1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocks 2 Rockets

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by God-Emperor, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

I see, I win with fair ease on emperor, I'm a domination victory type of player. I was planning on moving on to immortal but with all of the new features of this mod I would probably try on emperor. I know you said it's a bit week strategically but would you say the AI is as good worse or better than BTS AI in terms of strategy, war, diplomacy etc. especially war as I will be spending a lot of time in battle? Trying to get a gauge at what level I should start with as I'd rather not start over once the game gets going to change difficulty levels.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

3. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

Hmm, so there's no other tweaks that I could do other than increasing the difficulty level to compensate for this? In other words I can't run Kmod alongside this and if I want a challenging AI I should just play Kmod without all the cool features or increase the difficulty level on this?

I guess what I'm getting at is is the AI at least not completely broken like it is in civ 6, will it still make competent decisions just not ideal ones because of all the plethora of considerations? I guess that's why am coming back to civ 4 which is the greatest game ever because civ 6 AI makes the game completely unplayable.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The AI is deficient in some areas but it doesn't stop the game from being fun and challenging. You'll have to play to see what I mean.

5. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

Ok sounds good, if I were to begin with v36 would I be able to later install v37 when it comes out and continue my saved game from v36?

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

No, there are save breaking changes.

7. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

I see, where do we go to check when v37 is released?

8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Erm... here
    More precisely, here.
    Not really sure what kind of answer you were expecting...

Sartre311 likes this.
  9. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

So I have an opportunity to buy this tower for $200 what do you guys think? Will this have any problems running C2C on a standard map, graphic settings set to high all the way through the galactic era to the end of the game with no trouble?

Cpu:Amd FX-4300 Quad Core @ base 3.8GHz overclock to 4 GHz
    Gpu:R7 200 low profile @2gbs vram
    Ram:6 Gbs of ddr3
    HDD:WD blue 500gb
    Psu:Evga 400 watt
    Case:Corsair carbide 100r silent edition
    Cpu cooler:Cooler master hyper 212 evo

10. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

So seemed like a pretty good deal and I had to jump on it so I did. The thing is it comes with a 32 bit windows 10 do you think it's worth upgrading to a 64-bit to get the most out of gameplay or will doing the 3gb switch suffice? Also will it run optimally on windows 10 or should I install an earlier version of windows?

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You probably won't need the switch. I assume that system should work pretty well. A little odd it's a 32 bit considering the rest of the system but it wouldn't matter with any CivIV as it uses a 32 bit core.

12. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

Would it hurt to do the switch just to free up the ram, doesn't windows limit your ram if you have access to more than 4 gigs on a 32 bit system?

I might just upgrade to 64 bit for the purposes of future proofing for other apps, would C2C run any better or any worse on a 64-bit system?

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not sure really.

14. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

Can civ 4 even use more than 4 gigs of RAM to begin with?

15. Noriad2

Noriad2 Chieftain

Frankly I don't understand why you want a 32 bit OS when the system supports 64 bit. As 32 bit can only use up to 4GB memory anyway (and less for C2C as the OS and drivers take some space) it would be a waste of 2 gigs of memory to stay on 32 bit win 10. Maybe I'm missing something?

16. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

No you've got everything right there, thank you. I just purchased this rig off of craigslist and for some reason it came with windows 10 32 bit so I wanted to see if implementing the 3 gig switch as used in vista and previous versions would free up the extra memory through running a simple script (if that could actually be done on windows 10 anymore that is) otherwise I would have to reinstall Windows 10 64 bit which would be a bit of more of a pain. However, what it sounds like is that if I want to utilize all of my RAM and I have C2C run smoother it would be in my interest to upgrade to windows 10 64 bit, is this correct?

17. tmv

tmv Chieftain

Certainly. While Civ4 is 32bit, with a 64bit OS Windows can access the "last" 2 gigs of RAM, so all the other programs / services running in the background can run "there", freeing a large part of the "lower" 4 gigs.

18. Sartre311

Sartre311 Chieftain

Ok I'll be installing windows 10 64 bit. I'm not sure if this is true or not but I think I read somewhere that civ 4 (the game itself rather than the 32-bit operating system) will not use more than a certain amount of ram I think in this example it was 4GB is there any truth to that? Or once I install windows 10 64 bit will it use all and any available ram even if I were to have more than 6GB in my system?

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

The Civ IV engine is 32 bit. The game engine will never use more ram than what it is designed for no matter your OS or how much ram you have over 3GB. The extra ram on computers today is for the OS to operate and the "apps" you have running whether in the background or active.

Win 10 uses more ram than previous win OS because of additions like Cortana, One Drive, the Cloud, Groove Music app, etc.. that Microsoft wants you to use and let run all the time. So Microsoft can actually have more control over the computer you own.

JosEPh

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Does your R7 200 have DDR3 or DDR5 vram. Actually for C2C the 2GB is the most important aspect of the Vidcard, but DDR5 is better than DDR3 if you want to do more graphic intensive gaming.

For the vid card though and actually for the CPU too I personally would upgrade your PS to at least 550 W or better. The PS is your potential Achilles heel with this rig. It is your weakest link.

How many fans are installed in the case? And how many fan power plugins does the MoBo have besides the CPU Fan. Keeping the unit cool with a 400W PS will be crucial to high end performance. Keep the unit well ventilated and clean. Dirty fans and dirty internals generate tons of unwanted heat. Especially if that CPU has been OverClocked to 4GHz!. If it is OverClocked I recommend resetting it back down to the base 3.8GHz.

JosEPh