Russia Civil War

Al Zan

King
i am planing a game about the Russia Civil War(1917-1920)

i need to know who the big player in the war
like the Red Army and other

The White Army...I was making one of these for awhile actually....i just lost intrest though.

:D Excellent idea! This must be one of the more significant and overlooked subjects.

You could probably have 31 sides here, some of the main ones were:

Reds

Whites - Denikin in south, Kolchak in Siberia, Komuch in east Russia (they didn't last long), also several small armies all over Russia

Poles

Ukrainians (governments both in Galicia and Kiev)

Greens (peasant bands, especially Antonov in central Russia)

Anarchists - specifically Makhno in Ukraine

Interventionists - Britain, France, U.S., Japan mainly

Various small nations, e.g. Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan

Turkish khanates in central asia

...I think you get the idea here. Even the Finns could be active depending on your start date.

You could use one which encompasses the UK all the way to Japan.. theres a few like that. However, doing so would take away from the civil war and would bring along an international war.. however after the civil war they did expand and took over the countries which were incorperated into the USSR. The choice is yours.

Well the issue is that not all of these White Army "factions" existed at the same time.

Also, don't forget the Czechs. If their land is at all included in the map, you should add a very sizeable Czech force to somewhere in Siberia, since there actually was one there (on the White Army side). I don't really know many details about this aspect of the war, but you can try researching it online.

...and then of course you get into such things as how involved the Czechs, British, etc all are. You could model this partly as war weariness, but the Czech Legion in particular spent a good part of their time garrisoning the Trans-Siberian railway, playing in local politics and 'acquiring' things. How you'd model this 'withdrawal' from the war outside of a sparate faction negotiating a separate peace with the Reds and a withdrawal from Russian soil I don't know (especially with who controls a newly captured city - the Czechs just can't sit all game holding Omsk if they do make peace). Somewhere you'll probably have to 'simplify' things quite a bit.

Atcually in the Russian Civil War, the Reds orginal plan was to go all the way and "liberate" India. They also had troops fighting in Mongolia against a White Baron, and a Japanese puppet goverment.

Heres the info when I was working on it.
If you want to use any of these, I have leaders and list for most tried to get the harders ones first though. If you want city list, just ask.

Ukraine
Bokhara- Shah Sayyid Alim
Greece- General Venizelos
Poland
Turkey- President Kemal Ataturk
White Russians- Baron Ungern-Sternberg
Bolsheviks- Vladmir Lenin
China- President Sun Yat-sen
Tibet
The United States- President Warren Harding
Japan- Emporer Yoshihito
France- President René Viviani
Iran- Shah Agha Mirza Ali Akbar
Kazakstan- Commander Ali-Khan Bukeikhanov
Khiva- Comrade Faizulla Khojayev
Mongolia- Chairmen? Sukhe Bator
Romania- King Carol
Saudi Arabia- King Al Saud
Transcaucasia- Viceroy Nikolai Nikolaievich
Chechnya- Imam Shamyl
Belarus
Ottoman Sultanate
Sinkiang- General Ma
Thailand
Afghanistan- Shah Amanollah
Finland
Hungary
Czechoslavokia

Ottoman Sultanate?
i thougth they gone by them?

No, the year usually considered to be the end of the Ottoman Empire is 1924. They were defeated in WWI however, and were already very weak before that.

You should consult you local internet search engine more often.

Originally posted by Krayzeenbk
No, the year usually considered to be the end of the Ottoman Empire is 1924. They were defeated in WWI however, and were already very weak before that.

You should consult you local internet search engine more often.
Krayzeenbk - i do use the search engine, i just like to see what other peolpe know on the topic!

Top Bottom