1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RtW: Add-On Pack 2 Release!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Dale, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Chamboozer

Chamboozer Warlord

That can't be right. I've got Atom bombs in 1940 as germany, AOP3 BETA2. Albeit it's in Open Play and I have a few more cities than I might have otherwise, it still seems very much too fast.

Also, the Atom Bombs themselves build way too quickly. Their :hammers: cost needs to be multiplied by 1.5, or doubled. Takes 4-5 turns (less than infantry) in most of my cities for a weapon that destroys russian stacks of 100+ units in two hits. :lol:

And about those Russian stacks, I noticed that in the newest version the USSR does not even build one single tank. They'll send stacks of 100+ infantry, and maybe 2 or 3 planes, but never an armored unit. Perhaps the enlarged build times are dissuading them?

2. danrh

danrh Warlord

I really don't think open play mode can be used as a yardstick in a mod like this. The capacity for expansion at the expense of many of the much weaker neighbours must give the human player quite an advantage.

Has anyone played the separate Europe or Pacific scens yet? I have only been playing the global one. It must quite a challenge balancing the stats to give good results for the regional maps AND the global one? One thing that is already obvious is the ease with which one can cover ground in the global scenario. My German carrier aircraft can start making strikes on the US east almost as soon as they leave their ports in Europe.

In my games the USSR had quite a few T-26s but the T-34 never made an appearance and I know they researched the appropriate tech. Of course by that stage I had already seized all of the European Soviets :)

Dan

3. Chamboozer

Chamboozer Warlord

Anyone know why the AI will suicide itself against other nations in open play yet? I watched the coolest thing happen where I conquered Italy, then ended the war with them still controlling libya. They declared war on France a little later and took all of french Africa. They continued after that by attacking the UK and expanding even more.

Then...

For some odd reason they decided that they could take on Nazi Germany (me) as well as the UK. They now only control southern Ethiopia. :D

Anyone know why they'd attack when still busy in another war they're barely winning?

4. Zulu Impi

Zulu Impi Warlord

I saw something very interesting in open play with poland, germany attacked france, italy, the netherlands, austria, czechloslavakia, and me which I guess for another faction would have been suicide but not for germany. That was 1.2 where they seemed to have very over powered production! Btw I only do open play on 1.3 I tried europe scenario historical 1939 with poland thinking it would be suicide but germany and russia deleted practically all there armor and I was able to take 3 german and 2 russian cities with no retrubution before deciding it was rediculous! That was with rebalanced units though.

5. Chamboozer

Chamboozer Warlord

About two turns into any open play global game for me, Eurpoe turns into a bloodbath with a massive war. I noticed it play out exactly like this a couple times.

France/Italy/Greece vs. Germany/Low Countries vs. Yugoslavia/Czechoslovakia/Poland vs. Austria/Hungary vs. Romania.

France usually loses half its cities to the Low Countries while the Balkan cities get destroyed by Germany. Eventually France regains the cities with the help of italy and attacks Germany alongside italian forces, and the war ends with Germany/Romania/Czechoslovakia/Austria/Hunagry/low countries all destroyed and Italy controlling recaptured east France.

Strange take on WWII, eh?

6. BLubmuz

BLubmuz HoF Quattromaster

Nice scenario, but:
    I began to play with the one that comes with BtS, then i noticed there is a patch (2) and i downloaded and installed it.
    I've played until march 1942, with "exact historical events" or what is called.
    Nothing happened, the world was a peaceful place.
    Something went wrong, what?

7. Chamboozer

Chamboozer Warlord

So what version of RtW do you have? It sounds like you mean Addon Pack 2. There's Addon Pack 3 Beta 3 out now, so if you don't have that, download it and see if the problem continues.

8. BLubmuz

Thanks for your answer.
    Yes, AP 2.
    I would like to avoid to patch to 3.17 until the HoF mod is ready.

