Role Play Challenge, The Next Generation: Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant

Wheres the fun in killing weaklings. You should be going after the strong for entertainment value and for a challenge.

I implore you to go after justinian first as a war between the strong would be of infinitely more amusement to my fellow fans and I then a few minor conquests of petty kingdoms to gather up the strength to make the currently strong no challenge.

Going after big leaders last lets them get bigger in the meantime though ;)

Showdown with a giant AI+ vassals would be a nice finish.

My thinking is to add to the narrative, setting up a rival(s) for an armagetten showdown, but resisting nukes. You all have seen me steamroll the Ais and nuke the world a few times (OK, many times), but it is the last RPC for Civ IV so why rush the ending.

Seriously, would the weaker nations be any harder if I killed Justinian, Zara, and Shaka first???

My way I can give each Civfanatic a nice city, rush buying all the necessities of life, while I corner one last leader in some obscure corner of the world until I feel it's time to simply take that last city over (and likely give it to Sis!).

Yeah, kill off all the weaklings. Continue amassing strength.

But... in the end, you MUST take on two civs at the same time!

Yeah, kill off all the weaklings. Continue amassing strength.

But... in the end, you MUST take on two civs on the same time!

Only 2???

Okay, kill off all the weaklings and then DOW on Zara, Boudica, Justinian, Shaka and Pacal.

I bet your computer will melt a hole through your floor due to all the units required.

Go ahead and kill off the weaker Civs-or maybe bribe the stronger civs to declare war and kill/vassalize the weaker civs so you can have a more difficult finale.

Good luck and thanks for all of the past RPCs.

Hmm, I'm new to the RPCs but I read a couple of older ones and then got to this. Amazing, MadScientist! Great plays so far. You haven't completed 1/4 of the game, though...

Way to crush Ragnar under your boot to provide a toe-hold on the next continent. Letting him off easy through vassalization was kinda disappointing though. I don't think you really need to be scared of any of the remaining AIs, and it is time to get that diplo screen whittled down to a managable scramble.

Continue to roll west! Go!

Ahhh, the city of Absimiliard . . . . .

Cold, hungry, desolate.

Like it's governor's black heart. I can not help but approve.

Thanks Mad.

-abs

My thinking is that if you steamroll the weaker civs first you simply are building up strength therefore meaning that when you do DoW on the stronger civs they are correspondingly weaker.

However if you do a massive DoW on 10 - 15 of the strongest civs at the end at the same time my concerns about an easy steamroll are somewhat allayed.

What he/she said. All or nothing Madscientist!

Im clearly a he thankyou very much. Jehoshua is the original hebrew of Joshua, Jesus and a couple of other names. Of course its merely a "stagename" just like madscientist is probably not the actual name of the poster who writes under that name.

Of course its merely a "stagename" just like madscientist is probably not the actual name of the poster who writes under that name.

Er, yeah a stage name. Yeah, that's it a stage name........

+1 for nbcman's suggestion at some diplomatic manipulations. See how many vassals Boudica, Shaka, and Justinian can rack up when properly encouraged. This would be fun and will speed up the thinning the herd stage of the game.

Top Bottom