S.o.S 2: Daoming Sochua

Here is the link for S.o.S 1 for those with DLC. I fired up a DLC free game so more can enjoy. Also bumped map size up to small standard.

Here is S.o.S 2 with a new leader Daoming Sochua
She gets +10% :c5production: towards wonders and 25% Worker Speed

Here are the game settings
Spoiler game settings :

Engineers: + 2 production in each city
Retrograde Thrusters: wider area for choosing where to land 1st city and additional visibility around starting area
Machinery
: start with a worker unit

Here is the start
Spoiler game start :

Spoiler your results and playthrough to not spoil first playthroughs. Maybe we'll get some non domination victories this time. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Daoming Sochua_Turn 1.CivBESave
    393 KB · Views: 178
Spoiler your results and playthrough to not spoil first playthroughs. Maybe we'll get some non domination victories this time. Enjoy.

Going to give it a shot later tonight. I'm thinking contact but no promises.

Edit:

Alright, I didn't make notes or was playing especially well, so it was a turn 237 contact victory. Also I'm way too tired for anything but the short version so here it is:
Spoiler :

4 quick cities including capital, then decided I might as well take out Polystralia. After that two more quick cities and that was about it.

Tech order was something along the lines of:
Pioneering > Chemistry > Ecology > Genetics > Alien Biology (T2 Rangers) > Cognition (Plenty of grassland) > Bionics > Transcendal Math > Some more health > Orbital Automation > Random stuff + some affinity levels

As for virtues:
Prosperity Settler > 10 industry > knowledge starter > game was over anyways

And that was about it. At turn 100 I was just about to get my last two cities up and running - 90ish science I believe? After that I just grew my empire in piece, spammed academies with couple of biowells, waited for the deep space telescope, put up manifactories around the capital, decoded, built the beacon. At that point, turn 196, ARC declared war on me. I was one turn from finishing the beacon, had not bothered to pay attention to the AI at all and barely knew they had settled one or two cities on my continent. I had 5 Units I believe but it was still very sufficient and turn 204 they offered me peace for all of their resources. Wow... I then proceeded to fortify all my trade routes and workers and pressed "Next turn" 23 more times until I had won. I didn't even remember to screen it, doh. Oh, I had 400ish science per turn on 200... Pretty bad but perfectly sufficient.
Thinking back I think not bothering with Polystralia might have been the better choice after all. It took me way too long to take the capital and there was so much space left that I could have gotten more than enough land without taking him out.

T210 trans victory.

Spoiler :

Followed GAGA's strategy adapted for China. Got lucky and got two affinities from ruins, about 2 more from quests.
Build order: Earth Relic - Scout - Clinic - Trade Depot - Trade Convoy - Settler - Trade Convoy - etc
Bought one settler.
Cognition turn 83.
Affinity 13 at 174.
Flower built at 188
after 22 turn wait victory at 210.
I build last mind stem after I built the flower in the capital. It did not seem to help with the countdown.
I guess I needed to do it before the flower. Though, I think that building science, instead of building mind stem leads to faster completion time.

Spoiler :
Turn 232 Harmony victory, but only thanks to a pure science station that popped up next to my capital around turn 30 and a free Harmony level from a ruin. Overall start was extremely slow, inlcuding a siegeworm that wrecked all improvements around the capital and killed 1 worker. So overall a terrible game for me.

And, yes, Mindstems and XenoSancs have to be build before the Mindflower construction to have any effect.

Dumb question: how did you save a game before planetfall?

I'm asking because I want to try setting up my own S.O.S. using the worst combination possible, according to the forum:

Brasilia
refugees
lifeform sensors (even worse than fusion reactor? really?)
raw materials

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538736
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538414
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538328
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538490

It's a null hypothesis thing, exploring strategies for its own sake.

Top Bottom