1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RtW: Add-On Pack 2 Release!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Dale, Apr 14, 2008.

1. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Is the new road to war mod ready yet? I want to play it right now.

2. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

I also want it right now, Dale can you give it to us please? I am in serious WWII mood.

3. Joxer

Joxer Warlord

Aye, I would like to play with it as well. There are several beatings that are long overdue. (Dang Poles and their stacks of artillery)

4. sangeli

sangeli Major General

The Polish were sooo easy to beat it was ridiculous. How could you even care about their artillery? I beat them in the 1936 Scenario (open) with Germany, granted after taking the Sudetenland, Austria, and Yugoslavia (went out of order), by 1937 I took over Poland. Its easy; just use infantry. Plus being Germany is the easiest thing ever.

5. boxNJ

boxNJ Chieftain

6. MaximumPain

MaximumPain Warlord

What I want to know is if they are fixing the combat strength so a Tiger is better then a PZKW IV and a modern tank is better then a Tiger? As of right now they are all the same and I cant bring myself to play the game because of it. I also noted the same problem with some of the aircraft. No reason to tech unless its to get nukes?!

7. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Grognard fantome

Too bad they haven't yet figured out a way to use a Text app to rank posts in terms of their wit, irony, or humor and make forum "ranks" dependent on that instead of the shotgun blast value from sheer spamalot . . . :D

8. boxNJ

boxNJ Chieftain

Ok here is the globalbeta :king:

9. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Is the add on pack 3 done yet? It has been well over a week and I want to play it NOW NOW NOW!!!! Also can you make it so that there can be right of passage agreements with Turkey and possibly Spain. If Germany conquers the middle-east they should be allowed to bully Turkey into a right of passage agreement. This was the strategy most of the German generals felt that Hitler should follow. An assault through the Mediterranean, capture North Africa, move on through the middle-east, and right on through Turkey. Then the German army would a much better position to attack from in order to liberate the Russian people. Turkey can either grant a passage agreement or be liberated by the German army.

10. v_1993

v_1993 Chieftain

The add on pack 3 BETA has been out for 5 days!

Here:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280518

11. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

I Demand To Know Why I Was Not Told About This. You Guys Should Have Immediatly Notified Me When It Was Completed. How Dare You!!!!!

12. Chamboozer

Chamboozer Warlord

There's a whole thread about it.

13. Zulu Impi

Zulu Impi Warlord

I'm still playing 1.2 as there's no combat mod for 3.17 which kills it for me.

14. Dale

Dale Deity

Combat mod is in AOP3. What you say is false. :)

15. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Dale, mod pack 3 is a great improvement. The Americans actually go on the offensive. Also, the arty problem is fixed. One thing I did notice is that the Russian tanks seem more powerful than the Germans, but maybe you did that on purpose. The only real request I have are two. Can you make it possible to have open border agreements with Turkey and Spain, as to use a mediterrean strategy when fighting as the Germans? Also, is there a mod you could have where someone can still declare war on a country if they really want to, but yet the dates happen historically. Such as Germany will go to war with russia in 1941, and America, but yet at the same time if I want to invade Turkey to threaten the southern Russian border I can?

16. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

All ships ignore cultural borders, just like Cavenels due in the normal game
    So you should be able to sail straight through their land, unless of course you have discovered a bug! :)

17. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

The mod 3 is very good in some ways, unfortionatly, I have noticed a few problems. The German advanced infantry is better than modern infantry. In fact, modern infantry and german advanced infantry are the same, except that modern infantry cost more production to make. Also soviet medium tanks are as powerful as German Tiger tanks. Someone please fix this :(

18. Dale

Dale Deity

<brokenrecord>

Once again, the unit strengths are for GAME BALANCE, not for historical authenticity.

</brokenrecord>

19. Chamboozer

Chamboozer Warlord

There's other ways to balance these things out while still making it historically accurate, such as by increasing/decreason production times, % bonuses vs types of units, upkeep costs, etc.

20. Dale

Dale Deity

True, but it doesn't work for all maps. The best method to keep it game balanced for all maps is to modify the relative strengths.

Trust me, I have played thousands of games, both participating and with full AI autoplay. I have tested each method, and using the strength is the best method to support all maps.

Whilst not historically accurate, it's a very fun and engrossing game on ALL maps. If you want 'full historical reality' go play Hearts of Iron. Civilization IV is NOT DESIGNED FOR HISTORICAL REALITY, it is designed for a FUN GAME. :)