Rough Terrain / Movement Cost lens?

679x

Warlord
I've been finding over and over again in my Civ 6 games that I move a unit to a tile and am surprised when I see that it used up multiple movement points for that maneuver and the unit is stuck on that tile (and, as a result, often takes unnecessary damage from enemies if it's during a war). I personally find it difficult to tell at a glance whether a tile is rough terrain or not, especially when it comes to hills, so I have to hover my cursor over each tile to make sure that I can quickly move my unit(s) over it. This problem is compounded by the fact that the game seems to have a lot of issues with telling me where I can move my unit - either it says I can move to a tile in the same turn, only to queue the movement for the following turn, or the game tells me I can't move a unit to a certain location (usually requires my unit passing through a foreign unit to get there) but I actually can, and I would have to figure that out for myself.

While the second issue about movement simply needs to be bug-fixed, I think that the solution to the first issue would be to introduce a rough terrain / movement cost lens. A lens that would tell me how many movement points it would take for a standard unit to traverse the terrain on that tile. Yes, the cursor gives us that information already, but it takes a very long time to check all the tiles in question. Simply introducing a lens would surely make it way easier.

Top Bottom