(Rising Tides) Hybrid-Affinities

The funny thing is: they already did a re-colour for embarked units. Same model but painted in the affinity colours. It adds a nice little bit of atmosphere.

I don't understand why they didn't do that at least for the trade units, colonists and perhaps workers - and then do the same for the affinity units. Not brilliant, but good enough, in my opinion.

Yeah, it is good enough. Not perfect, but enough. I kind of wish they did it for small icons like the farm buildings and such.

The funny thing is: they already did a re-colour for embarked units. Same model but painted in the affinity colours. It adds a nice little bit of atmosphere.

I don't understand why they didn't do that at least for the trade units, colonists and perhaps workers - and then do the same for the affinity units. Not brilliant, but good enough, in my opinion.

That would be fine with me, honestly. You don't have the change the models, but at least change colors so when you get to late game, improvements and trade units don't still have that early game white-striped red color scheme.

i hope they will make hybrid basic units upgrades for every basic units.
if they just take one perk from every af. and take numbers from pure upg. (dragoon and Dreadnought for P/H and S/P for ship/cav and etc.) it's just need new models.
also will be nice to see new perks for Carrier with hybrid upgrades.
and in dreams something special for explorer like upgrades with uniq features
Spoiler :
also my first post :goodjob::thumbsup:

tooltip the IGN live stream going on right now:

Drone Cage (unlocked at Autonomous Systems)
Cost 265
Move 2
Strength 22
Required 1 firaxite
Requires level 3 supremacy AND level 3 purity
Supremacy-Purity Hybrid unit
An elite soldier-medic assisted by multipurpose servant drones that autonomously heal adjacent wounded units each turn. Versatile support unit

Cool, so these guys are S/P's initial tier, similar to Battlesuits, Xeno Swarms, and CNDR.

Though, I really want to learn more about the Throne and what they came up with for it!

Does anybody remember what affinity levels were required for the Immortal; was is 4H/4P? If so, then it would make the Architect the 1st Tier unit for the Harmony/Purity Hybrid, correct?

So If I'm not mistaken, that would make the unit progression something like:

Architect -> Immortal -> Throne
Drone Cage -> Autosled -> Golem
Geliopod -> Nano Hive -> Aquillon

I'm struggling to find the post where I tried to find the tech branch each of these units was under.

Does anybody remember what affinity levels were required for the Immortal; was is 4H/4P? If so, then it would make the Architect the 1st Tier unit for the Harmony/Purity Hybrid, correct?

So If I'm not mistaken, that would make the unit progression something like:

Architect -> Immortal -> Throne
Geliopod -> Nano Hive -> Aquillon

The levels are conclusively and truly

Immortal - Architect -> Throne
Nanohive -> Geliopod -> Aquillon

based on what was shown in the IGN livestream today. First level unlocks at 3/3, and the autosled at least unlocks at 4/4, as might the Architect and Geliopod. No word on unlock requirements for the ultimates (unless the aforementioned 7/7 has a source I/m unaware of).

Furthermore, Immortal unlocks at Organics, Drone Cage unlocks at Autonomous Systems, Nano Hive unlocks at Collaborative thought, and Autosled unlocks at Bionics. No word on when the rest unlock (although a comb through of the tech tree for new units might give more hints)

The levels are conclusively and truly

Immortal - Architect -> Throne
Nanohive -> Geliopod -> Aquillon

based on what was shown in the IGN livestream today. First level unlocks at 3/3, and the autosled at least unlocks at 4/4, as might the Architect and Geliopod. No word on unlock requirements for the uniques (unless the aforementioned 7/7 has a source I/m unaware of).

Furthermore, Immortal unlocks at Organics, Drone Cage unlocks at Autonomous Systems, Nano Hive unlocks at Collaborative thought, and Autosled unlocks at Bionics. No word on when the rest unlock (although a comb through of the tech tree for new units might give more hints)

I couldn't remember what the Immortal unlocked at.

When you say "uniques", do you mean ultimates? Because all of these are uniques :mischief:

As I mentioned, When they showed the upgrade screen I tried to find the branch techs that they would fall under using their icons. But I cannot remember where that post went.

On second look through, when they filter units in todays video, I could see 5 techs are are left highlighted that didn't have units in base BE: Human Idealism, Biometallurgy, Bioengineering, Genetic Design, and Alien Hybridization. Granted, the filter includes orbital units, so these may not be the hybrid uniques, but if I had to hazard a guess based on the design of the tooltip (can't match to the upgrade screen on double check, the tooltips of units shown today are different), I would place the Aquillon at Biometallurgy (VERY thematic tech name, shape or tooltip seems a perfect match), The Golem at Human Idealism (Tooltip seems to be something stopping missiles, which ties into Golem's unique ability), Architect at Alien Hybridization (thematic tech, gives harmony, general shape of face is similar to the one for immortal), and Throne who knows where.

EDIT: Just realized what tooltips you were referring to - tech tooltips, not unti ones.

Found the branch techs and updated the list according to what you've provided here.

Harmony/Purity

Immortal: Organics Branch (Organics)

Architect: Transgenics Branch (Alien Hybridization)

Throne: Social Dynamics Branch (Human Idealism)

Purity/Supremacy

Drone Cage: Computing Branch (Autonomous Systems)

Autosled: Bionics Branch (Bionics)

Golem: Bioengineering Branch (Bioengineering)

Supremacy/Harmony

Geliopod: Transgenics Branch (Transgenics)

Nanohive: Cognition Branch (Collaborative Thought)

Aquilon: Bioengineering Branch (Biometallurgy)

Most of this is drawing lines between spread out information, so there is a huge possibility that I'm completely wrong.

