Ruleset Discussion

Websites like www.imageshack.us are great because not only can you not browse through the files, but it also adds random characters to the file name to protect it.

I don't like 3.8 . I see nothing wrong at entedning war to get a better peace settlement. It's like fillibutsering a war. opponet refuses to give you [what you think is] a good deal, you say 'fine, you're a representative gtovernment, we aren't. we'll continue this war until you give us the deal i want. It's like a war of attrition. I think the rule should be comepletely emliminated; or modified to say its only not allowed if the team if making outragous (and i mean outragous) demands.

and what if we're still able to fight a war, but are massing troops? it might seem like we just want to prolong war weariness, but we're really getting ready for a suprise attack. what are we suppposed to say "no, we aren't prolonging war weariness, we're just getting ready to ambush you." and if you declare that we're just in the war to prolong war weariness and then we tell you we're massing troops, you then declare we're not in violation of the rule, they're still going to know we're planning something

3.8 is needed. It prevents teams from not negotiating peace just to cripple their enemies with war weariness. Don't forget that the admins can see your forum. If we see that you're legiminately waging a war, we're not going to come in and say "You'd better attack! War weariness is rising!" However, if we see that you have no plans to continue the war, but aren't signing peace for WW's sake, that's when a problem arises.

RegentMan said:
It prevents teams from not negotiating peace just to cripple their enemies with war weariness.

but whats wrong with that? isn't it just another form of punishment you inflict upon your enemy? the veitkong prolonged the war because they knew the populace was tiring of it, why can't we do the same?

Because it's against the spirit of the game. There's no point in continuing a war that both of you aren't going to be fighting. The point of war weariness is to discourage war in representative governments (like the Viet Cong), not to be used as another weapon of war.

Wars are meant to take cities, kill off units, gain land / resources, not to sit there and watch as your enemy riots.

Treat this game as any other game.

Ginger_Ale said:
Wars are meant to take cities, kill off units, gain land / resources, not to sit there and watch as your enemy riots.
Wars can be used to prevent trades/embassies and all sorts of nasty stuff. War is not just about capturing land.

reagrding rule .3[.1], does everyone on a team have to join the same team?

I also worry that if 10 refugees from team A, who were conquered by team B, all go to team B, which has only 9 active members, they could create a coup, and essentially take over another civ by electing their leaders. Is there anything inheritnly wrong with this? or would it be O.K.?

ybbor said:
... I also worry that if 10 refugees from team A, who were conquered by team B, all go to team B, which has only 9 active members, they could create a coup, and essentially take over another civ by electing their leaders. ...

:lol: So they could lose another round??? :lol:

akots said:
:lol: So they could lose another round??? :lol:

though the romans conquered the greeks, the greeks conquered the romans ;)

ybbor said:
reagrding rule .3[.1], does everyone on a team have to join the same team?

I also worry that if 10 refugees from team A, who were conquered by team B, all go to team B, which has only 9 active members, they could create a coup, and essentially take over another civ by electing their leaders. Is there anything inheritnly wrong with this? or would it be O.K.?
Couldn't we deny access to any refugees as well? Methinks lurking only.

vbraun said:
I simply don't see why anyone would want to join another team after they lose.
Team K.I.S.S is in agreement on this as well.

Is a palace Pre-build allowed? How about switching to Palace after an unsucessful wonder bid?

Top Bottom