RK15 - Santa Bismarck

Ah, that's too bad. Well, I will wait a few days to see if any of the others show up... if not I'll wrap this up some time this week or over the weekend and post a final report/save.

IT, 1540AD:

Well, we are planning a backstab on Charlie. I will keep an eye out on his forces and how he's doing in the war against Lincoln. Our cavalry will heal and then head out to take some of his cities. We'll see what happens.

1565AD:

Still gathering cavalry. At this point I'm ALT-queueing them in basically every city we have. Charles is still bombarding the defences of his first American target even though he has tons of units there and Lincoln only four. By the time he's done with this we should have a giant cavalry stack to take out his own. Workers are automated to build a road network, don't care anymore.

1575AD:

Stack's ready...

...but I actually lost Charlie's stack position. Somewhere in America I guess. Will go looking for it since I want to eliminate it on turn 1. Lincoln's forces were busy taking one of Hatty's cities - useless when Charlie's breathing down his neck.

1590AD:

Sweet, Charles is going to take Hatty's old city back from Lincoln.

He will win against Lincoln's stack for sure, but will hopefully lose some units. Our stack can then move in and wipe him out immediately.

1595AD:

Worked beautifully:

Charlie's stack is gone.

1625AD:

We take Mainz and Bombay.

1630AD:

Delhi.

1635AD:

Prague.

1640AD:

Aachen.

1645AD:

Vijayanagara.

1655AD:

Vienna. Shame Gandhi and Hatty are voluntarily vassaled to Charles, otherwise they could've broken free by now maybe, and we could have capitulated them separately. As it stands I suppose we'll have to keep taking cities until we reach the domination threshold.

Here's the situation at the moment:

Holy Rome:

India:

1665AD:

Augsburg.

1670AD:

Ulm.

1675AD:

Trier.

1680AD:

Pisa. Getting a little boring now, maybe I can wrap this up with an AP victory.

1685AD:

We win AP election and Gandhi renounces Charles' protection so I immediately capitulate him. Let's check the votes... we need about a 100 more. I'll just take some more Holy Roman cities, they're all high population and have Christianity.

1690AD:

Game crashes. I wonder where the last autosave is. 1680AD. That's okay, same things happen except now I save at 1685AD. Wonder if it will crash again... nope. And damn, Prague has four settled GGs, nice. Too late to make any use of, though.

We capture Nuremberg.

1700AD:

Hatty decides to go it alone so I take the opportunity to try and capitulate her by taking Byblos. No dice, though - it's the first Egyptian city we take in this war and she's not convinced just yet. Also decide to raise the culture slider to 20% to combat revolts and unhappiness. Actually, let me just automate all our cities to emphasize growth - might as well try to pump up the score a little.

1702AD:

Capitulate Charles after realizing that once Hatty's no longer his vassal he's much more willing to capitulate. He throws in Florence, too, which is nice. We are 6% short on land domination limit but have enough votes to win AP. Let's see what comes first; we can now send all of our cavalry at Hatty.

1710AD:

We capture Heliopolis. Next turn domination I think.

1712AD:

Yeah.

Santa has forced Christmas joy over the entire planet:

Power graph:

Statistics:

Score:

Overview of the world:

SANTA WINS

Attachments

• Santa Claus AD-1710.CivBeyondSwordSave
    579.6 KB · Views: 77
Well that worked about as well as I could have guessed or hoped. Looking back on it I bet Charlie was still pleased and therefore non an acceptable target, but if the computer can average among vassal I say we can too and therefore that bastard had to die.

It's too bad that this game really broke up towards the end, though I guess it was pretty much won after we got Rifling eons ahead of our competition, yet we never did make it to coal :p

Well that worked about as well as I could have guessed or hoped. Looking back on it I bet Charlie was still pleased and therefore non an acceptable target, but if the computer can average among vassal I say we can too and therefore that bastard had to die.

Yeah, I realized this myself after I finished playing. To be honest I almost always forgot about this rule even in the previous sets I played and Meatbuster wasn't around to keep us in check this time so hey, rules got broken. :)

Top Bottom