Rome

I begin to be suspicious even if the numbers are not enough to make real statistics but, in several game startings, I got 0 Legion on 13 conscriptions (each time I have Iron and the tech).

It seems that I'm very lucky in my choice of civilizations, after the Huns forbidden to get Authority may I have choosen the civilization which is forbiden to conscript its UU? :rolleyes:

To follow :D

From my experience, you always will get the same unit with conscription. In my 80+ cities game, where I got units every turn, it could be observed very well.
It switched when I got new techs. for example, I got only Infantery, then only Marines, then only Paratroopers.
The only randomness was in coastal cities, which would spawn either land or sea units.

It doesn't provide units with strategic resource reqs and only gives units with the highest CS.

Ok thanks, good to know, I understand better why Maori Warrior don't require iron.

It's a big nerf for Rome and some other civs :(

I have a question regarding the way the Arena takes in the GG points. All battles won give GG points including sea battles which is odd considering every other ship victory gives GA points. Could the Arena give GG and GA points to the respective fights?

I have a question regarding the way the Arena takes in the GG points. All battles won give GG points including sea battles which is odd considering every other ship victory gives GA points. Could the Arena give GG and GA points to the respective fights?

Yup. Consider it done.
G

How does the "keep valid buildings in conquered cities" part of the UA work? I just conquered Carthage and all that was left was a Granary.

How does the "keep valid buildings in conquered cities" part of the UA work? I just conquered Carthage and all that was left was a Granary.

Think it means that you can't receive national wonders, and a 4th guild or something like that. I've gotten unique buildings and stuff from it anyways (not in this version however)

Well I conquered a few more cities and everything seems to be fine, accounting for the AI's sub-optimal building priorities.

Something went wrong in Carthage though. For one thing I saw it had Walls, which promptly disappeared afterwards. Is there any issue when the City is/was a Capital?

Well I conquered a few more cities and everything seems to be fine, accounting for the AI's sub-optimal building priorities.

Something went wrong in Carthage though. For one thing I saw it had Walls, which promptly disappeared afterwards. Is there any issue when the City is/was a Capital?

I think wall fall under the 'nevercapture' policy, which is one of the exceptions to the 'valid buildings' rule.

G

So, I've been getting both Great General and Great Admiral points from all battles in all of my cities, since they all have Colosseums in them (if this is not intended, I can log the bug in Github). Since I'm going wide/domination, this is 30+ cities worth of point spam for every unit killed, resulting in, at ~1700AD, perpetual Golden Ages and truly absurd numbers of GG/GAs to the point where I can't possibly use them all. This kind of fits with Rome's historical flavor being an enormous empire that flourished as long as they had new lands to conquer, but it feels kind of cheesy and I'm not sure if it's overpowered or not. I'm playing on Emperor since the next lower difficulty was getting easy, and this feels no different at this point.

I am severely underwhelmed by the GG-generation of Colloseums.
GGs have very rapidly declining usefulness.
The first one is obviously great. The second one is still good, the third might help you cover a secondary border. Then you start to snipe good tiles from close CS, then they start stockpiling in your capitol. Once you have more than 10, you start using them as mediocre tile improvements in your lands. And still they pile on...
The thing is, you get these bonus points if you fight - but if you fight, you get enough GGs anyway, so there is no benefit.
The admirals are nice though, as they can always be cashed in for something useful.

That said, I think the problem lies less with Rome, but rather with the GG, whose value drop so quickly.

Top Bottom