Ruleset Discussion

I mean the order in which they are set when setting the game.

Here they're

1 - Team Realms Beyond
2 - Team WePlayCiv
3 - Team Spanish Apolyton
4 - Team Apolyton
5 - Team Civforum.de
6 - Team Civfr
7 - Team CivPlayers
8 - Team Civfanatics
9 - Team UniversCivilization

Map sent to Caledorn and screenshot to Beto.

Thank you. I have received it, and will prepare the PB today. Yay! :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I had numbered starting positions and gave r_rolo1 this list:
0. Team WePlayCiv
1. Team Civforum.de
2. Team Apolyton
3. Team Spanish Apolyton
4. Team Civfanatics
5. Team CivPlayers
6. Team Realms Beyond
7. Team UniversCivilization
8. Team Civfr

r_rolo generated the order using random.org and got this for me
0 - Team Realms Beyond
1 - Team WePlayCiv
2 - Team Spanish Apolyton
3 - Team Apolyton
4 - Team Civforum.de
5 - Team Civfr
6 - Team CivPlayers
7 - Team Civfanatics
8 - Team UniversCivilization

Please note that civ starts numbering from 0 so that was used above.

Now when we start?

I'm working on setting things up right now (which will stop the two currently running games as I need to apply some updates and stuff to the server).

Before we start the game, I want to raise what I think is serious issue.

It is regarding the so-called "rule 3d" which was proposed in the last two days by only one player and was disputed by representatives of 3 other teams and it still went in the final rule set layout posted by r_rolo1. Now is the time before it is posted in the "Final rule set" thread.

What this "rule 3d" says is:

d. Turn Order Shuffle to earlier slot – All teams at war have the right to request an order shuffle to an earlier slot providing at least 3 turns have elapsed since the declaration of war or the last order shuffle. If order requests conflict, the priority for an earlier position goes to the team that is currently later in the turn.

could possibly lead to real mess. In fact it says that every 3 turns anyone can ask to be allowed to double- move his opponent while in war. I, mzprox (co-captain of Team Apolyton) and a member of Team RB too expressed disagreement with this silently added rule in the last 2 days.

asking to switch turn order to move in the second half of the turn is ok ONLY if you are deprived a strategic resource which could you secure otherwise AND you pay the price by allowing the other team one double move. There should not be any other reason to manipulate turn order.

Wait a second guys. Just a week ago we all agreed letting teams moving second request a double move every 3rd turn was a terrible idea. No one actually ever advocated letting people move up in turn order to double move someone. Yet somehow no one objected and we let rule 3d make it into the ruleset. Can we all quickly agree letting anyone request a doublemove during wartime is a really bad idea and delete rule 3d?

Unless I am missing how this could be implemented without a doublemove...

Agree. Lets hope The Admin sees the common sense and removes this from the final ruleset. :thumbsup:

Can I humbly ask you all and most the admin to rethink your position about this specific rule 3d and remove it completely before the rules are posted in the "Final rule-set" section, as it was never voted, nor agreed on by anyone else besides Ruff Hi. We left to the admin to compile the final layout of the rules who will make it to the "Official rule set" and which wont, but I think it was only overlooking on r_rolo's side and just using the Ruff's version where he included this unfair to my opinion rule, which was disputed by all who gave opinion and supported by no one.

Of course we can rely on the admin to just refuse such requests later in the game when they are made, but it will be way more fair and simple this clause to be just removed before it becomes official rule.

Thanks for all your efforts and looking for a great game.

Before we start the game, I want to raise what I think is serious issue - It is regarding the so-called "rule 3d"
I agree - rule 3d is an issue as currently stands. Personally, I think we should delete it and rely on 03e to address the possible unfairness of having a one-way rule.
03e. Turn Order Appeals – A team can appeal to the Game Admin that the shuffle order is unfair and that the Game Admin can adjust the shuffle order at his discretion.

Re these parts of your post …
…"rule 3d" which was proposed in the last two days by only one player
… with this silently added rule in the last 2 days …
… as it was never voted, nor agreed on by anyone else besides Ruff Hi …
Just to be clear, I didn’t propose it, nor silently add it, nor do I agree with it as it currently stands. My position has been (and remains) that it could be unfair to have a one-way rule (ie a rule allowing teams to move back but not forward in the order). I think I acknowledged the double move issue and I think a version of the rule included some text around that was posted at some stage.

I'm working on setting things up right now (which will stop the two currently running games as I need to apply some updates and stuff to the server).

Quoting myself. That's novel.

As there is a possible thunderstorm incoming I am leaving the setup of the game until tomorrow morning, Central European DS Time zone.

Top Bottom