Road and river movement bug

TiitTiitus

Chieftain
Hello!

I have a road movement bug with Test of Time where units treat roads and rivers as railroads (unlimited movement). I have the TOTPP patch and the official Test of Time English patch downloaded. Can anybody offer their assistance? Thanks in advance!

Hi TiitTiitus,

This is from @tootall_2012 's guide to ToTPP.

Basically if you go into your rules and either change @COSMIC2 (if it exists) or create it to say the following, it should clear this up for you:

MovementMultipliers, 1
RailroadMultiplier, -1
RoadMultiplier, 1, 3
RiverMultiplier, 1, 3
AlpineMultiplier, 1, 3

Movement multipliers: Allows configuration of the cost of movement along railroads, roads and rivers as well as the movement cost for units with the alpine flag..
These multipliers are configured using the @COSMIC2 keys 'RailroadMultiplier', 'RoadMultiplier', 'RiverMultiplier' and 'AlpineMultiplier' and can be enabled individually.They take 2 values, the first needs to be set to 1 to enable the multiplier, while the second value determines the movement cost. E.g. setting 'RailroadMultiplier' to 1, 6 means a unit can move 6 tiles along a railroad for 1 movement point. Setting the movement value to 0 means the movement cost of the underlying terrain is used, setting it to -1 means movement is unlimited.
In game, all enabled movement multipliers are combined into an aggregate movement multiplier (exactly their least common multiple). This number multiplied by the movement rate from @UNITS must be less than 256 for each unit. You'll get a friendly warning when this limit is exceeded.
Note: the key 'MovementMultipliers' used in previous versions is now deprecated, but the patch still respects it, so scenarios with the old configuration will still work.

I've added @COSMIC2 with the multipliers to my Rules.txt but road movement is still unlimited. I have the latest TOTPP patch and I'm running it in Windows XP Service Pack 3 mode.

Hmm. When you first load up ToTPP, do you have all the options checked? I think there is one for the multiplier. Try unchecking it and seeing what happens and then rechecking it.

Are you encountering the bug in a scenario build or the regular game?

This seems to be a bug introduced in the latest @TheNamelessOne ToTPP v0.15.1. Roads don't incur movement cost when "movement multipliers" option is enabled. This bug doesn't happen in v0.14.x or v0.15.0.

I unchecked the RoadMultiplier modifier and the game works fine now. Thank you!
I had to do this as well. At first I thought it was something special about ToT, since I've only played MGE. You can exploit it bigtime though, since explorers and alpine troops get infinite movement. Also I could use enemy roads as railroads which I also exploited, thinking it was meant to be that way (before I discovered infinite movement). Feels a bit bad in retrospect :)

Top Bottom