Road cutting...

I am tired of messing around with Shaka. From now on, when he is my neighbor, I am going to plot to kill him from turn #1. Today, he built a city far from his capital to jam me and get the copper. He then had workers build a long road to connect this city to his capital.

I sent two war chariots to destroy this road, and when he sent two workers to rebuild it, I declared war, took the two workers, and cut the road. That is a nice way to start a war.

Even if you are not going to war, road cutting will slow development of his city and keep his workers occupied rebuilding the road every turn instead of doing something else. If he doesn't have much culture or if it is a long road, this can go on for a long time.:)

I played a tight (18 civs on duel) game once where a ai settled a city with just enough of a gap between to let me squeeze a warrior in there.
For about 20t striaght he got no use out of his workers as I burnt the road each turn.

There's no reason not to do this every chance you get, with all the AIs whi arent your allies.

True, but I take it as a personal insult when they build a city right on my border and far from their own capital at the beginning of a game. 9 times out of 10 we end up in a war, so I cut his road right up to the start of the war. This ties up his workers and prevents him from bringing military reinforcements to this city once I declare.

Its a good plan. Shaka, Alex, and Washington love to crowd my shiz for whatever reason, and I oft make them pay for it. Shaka really is a weenus if you have axes... just destroy that jerk outright if he's your closest neighbor. He and Monty (and a couple others) are as good as dead if I find out they are my neighbors in 90% of my games with them.

I am tired of messing around with Shaka. From now on, when he is my neighbor, I am going to plot to kill him from turn #1.

I don't see the point of this thread. I know you always play Ramesses. If you got WC's, of course it is best to crush your neighbour, better if Shaka is the victim. If you don't have horses, I suppose you play a level where rushing him is almost always doable.

Top Bottom