Ruff08 - The AI Shuffle

Here is where I begin to realize the real major flaw in Ruff’s plan in that it was a far far too good and se are being punished with a SID (Superior Intelligence Disaster) response. Running 100% cash ready for a 100% research run at a tech.
Nope the AI would never do it.
Setting up a city like New York as a killing ground for a future opponents stack.
Nope the AI would never be clever enough to do that

Very much agreed.

Yes it is time to start behaving like the AI would… What does that mean? Well how about trading for Democracy and immediately making the Civic Switch in mid war. :lol:Yes that does feel much more appropriate.

The AI god is pleased :lol:

I had unexpected visitors today and I had to drop the game until now.... but only played 3 turns until now :D

Why?

1- The big mean green chichened out and the pope gave him 10 turns to lick wounds ( we're not going to let this small detail interfere with our "hands full" on Roosevelt right ). Add - 10 to firaxis for making such a stupid AI AP leader resolution choice algorithim

2- Our girl friend captured the holy shrine of our best friend..... not sure of the diplo that we should put in here ;)

Anyway, I can still play today the rest of the set. Just to let here in case we want to change priorities

Attachments

• Ruff08 AD-1806.CivBeyondSwordSave
    455.5 KB · Views: 73
2- Our girl friend captured the holy shrine of our best friend..... not sure of the diplo that we should put in here ;)

Anyway, I can still play today the rest of the set. Just to let here in case we want to change priorities

I don't think it changes anything for us... after all we are friendly with her ;) we just can't declare on her... :p
Plus, it will have the nice effect of removing culture problems (if she grabs Akkad) :goodjob:

Cheers

Well not much to say...

After the AP decreted that Zara would have time to lick wounds, i decided to do what the AI normally does and burned all the money in research ( Arties, well needed to say the truth, and Bio, also useful ). We settled the GG we got from Zara suiciding cuirs in infantry ( gotta love the spirit of AI attackers ) in the HE city ( we can spit lvl 3 units from there now ) and spammed military , like any good AI in WHEEORN would do ( we are in WHEEORN with Roosy , right ? ). Both us and zara have railroaded extensively, so the clash will not be pretty ( for them , that is ).

On other news, boudi captured babylon and now is sieging their cap ( good ol'AI in BtS bombs defenses too much ... if Boudi had attacked after 1 turn of bombing they would have far more chances ). Isabella dropeed the hands full in this turn and we are 1 turn away of finishing the peace deal and 9 turns away of the next AP resolution

Pics to lighten the day/night ( depending if you are in the bad part of the world or in the good one, respectively ;) )
Spoiler :

I have units concentrated in the northern border. I suggest to halt research for a while and to use the remaining cash to upgrade the southern units ( especially the ones in Yeha, that are stranded and may suffer badly from counterstrike... it might be even advisable to abandon the city to avoid a blood bath ). The obvious 1st targets are Debre Berhan and new York ( the first one is complicated due to tha fact that has river or mountain protecting it except the southern side ... but we have a spy there ;) )

Attachments

• Ruff08 AD-1822.CivBeyondSwordSave
    461 KB · Views: 45
Yeah I think you are up and I am on deck ;) paris could use some farms instead of those lumbermills... but anyway, it won't change anything now.. this game is bagged :)

Roster
Ruff
r_rolo1
Meiz <-- up
Ralph_Jackson
RRRaskolnikov <-- on deck

First thing that pops to my eye is some of our city defenders. We have archers, we have axemen but this one wins them all! No fear of whale invasion for sure :D

I disband most of them and make sure that our cities are atleast defended by two modern units.

We also get this wonderful proposal and little extra unhappiness to our cities.

And finally we conquer the barb city that should have been ours a long time ago :). It has room for couple of extra cities, but do we really have to bother? ;)

How about the war, you wonder? Well, a picture is worth more than a thousand words.

Unfortunately Zara won't accept his fate and refuses to be our vassal :mad:. Clearly he notices our lack of transportation...

We could invade Spain easily through Hammurabi's lands, but the guy refuses to talk to us. I wonder what he's going to do if we just march through his lands?

:rolleyes:

now that is what I am talking about! Great screenshot. What about Roosie - is he free of Zara?

Roster
Ruff <-- on deck (but not expecting to actually see the game again)
r_rolo1
Meiz
Ralph_Jackson
RRRaskolnikov <-- up

Unfortunately Zara won't accept his fate and refuses to be our vassal :mad:. Clearly he notices our lack of transportation...

We could invade Spain easily through Hannibal's lands, but the guy refuses to talk to us. I wonder what he's going to do if we just march through his lands?

:rolleyes:
1- The reason why Zara doesn't cap is because of the low power average on this moment . That , allied to the average rule of vassalization ( the AI will never cap if it has more than the average of the whole civs power ), gives this kind of result ( can you say Liz and tokugawa ? :p )

2- I tried , but I failed to remember where hannibal is in this map ;) The only leader I see between us and Izzy is Hammurabi :mischief:

now that is what I am talking about! Great screenshot. What about Roosie - is he free of Zara?

He has joined our merry band of bitter old folks :lol:

2- I tried , but I failed to remember where hannibal is in this map ;) The only leader I see between us and Izzy is Hammurabi :mischief:

Hammurabi...Hannibal... the worms can be called whatever we like ;)

OK so what to we do? Build up to try to vassalize him or move on and invade the spanish? I vote for the later... :)

Got it!

Cheers

or you could just get really angry at a certain civ to France's East ... someone that has been a thorn in our side way too long.

End of the story: :)

As Zara wouldn't capitulate, we took peace for what he got:

And move troops on the east front... to grab Hammurabi remaining cities on the mainland.
Job done in 1864 ad:

which puts us above the domination limit:

No time left for tanks :(

I leave the save of the last turn for HOF purpose ;)
Congrats to a great team... and thanks Ruff for this cool game :goodjob:

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Attachments

• Ruff08 AD-1864.CivBeyondSwordSave
    505.1 KB · Views: 75
well done all - seemed like a pretty straight forward game. I have a few ideas for my next game - will probably start a thread tomorrow.

Top Bottom