RR8 - God in Suburbia

Oh, and yeah I could join if you guys still want me. I can promise to try to talk less and generally be less obnoxious than the last time around. :mischief:
Yes, it was AWFUL to have you on board! Still glad to welcome you back... And I won't mind the same or even a higher level of talkativeness and obnoxiousness this time. :D

It seems there's a spot open now that Cam_H can't make it. BBP? JJL? Anyone? :)

Leader-wise, I wouldn't really mind one way or another. ORG, IMP and SPI are obviously on high demand, but as discussed sadly those 3 are either very used or very used + Rome. EXP is a nice supplement as well so that would put Mehmed, Joao and Bella forward.
I'd say rolo should roll up a Mehmed start over the weekend. :)

Oh, and yeah I could join if you guys still want me. I can promise to try to talk less and generally be less obnoxious than the last time around. :mischief:

I hoped you'll join! And I do like a bit more disscusion than just start a set without any team input! So keep on talking :lol:

But please remember that unlike spies, you can set missionaries to autospread upon completion ;) So unlike the spy game, there is very little micromanagement involved except the occasional reconstruct order if the nat limit is reached. Since automatic units (automated workers, missionaries, execs) know how to use airlift, if there are airports in the missionary pumps the spreading will be very, very easy, if somewhat time consuming.

Very good point, forgot about that !

Not sure I will follow this game, but please be sure to include at the end the units stats page with all the missionaries build :crazyeye:

Ok, Silu , you're in again :p And your talkative is ok as long as you don't start messing with german cities names again :D We still have a spot open , though ...

Anyway I will start the game tomorrow ( today is simply impossible for me )

Ha, Julio after all!

And rolo, my good man, how are we going to win by conquest if you turned that victory condition off? :p

^^ Hope we don't get Germany as a rival then :]

Not sure if we stay with this start if it's really conquest and not domi that's disabled, but I wouldn't count out the Stone. UoS is insanely strong with ICS, and 'Mids can be very strong as well. I won't contest settling in place anyhow. :)

Agree on settling in place.
But what does the rest of the team think about founding our own early religion? Or do we rather wonna make the usual opening of worker first while resurching the worker techs?

Without Mysticism, I wouldn't be too comfortable to shoot at anything earlier than Oracle-CoL (and maybe a subsequent Theo bulb with that). Mono could be possible but is a real gamble, at least if we don't have a Corn and double Gold lurking in the fog :)

Looks like what some would fondly call an obsolete start, a plains cow and a wonder resource... I wouldn't mind settling on the plains hill 1W for the extra hammer, at least we'll get the hill next to the warrior in the BFC to maintain 3 workeable hills (stone included). We could end up losing some resource of course, although a good thing of ICS is that surely another city would pick it up! If everybody wants in place, I'm fine with that too though.

Agree on not going for an early religion, no myst and on emperor without early extra commerce nearly impossible. We're not spain on a lake here! ;)

If we want to go for an unusual start here, let's try settler first! :suicide::D

Lurker:
Silu said:
I wouldn't count out the Stone. UoS is insanely strong with ICS, and 'Mids can be very strong as well.
Also SH, GW, HG... It's gonna be another one of those games, huh? :D

nocho said:
Looks like what some would fondly call an obsolete start, a plains cow and a wonder resource... I wouldn't mind settling on the plains hill 1W for the extra hammer, at least we'll get the hill next to the warrior in the BFC to maintain 3 workeable hills (stone included). We could end up losing some resource of course
I would hope there's food 2E.

Hey BBP, you know that rule that with the 3rd lurker comment on the first two pages you automatically enter the roster if there's a vacancy, right? :D

I would hope there's food 2E.
True. I'd also hope it's anywhere else for that matter... If there's food 2E and we settle on the plains hill, at least we can settle on a food resource! :rolleyes:

Maybe spend 2 or 3 turns scouting? :dunno:

Yes, biggest reason IMO why moving here is tricky is that there are possible food (and stratreso) tiles in many directions. If we'd have certain forest in some direction 2 tiles away it would be a relatively better idea to move in the opposite direction then :)

^ Must... resist... more... games... :mad:
I'll be lurking.

Who are you kidding anyway? You're basically going to spend the same time lurking as you'd be playing anyway so might as well sign up :D

^ And how am I gonna physically manage to post 700 times in the SGOTM thread if I join another game now? I've thought this decision through, my man. :D

Wasting 1 turn wandering isn't so bad here, IMHO... Can't really go with obs start here.

In this scenario, the settling of the capital city is the single largest deciding factor of the entire game, since it will determine where the other cities can be placed.

However, this decision can only be affected by knowing the surrounding terrain better. Thus, I think it would be wise - in this situation - to spend at least a turn scouting. The starting position does not look particularly strong and perhaps some other resources will be revealed that would prove advantageous for a second city.

Then again, since this is an ICS, it doesn't really matter what is where, as it will all be used by a city. So maybe it would be a good idea to settle in place - maybe mediocre but certainly not bad - to avoid the lag associated with scouting.

I daresay I'm not the best player on the roster, but I think it might be a good idea to settle in place.

I'm a bit indecisive about settling in place or one W. One W would make a really strong settler-pump early on (16 :hammers: at size 2) but in the long run it seems to be the better decision to settle in place and mine the plain hill. As I'm not sure whether we really need an early settler pump as we're going to conquer the surrounding land anyway it seems to be more important to get a really strong production city.
But it even might be an idea to settle one E for later settling the 2W2S city on the desert spot and not on one of the surrounding hills.

So as early rel is out of scope I think tech should go Hunting --> AH --> BW!

^ That tech path is fine with me. Only if we end up with a farmable resource in the BFC agri instead of hunting of course. But since rolo mumbled something about deer, I'm sure hunting is the better choice. :)

And 16 hammers at size 2? The imp bonus is 50% on hammers right? So 2 from plains hill, 3 from plain cow and, what, 5 if we mine the stone?! Mining stone does give more hammers (but less commerce) than a quarry, right? As long as we don't need stone for a wonder it may be good idea to mine it. Anyway, that would be (2+3+5)*1,5=15 at most for settlers I think. Still quite nice of course! Ah, plus an extra food, so indeed 16 hammer/food towards settlers per turn. Always nice to be talking to yourself. :mischief:

Settling in place would be 13,5 hammers which I guess is rounded down to 13, so 14 with the extra food. Well depends on what our surroundings look like, but going settlers fast seems compelling anyhow.

Worker first in any case? It can always go mining if there's no food to hook up yet.

Top Bottom