I'm not sure what could be under Genetic Design. It doesn't match up with my notes unless of course they've changed something (which it totally possible).

Also, if you go the the album linked so kindly by /u/Cassadore on the /r/civbeyondearth reddit. You can look at the icons and see if they match what you saw on the tech web.

In that case, I would say Throne is Human Idealism leaf of Social Dynamics, Architect is Alien Hybridization leaf of Transgenics, Aquilon is Biometallurgy branch of Bioengerneering, Golem is just Bioengineering (which seems a buit weird, sharing a branch tech with another ultimate, and a bio-themed one for the non bio hybrid, but whatever. The Unit tooltip defeinitely fits), and geliopod at Transgeneics (also fitting shape of unit tooltip, also weird to be sharing with Architect).

So overall, assuming we're correct, the hybrid uniques go :
Immortal(3 Each, Organics) -> Architect (4 Each, Alien Hybridization -> Throne (7? each, Human Idealism)
Drone Cage (3 Each, Autonomous Systems) -> Autosled (4 Each, Bionics) -> Golem (7? Each, Bioengineering)
Nanohive (3 Each, Collaborative Thought) -> Geliopod (4 ach, Transgenics) -> Aquillon (7? Each, Biometallurgy)

Furthermore, brief tooltip screencap verifies that old hybrid building affinity levels are probably staying the same (IE LEV Plant was 5 Purity before, will stay 5 Purity)

In that case, I would say Throne is Human Idealism leaf of Social Dynamics, Architect is Alien Hybridization leaf of Transgenics, Aquilon is Biometallurgy branch of Bioengerneering, Golem is just Bioengineering (which seems a buit weird, sharing a branch tech with another ultimate, and a bio-themed one for the non bio hybrid, but whatever. The Unit tooltip defeinitely fits), and geliopod at Transgeneics (also fitting shape of unit tooltip, also weird to be sharing with Architect).

So overall, assuming we're correct, the hybrid uniques go :
Immortal(3 Each, Organics) -> Architect (4 Each, Alien Hybridization -> Throne (7? each, Human Idealism)
Drone Cage (3 Each, Autonomous Systems) -> Autosled (4 Each, Bionics) -> Golem (7? Each, Bioengineering)
Nanohive (3 Each, Collaborative Thought) -> Geliopod (4 ach, Transgenics) -> Aquillon (7? Each, Biometallurgy)

Furthermore, brief tooltip screencap verifies that old hybrid building affinity levels are probably staying the same (IE LEV Plant was 5 Purity before, will stay 5 Purity)

I finally managed to sit down and I'm watching the IGN let's play now. I think we've got the leaf techs down now. The units icons and the tech icons seem to match up with what I had logged before. Yay for deductive reasoning :D

I was hoping Supremacy-Harmony would be like a symbiosis of nature and machine, co-existing with the aliens but also using advanced machines. Instead they seem like a monstrous plague of abominations of flesh and metal, which is still cool.

I was hoping Supremacy-Harmony would be like a symbiosis of nature and machine, co-existing with the aliens but also using advanced machines. Instead they seem like a monstrous plague of abominations of flesh and metal, which is still cool.

Harmony can still use machines, though genetics and bioengineering are their favored fields of study.

Harmony can still use machines, though genetics and bioengineering are their favored fields of study.

If I might put in my two cents, all of the affinities use machines. The difference is how independent they are. With Purity and Harmony, there is no versatility to the machines - they are essentially advanced tools, where they are put into specific situations and do specific things. Supremacy, on the other hand, starts to buck this by creating full fledged AI and allows them complete freedom to behave.

Iterations of this are seen in Mastery (Purity/Supremacy), and Ferocity (Supremacy/Harmony). Mastery allows a lot more adaptability to their machines, making them robots capable of multiple purposes, but still limits them by making them drones, requiring constant human operation to function with the same range as a Supremacy machine. Ferocity in the mean time seems to be focused on blurring the line between what is machine and what is organic. Machines are given a lot of freedom to operate, as a result of being directly interfaced with a meat brain (personally, I'd like to also see evidence of Ferocity creating machines that function with animal-like AI, making for yet another distinction with Supremacy that still ties in nicely to Harmony).

Yes, of course they all use machines.

I agree that "smart" or sentient AI is a rather Supremacy thing.

If I might put in my two cents, all of the affinities use machines. The difference is how independent they are. With Purity and Harmony, there is no versatility to the machines - they are essentially advanced tools, where they are put into specific situations and do specific things. Supremacy, on the other hand, starts to buck this by creating full fledged AI and allows them complete freedom to behave.

Iterations of this are seen in Mastery (Purity/Supremacy), and Ferocity (Supremacy/Harmony). Mastery allows a lot more adaptability to their machines, making them robots capable of multiple purposes, but still limits them by making them drones, requiring constant human operation to function with the same range as a Supremacy machine. Ferocity in the mean time seems to be focused on blurring the line between what is machine and what is organic. Machines are given a lot of freedom to operate, as a result of being directly interfaced with a meat brain (personally, I'd like to also see evidence of Ferocity creating machines that function with animal-like AI, making for yet another distinction with Supremacy that still ties in nicely to Harmony).

Question? Are Ferocity and Mastery official names? Because I like them. What's Purity-Harmony called?

Question? Are Ferocity and Mastery official names? Because I like them. What's Purity-Harmony called?

They are not official. They are names that some of us have taken to using. I've been using Ferocity/Voracity for Supremacy/Harmony, Mastery for Purity/Supremacy (though I'm looking of a new name.

For Harmony/Purity I like Ascendancy.

Top Bottom