Risk Game - Sign Up / Interest?

:scan: Hmm interesting. My Muhadjeddin warriors are clearly surrounded by the deadly pink fluffy army! But we will fight them in the streets! :ar15:

I just realized I overlooked a very important detail!!!

What kind of game are we playing, what are the winning conditions?

We can play the classic domination victory conditions (60%, 80% or 100%). This will take longer though than some other variants.

There is the mission Risk variant, where each player has their own secret objectives to complete (first to do so wins). I don't know them all off the top of my head, but a simple google will give you an idea.

We can also play the Capital Risk variant. Each player picks a capital (one of their beginning territories) secretly before the first round and the capitals are revealed during the first game turn. To win you would need to capture 2-4 of the other capitals (while still retaining your own) to win.

I'm glad I remembered this before we started the first real round of game because each type of victory requires different strategy.

So I'll let you guys choose. Personally I am leaning towards Capital Risk, capture 2 other capitals and keep your own to win. I don't want this game to go on for a long time, hopefully if this goes well we can play a second game, mix it up a bit.

Lemme know :)

Yeah, it's not that I've lost interest or anything, but this is kind of a trial by fire. I have no idea how smooth things are going to be for organization or if there are things I've overlooked (as evidenced in my last post). A shorter game will help me work out the kinks for a potentially better rematch :)

I can give everyone a secret mission, but if you want/request to make your mission to capture other players' capitals you can request it.

So you would all still need to pick capitals, but you won't know who or how many of your opponents even care about 'em. If you don't request a capital mission, I'll just give a standard mission.

Anyways, here is a to do list:
1) Pick victory conditions
---1a) Pick capitals if applicable (send with deployment orders)
2) 3 more players' deployment orders.

I think we are going to go with Capital Risk. So those of you who haven't sent me orders or their choice of capital territory, please do so. Some players still have not submitted their orders yet.

And feel free to drop out of the game if you find yourself too busy with more important things :) Believe me I understand, I've flaked on a couple of things in the past. An army that loses its commander will just be "neutral" territories that can still be attacked, but will never go on offense (I'll still place their reinforcements though).

Anyways, carry on, please submit orders :)

UPDATE

Round 1 - Reinforcement Phase

0) Stars represent player capitals.
1) PM's will be sent informing players how many units they receive this round.
2) Respond to the PM with where you would like your reinforcements.
3) An updated map will be revealed once all players submit orders.
4) Battle Phase will begin after map update.
5) Remember that there is no "Diplomacy Phase," because I assume that negotiations are handled between players behind the scenes.

EDIT/UPDATE/REMINDER

I'm not going to enforce one of the official rules I put in the OP. Officially, a player has a limit to the number of reinforcements that can be placed per territory (based on surrounding territories). But since this game is a my first, I won't be a stickler about it.
Also, I want to repeat that the objective for this game is to capture 2 enemy capitals and retain your own, for an entire round.

Ukraine seems a bit under-defended! :lol:

Attachments

• What_Could_Go_Wrong.jpg
    What_Could_Go_Wrong.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 68
This might be a quicker game than it could have been, the capitals all look relatively close to one another.

Round 1 - Reinforcement Phase Field Report

Battle Phase

1) Please submit invasion orders in simple/straight-forward language. Identify the territory units are coming from, which territory the units are invading, and the number of units you are committing.

2) Remember that you can invade as many adjacent territories from a single territory as you want. But you can never leave a territory with less than one unit! You can also combine armies from more than one territory as a MASS INVASION!

3) Units are committed once an invasion has begun, there are no retreats, and there is no mercy :p

4) If you have any questions about rules, battle resolution or this phase, please feel free to ask. PM me, or if you feel a question/answer would benefit others, ask in the thread (if you feel I haven't explained something well enough, I could be overlooking something :D )

EDIT
Tip: If you are wondering about where other players reinforced their territories, you can download the two maps and alt-tab between them in full screen, this makes it obvious where the numbers change :D (You can also do this by looking/switching between them in browser tabs)

Hmm interesting tactic civplayah, this is going to turn ugly for one, or both of us :(

Quick question:

You are obviously going to get an updated map showing the change of territory ownership and garrisons, but would you also prefer to have a 2nd one with arrows representing the invasions (pre-combat resolution)? Otherwise you would have to look at the before and after maps and figure out what the heck happened. Or I could just write it up and present it as text in a field report. Another map would mean it would take longer for an update (not that much I guess), but if no one will give a dam, than I won't bother (and just provide written field reports) :)

Top Bottom