But i encountered another problem:
    I tried another game, with random events, and this time everything went fine: i've seen all the small wars before WWII and WWII began a couple months later.
    I was doing well (noble) until July 1940, when i has a CTD.
    After that, i never manage to load a saved game, even one before the war: when it seemed to start, CTD.

Some suggestion? I got a Quad duo running XP pro, 2 Gb Ram, Nvidia 8500.

9. danrh

danrh Warlord

I'm afraid there was save game bug in AOP2. Its fixed in AOP3, so now you have to decide which mod is more important to you ;)

Dan

10. Dale

Dale Deity

Yeah sorry, it's a hollow wind that sounds when looking for support for BtS 3.13 now, anywhere on CFC. :)

I would suggest upgrading to 3.17, it does make the game awesome (and a lot of mods are now up to 3.17 now).

11. ptzvetan

ptzvetan Chieftain

It's not suicide !!!
    It's just that Dale has set the relations ratio very low for certai nations to represent the real situation in Europe during the mentioned time.
    Just change them if you like :)

12. Chamboozer

Chamboozer Warlord

No, actually the problem is that Dale has the AI set to be aggressive, which makes them always want to attack someone.

13. BLubmuz

Thanks all for the answers.
    Since i like this mod, i upgraded to 3.17 and DL the beta 3.
    But i'm now playing with the "retail" version under 3.17, and it seems to be the same that pack 2, but with the save/load working and the "accurate historical events" seem to work, too. I'm now in July 1936 and Spain correctly began its war.
    It seems also faster than the previous, but better wait, in the beginning there're not many units.

Great work, Dale.

I suppose i don't like the "goods factories thing" you're talking about for next release: that way more cities risk to be useless, or almost.

14. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Can anyone help. First are there any new patches for rtw 3? I have the 3rd installment. Also for the global assault in 1936 how do I get oil for Germany? I have no oil and the only way feasable seems to fight all the way to the middle east, which is really costly. No one will trade oil with me, am I missing something?

15. Dale

Dale Deity

See sticky in this forum with the "Ultimate Edition".

16. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Can anyone help me? I am playing as Germany in the 1936 global assault map. How do I get oil without having to smash all the way to the middle east. By the time of war, I have like 5 or 6 planes and maybe 2 tanks. Without oil all I can do is build infantry, it sucks. Is there anything I am missing and a way to get oil for Germany? The Russians are invisible unless I can get oil to my forces.

17. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Dale, is there a way to use your battle mod pack for the "The next War" mod? I play the "Next War Mod" for single player games, but starting from the begining. I do this because I like having the extra tech tree after the modern era is complete. However, I prefer your combat rules. Is there a way you could somehow make a mod that is for one player games, with your mod combat rules, and an extra tech era, or maybe an even further tech era after that! That would be a LOT of fun ^=====^

18. Dale

Dale Deity

Play RtW-UE which fixes the oil problem for Germany (amongst many other changes/fixes/additions).

19. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Dale,

I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you have done on this mod. I just downloaded the new version, and I have been looking at the stats for all the civs. I can not find one flaw. You even fixed that complaint I had about the German advanced infantry getting a penalty once modern infantry was researched. Now modern infantry is a little bit cheaper, which makes it good to get that tech now. Also, I noticed the German tanks now stand a better chance. The tiger is more expensive, but gets that 50% tank bonus now. Last but not least, I noticed the Japanese infantry has upgraded a lot, it is much more balanced and fun now.

Have you ever considered doing an American Civil War mod? Also, could you create a mod with an extra tech era or two, but with your combat additions? That would be a lot of fun. I wonder if anyone else would like to see this done?

20. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

I am playing the 1936 global assault with the newest version, as the Japanese. I can not build a goods factory in several cities, but I do oil. Is this a design that only a few cities get permanent goods factories, or is it possible to build a goods factory in all cities with oil, so I can build other factories. Can someone please help? :(