow and disappointment. He doesn't feel anger, only pity for his old friend. How can a once honorable Daimyo have fallen so deep and become a traitor and a cowardly murderer of innocent peasants, women and babies. This outrageous burning down of peaceful villages without a proper declaration of war that would have given these people a chance to retreat into the safety of their country cries up to heaven! After a week of mourning, the Mori Samurais will mount their horses and come to take bitter revenge.
Daimyo Lanzelot

:rolleyes: Just more Mori lies and misinformation.....

The only people to have died in our totally honorable military advance were your senior military advisors. They must have had heart attacks when they heard the new cities they left totally undefended were captured by my troops. We killed none of your peasants. We took control of your cities peacefully and brought them into the Uesugi fold, making them citizens. Nothing was burned, no one was killed. We declared war and went in. Nothing dishonorable about our actions, as opposed to the constant taking of our lands by you. Sending your peasants out as test bait is not a sign of a good ruler. But fear not. We will show our new citizens what that means.

gps to Calis.

Daimyo Xakzen continues his war with the Ronin near Odawara:

catapult bombards Ronin -> Ronin (1/2)
Daimyo 4/4 vs Ronin (2/2) -> Daimyo (4/4)
Horseman (2/5) vs Ronin (1/2) -> Horseman (4/5)

gps -> Lancelot

First battle report from the glorious Mori Army:

Near Todoga:
MS (4/4) vs Yamabushi (4/4): Yamabushi (2/4)
MS (4/4) vs Yamabushi (2/4): MS (4/4), Date settler enslaved

MS liberates 3 Mori peasants. The troops were very relieved to still find them alive. So the Mori aren't as brute as first rumors had it.

Todoga burned down. The Mori Samurai tried their best to preserve that village, but the inhabitants set fire on it themselves... :dunno:

On the peaceful side: Mori architects build another strange building. First critics say it was influenced by the so-called "Dodge City Style", whatever that might be...

Daimyo Lanzelot

Todoga burned down. The Mori Samurai tried their best to preserve that village, but the inhabitants set fire on it themselves... :dunno:

Daimyo Lanzelot

:rolleyes: Yeah, sure. And you have some swamp land you want to sell us...

NOTHING came through in your email, Lanzelot. Please resend.

Nope.

I have no problem with anyone else's emails. You may have a virus or you may be sending me malware. I don't know. I just know that your's are the only emails that do not appear on my screen.

Try sending it to someone else and have them send it to me.

I'm sending .savs to about a dozen players, but you are the only one who has these problems. You must have a virus or some malware... :p

Did you check your spam filter?!
I attach it here for now.

I'm sending .savs to about a dozen players, but you are the only one who has these problems. You must have a virus or some malware... :p

Did you check your spam filter?!
I attach it here for now.
And I receive emails from 5 sources at this address, but yours are the only ones that give me trouble. They wouldn't be in my junk mail, as I can see the emails w/attachments in my "in-box" list. When I click on them, they fail to open, just showing a back page. :rolleyes: Yeah, thanks for the virus and the malware.

I hate having my save posted in the thread. Try sending it to someone else and have them send it to me.

The Uesugi now understand the Mori assumption of others burning down their village around them. When the Uesugi sent a peaceful Mounted Samurai into undefended New Onemichi, the Mori people did just that. I must tell you now, Daimyo Lanzelot, just because it is a Mori tradition, doesn't mean everyone else does it. ;)

@ Between the Chairs...
4/4 Samurai Archer vs 5/5 Yamabushi = 4/5 Yama
4/4 Mounted Samurai vs 4/5 Yama = 3/5 Yama
4/4 Mounted Samurai vs 3/5 Yama = 2/5 Yama
* It may be 2/4 Yama, don't remember, but it only has 2 points left. :( We will return....

gps to Calis.

Top Bottom