Ruleset and "making the game fun" discussions for DG5

Culture could go under domestic, too, since it deals with cultural buildings. (but also the culture levels of other civs).

That's one thing that would have helped during the English war... A cultural advisor to assess England's culture to help establish a landing point. (i.e., which tiles will be used when you take a city?)

Hey CT! Looks like you finally made Moderator here! 'Bout time. No more slackin' off! :lol: j/k, Congrats :thumbsup:

Cyc said:
Hey CT! Looks like you finally made Moderator here! 'Bout time. No more slackin' off! :lol: j/k, Congrats :thumbsup:

:hmm:

:p

Sarevok said:
What are you talking about?
If you look carefully in the Moderatiors list in this forum, you would notice 3 Moderators in this forum: Eyrei, Rik, and Chieftess. ;)

CivGeneral said:
If you look carefully in the Moderatiors list in this forum, you would notice 3 Moderators in this forum: Eyrei, Rik, and Chieftess. ;)
amusing... CT, did you convince TF to make you a mod here?

donsig said:
Glad to hear you are admitting they were crimes. We can have the trial any time now. The prosecution has been ready since term three. :rolleyes:
I'm not going to express my point of view whether this is "admitting" or not; if my deeds were crimes it is (was) up to the court to decide.
So it took the prosecution over a month to be "ready" and apparently the defense even longer, while my "doings" ;) were very minor and should be easily and quickly handled. That's why I want for DG5 a time-limit and a dead-line for the different phases of a trial. If the Judiciary decides this case has to go to court, they open up the trial and also can set the deadlines. A few days are usually enough. It's not up to the defendant to pick a date for the trial, nor is it up to the prosecution.

For anyone new here and unfamiliar with my "doings"; I was President in term 1 and in the last Turnchat, after several warnings from my sides to post clear and complete and workable instructions, I overruled an instruction from the senate because I considered it illegal, incomplete and unworkable.

Sarevok said:
amusing... CT, did you convince TF to make you a mod here?

No, he pulled me in here kicking and screaming...

(although, I did tell TF I was leaving the demogame, then he acted... softee. :p)

Rik Meleet said:
I'm not going to express my point of view whether this is "admitting" or not; if my deeds were crimes it is (was) up to the court to decide.
So it took the prosecution over a month to be "ready" and apparently the defense even longer, while my "doings" ;) were very minor and should be easily and quickly handled. That's why I want for DG5 a time-limit and a dead-line for the different phases of a trial. If the Judiciary decides this case has to go to court, they open up the trial and also can set the deadlines. A few days are usually enough. It's not up to the defendant to pick a date for the trial, nor is it up to the prosecution.

For anyone new here and unfamiliar with my "doings"; I was President in term 1 and in the last Turnchat, after several warnings from my sides to post clear and complete and workable instructions, I overruled an instruction from the senate because I considered it illegal, incomplete and unworkable.

The only reason it took a month for the prosecution to get ready is the fact that I was serving on the judiciary during term two and could not legally do that and act as prosecutor. I felt it more important to work on the needed judicial reviews in term two than step aside to pursue the CC against you. After all, by that time you were no longer DP and therefore could not summarily ignore legally posted instructions.

We should have this trial even now. If we let the DP decide for him or herself if a posted instruction is illegal, incomplete and unworkable (i.e., subject to change at the DP's whim) then we destroy the very foundation upon which the demogame is built.

Top Bottom