1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by pzelda, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Marluxion

Marluxion Warlord

I think he's town but i'm not positive

Legacy of Smiles likes this.
  2. Marluxion

Marluxion Warlord

Him complaining about people having high mafia expectations of him is weird since i dont think he's done anything to even really earn townreads yet, much less earn tinfoils

3. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

Tbf I can relate to doing this as town. :mischief:

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  4. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Arakhor ISO. He's a bizarre combination of impeccable tone and zero content, and I'm still not quite sure what to make of him. He's PoE for sure. Otherwise??

That last one is a bit odd. Ras took it as an indication of a large scum team, if Arakhor is scum; it might be a breadcrumb that he's third party and is expectign there to be others like him. Third party would be consistent with his combination of tone and content as well.

So as you can see, right up until this snap vote on JohannaK, the pattern is a very high proportion of "off-topic" (game set-up, etc) comments to game-related ones, combined with several mild questions/mild rebukes of other players but never an ounce of follow-up.

The next batch of quotes are during night. Arakhor sticking around to chit-chat right after day-end would normally be a good luck, but yeah.

Again, this is words, but it's saying NOTHING!

First post of day two, in response to me talking about Rhand.

Ok, I'd love more thoughts on this. We can be fairly certain that at least one scum team targeted Rhand, and it's a distinct possibility that both did. What are the odds that a member of a scum team who targeted Rhand would be able to pull off this kind of thing? I've played with Arakhor a lot, although it was a long time ago, and can't remember anything similar from him.

What are the odds that a member of a scum team that did not target Rhand would nevertheless be able to forget all about him? Higher, I think?

Another slightly off-kilter post that could hypothetically be a bread crumb.

If I weren't so committed to burying G1K first I'd be highly tempted to threaten Arakhor with lynch or role-claim, and I'm still a little tempted. Because this is unlikely to be a townie.

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  5. Renata

tl;dr on Arakhor for those who won't read all those quotes: Great tone paired with lack of content, no notable scum equity with anybody else at this point, couple of comments and circumstances that might suggest another Vagabond, doubtful town.

6. Renata

I didn't say anything about people not being able to post.

7. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

An that is exactly my problem, why would I be like this is I can pull a townread?
    I do something is suss
    if I don't is suss

if Esooa says she is busy it's OMG so towny
    if I do it's suss

I already said I want to vote Renata

but not opposed to choro or G1K
    Radish I have no opinion

8. Renata

Given that I'm not getting lynched today, another vote on G1K would be appreciated if it's close at EoD.

9. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

Unvote
    vote: G1K

If we hit town it just confirms my read so its a win-win

10. pzelda

pzelda Emperor

Votecount:
    golden1knight (4):
    renata, raskolnikov, choxorn, ace marvel
    ace marvel (2): takhisis, lord argon
    arakhor (2): golden1knight, legacy of smiles
    takhisis (2): esooa, marluxion
    loderingo (1): el-ahrairah
    master radishes (1): inawordyes

Not voting (self-voting): arakhor, loderingo, master radishes

Marl's vote in the previous votecount should have counted. Sorry, my mistake.
    7 hours left till brawl.

11. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

Probably because I knew what I was talking about there. Trying to scare up reads is inherently much more dice, because whether I'm town or not, I'm always faking it until I make it (or get killed off in the attempt).

12. Renata

Sorry, can you restate? I don't understand what you're responding to specifically.

@Ace -- I'll take it!

13. Arakhor

I find it easier to say things that I'm confident about, which is why it comes out sounding better.

I'm currently working on an ISO, just so you can spot the instant change in tone when it comes. :)

14. Renata

I eagerly await it.

15. Arakhor

First we have the lol-posting of Kpop (?) and then these self-defeatist posts, followed by more lol-posting. He then claims to be "busy with life" - big deal, we all are. Just don't play if you're too busy.

Assuming that he hasn't in fact immediately given up as a townie, this screams either a jester role (Vagabond, perhaps) or a scum trying to pose as an angry townie so that people do exactly what Renata did and say, "sod it, I'm not dealing with this".

This is another jestery post...

...and this one is the "defeatist, pity party" role again.

And this comes under the category of "it sucks, but what are you going to do about it?"

So, I'm in the position of thinking he's either a bad player/a bad sport, which I prefer not to think about anyone, he's trying to get himself lynched or he's in full scum WIFOM mode ("he's a jester, so let's not lynch him").

He has a definite spot in my "executables" list, but then I have a low tolerance for actively unhelpful people.

16. Marluxion

Marluxion Warlord

I have no opinion on G1K
    I don't mind if they flip
    seems rand though

17. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

Actions speak louder than words vote me.

18. Arakhor

Well, I was going to ISO Argon, but he posted a whole bunch of nonsense on D1 (I would hesitate to call them WIFOM, because I'm not even sure he was intending them to be taken seriously) and then only posted four times today. So, it's just nonsense followed by lurking.

19. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

You need to learn a lot about Ace Marvel, saying posting Kpop is locating is just wrong.

@Renata I hope this was not the ISO that will solve that slot, you were waiting for.
    Is is just repairing what everybody already said, and is the perfect cover.

20. Arakhor

You're really not challenging that "jester, scum or actively unhelpful townie" look.