1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocks 2 Rockets

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by God-Emperor, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

So it sounds like the game can't use more than 3 GB worth of RAM but if I were to stay on a 32 bit system then the chances of the game having a claim to a solid 3 GB will be less likely as a 32 bit system would not allocate the ram (between system processes and the game) in such a way as to allow it to do so, is this the proper understanding? Which is why I should go to a 64-bit system?

On a sidenote if that is the case could I implement the 3 gig switch on Windows 10 32 bit or any 32-bit version of windows for that matter to free up more ram for the game?

Yes bloating for windows has always been a problem. Is there some version of windows that is most efficient for these purposes or can't I just disable all these stupid features in win10 like Cortana, music etc.?

R7 240 Ddr3 by the way

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

My Win 10 pro x64, plus drivers, use about 1.8-2GB of RAM. It should me mentioned that I've disables a lot of win 10 specific features.
    I updated from Win 7 pro x64, three weeks ago, and I seem to remember it using a bit more RAM.
    Something that impressed me about the upgrade was that Win 10 uses about 20 GB less space on my drive than a fresh Win 7 did. This is very good for people like me who run the system on a 128 (Really 111) GB SSD.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yes you can turn off some of these Win 10 addons but it's a royal pain to dig down to where you can actually do it. I'm not sure if win 10 32 will allow it. I've turned some off with my win 10 64 pro.

I think the 3gb switch was designed 1st of XP and then adapted to win 7. I'm not sure but I think it's already built into win 10 32.

Under XP and win 7 I could go into Performance settings and set up a 2 to 8 GB page file. I have not done so for win 10 64. You vid card with 2GB DDR3 will help on the main ram usage too. The vid card graphics won't need to "borrow" from the Main ram as lower older vid cards did in the past.

Best thing to do is just get Civ IV Bts set up (and patched to 3.19 Official patch) on that comp and see how it plays. Then add Caveman2Cosmos and give it a try.

JosEPh

4. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

Are you saying go with windows 10 64 bit and install the game on that, while turning off a bunch of the bloat?

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

No. Instead of spending more money on Win 10 64 try the game on what you have already on that computer.

If it does not work (and I see no reason for it not to) then IF you want to spend your money on Win 10 64 then do it. But don't buy Win 10 64 Just for playing C2C. Is that clear?

JosEPh

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Presuming that your windows is activated, it's free to switch from 32 bit windows 10 to 64 bit windows 10.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Really when did this happen? One of my computers, that I got the free upgrade from win 7 home 32, was upgraded to only win 10 Home 32. My 2 other computers with win 7 64 Pro were upgraded to win 10 64 Pro.

How, where do I find this free switch to 10 64 for that 10 32 OS?

JosEPh

8. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

This is why I was asking if it's worth going to 64 bit because if you have a legit copy of 32 bit you can upgrade for free. You need to download the Windows media creation tool, download windows 10 iso which will contain both the 32-bit and 64-bit version's and then make a bootable image on a flash drive to install with. Keep in mind since you have a 32-bit OS you cannot just upgrade to 64 you will have to do a complete clean install and then reinstall all of your programs.

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I think it's been shown by the arguments here that it would probably be worth it, particularly before you start putting too much on there.

10. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

I have windows 10 32 bit home addition I just tried doing the PAE 3 Gb switch and it said it was already enabled and the usable ram was still only 3.25 GB out of 8 GB apparently it seems like they won't let that work in the home edition so I will have no choice but to upgrade to free up more ram.

11. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

The reason I tried the switch first was my programmer buddy told me it would run more efficiently on a 32 bit system with the switch enabled because the game is 32 bit but alas I will be moving forward with the 64-bit upgrade it seems. Now to track that version down.

12. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

These were the commands I used and at the end I also checked to see if PAE was enabled and it said it was, so apparently they don't let you do this at least in the home addition that is, assuming these commands are correct.

BCDEdit /set nx AlwaysOn
    BCDEdit /set pae ForceEnable
    BCDEdit /set increaseuserva 3072

13. Dr Roach

Dr Roach Chieftain

The .4 patch on modb is setting off my antivirus. Just FYI.

14. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

Are you talking about rocks 2 Rockets?

15. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

Or are you talking about the PAE patch? Everything windows these days seems to have potential threats in them. Coming from a Mac I hate using windows for anything outside this game.

16. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You can download the patch I believe. Hopefully by the end of the weekend (which may be a little overly optimistic at the moment) we'll have v37 released but we've had some sudden bug reports to address so I'm not sure if we'll hit the target deadline or not.

Sartre311 likes this.
  18. YouBigDummy

YouBigDummy Chieftain

The game has been crashing on me at very arbitrary points without any reason and once I reach the arbitrary point it doesn't matter how many times I reload it will crash. It isn't even consistent about what turn it crashes on is this a known issue with a patch fix?

19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Well it seems like that modmod is obsolete - on frontpage it uses c2c V29 dll as its core.
    Probably you are getting MAFs or something. How many GB of ram you have?
    8 GB of RAM is recommended - game won't have to compete with Windows over RAM.
    This game cant use more than 3 GB of memory

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  20. madkrank

madkrank Chieftain

I love C2C

but it's so bloated with pointless structures and techs and units.

is this trimmed version any better?

is this still being updated or what?