Runoff For Team Name

What is our Team Name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy369

Warlord
The first poll was close. This is a run off vote between The Loneliest Number and Team Kazakhstan for our team name. This poll is open for two days.

Aww "Team One" didn't even get close :/

Oh well I voted for team Kazakhstan even though I'll never be able to spell it.

Here's hoping we don't have a tie! :crazyeye:

Kazakhstan is the best name, all other names are for little girls

seriously though - if we go for Team Kazakhstan what should our leader and starting city be called? Leader could be either Borat or Janybek Khan

Capital city could be the historical city of Hazrat-e Turkestan

Should we become Team Kazakhstan (not certain at this time; the poll have about 8 hours to go, though Kazakhstan leads 7 to 3 at the moment) I don't favor using Borat as our leader.

I'm not opposed to Janybek Khan but Borat is a different story.

And I'm not sure why, either. I haven't seen the movie or any of his comedy. What I have read and inferred from what I've read does not appeal to me. It could be a generational thing and I just don't 'get' Borat. I can understand that; my wife doesn't 'get' Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

The bottom line is that I do not find him appealing. However, I cannot explain why.

I have no problem with reversing Borat and having Tarob as our leader. Or switching the letters around in Borat and coming up with another name. That doesn't bother me. But Borat does. :dunno:

On the other hand :)D) if Loneliest Number becomes our team name, I have no idea at all on what to call our leader. :crazyeye:

Borat "is" a movie maker not a leader so I don't want him as the leader either. But I do want to use some of the Borat jokes from time to time :D

I like Fish, is niiiiice

Borat "is" a movie maker not a leader so I don't want him as the leader either. But I do want to use some of the Borat jokes from time to time :D

I like Fish, is niiiiice
Fine with me. I am not familiar with Borat jokes/situations, so you may have to explain them to me. :D

Since Kazakhstan is a real place why not grab a historical figure for our leader? Abul Khair Khan or Ablai Khan (rulers I guess) or "Abay Qunanbayuli Kazakh poet, composer and philosopher". Gleaned these from Wikipedia entry.

I've added the Team Name into the Team Info thread.

Top Bottom